Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 60

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#720 : October 02, 2013, 10:01:08 PM

Whoa, not sure that was a good idea to try to steal 2nd, already up 3-0 and 2 outs.

Madden does some wacky stuff, but as someone mentioned, its seems to work out for him most of the time.  So you go Joe !

Trying to get the runner in scoring position with two outs.  I didn't see it, but not that wacky

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#721 : October 02, 2013, 10:02:26 PM

Luke Scott's not on the playoff roster.  Damn shame that guy couldn't produce for this team.

Yeah.   Could only have 1 DH really and looks like Delmon was the right move at this point.  Scott's been a huge disappointment even when healthy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#722 : October 02, 2013, 10:16:22 PM

Whoa, not sure that was a good idea to try to steal 2nd, already up 3-0 and 2 outs.

Madden does some wacky stuff, but as someone mentioned, its seems to work out for him most of the time.  So you go Joe !

Trying to get the runner in scoring position with two outs.  I didn't see it, but not that wacky

That was Molina on first at the time.  Could be the slowest Ray on the whole team.    He was out by a mile.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#723 : October 02, 2013, 10:20:57 PM

lol, hey crazier things have happened.  May have needed to steal 3rd as well to get into actual scoring position for him

Bones

Starter
#724 : October 02, 2013, 10:33:48 PM

TAKE HIM OUT!!!!!!!!

Agree.  Madden tends to be too loyal to his guys.  I believe he is over 100 pitches too.
Way too risky to leave him in yesterday. Price gets dominated by the Rangers and we all know he is capable of letting a pitch get away from him during later innings. Its not like he was sharp either, his velocity was just overpowering last night.
lol! Rays win. Long live David Price!!!
I'm happy as the next guy but lets not pretend as if the odds in that situation were in Maddon's favor the other night.
let me clarify my post. I have watched Price all season. I have also watched Peralta. Although Peralta is a good 8th inning pitcher I think Price already had the rhythm and the juice. I'm happy Joe trusted him to bring it home.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#725 : October 02, 2013, 11:21:27 PM

That was Molina on first at the time.  Could be the slowest Ray on the whole team.    He was out by a mile.

They did it so Loney could lead off the 6th and reset the count he was behind in.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#726 : October 02, 2013, 11:29:57 PM

They did it so Loney could lead off the 6th and reset the count he was behind in.

Ya,  that actually crossed my mind.  But it would make more sense if the Rays were down 3 runs, instead of up 3.   Down 3 late you get desperate.  Try anything. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#727 : October 02, 2013, 11:50:05 PM

Rays win!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#728 : October 02, 2013, 11:50:58 PM

OFF TO BOSTON - Moore then Price... we will see...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#729 : October 03, 2013, 09:07:50 AM

Was it a called steal?  I got the impression tubby thought he could get a good enough jump to make it and went on his own.  At least I hope that's what happened and Maddon didn't call a straight steal for Molina.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#730 : October 03, 2013, 11:36:01 AM

Good luck. Its depressing to know our 4 best players went like 0-16 yesterday. Awful day for the offense. Cabrera needs to go, no way can Lindor be worse than him at this point.

Bones

Starter
#731 : October 03, 2013, 12:22:19 PM

On 9/11/13 the Sox beat the Rays in the Trop. Hopefully, the Rays will return the favor in their house.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#732 : October 03, 2013, 03:49:45 PM

Interesting that he announcers just stated that Molina told Maddon that Price was getting stronger as the game went on.  Same thing that I saw.  He'll be plenty fresh enough when it is time for him to pitch again and if anyone knows the "odds" it's Maddon
We get it, Maddon never makes bad decisions.

Bones

Starter
#733 : October 03, 2013, 04:03:04 PM

Interesting that he announcers just stated that Molina told Maddon that Price was getting stronger as the game went on.  Same thing that I saw.  He'll be plenty fresh enough when it is time for him to pitch again and if anyone knows the "odds" it's Maddon
We get it, Maddon never makes bad decisions.
lol!! You're living up to your board name. Be glad we have a winning team in a sport. I've had the opportunity to meet and talk to Joe. Although no one is flawless, I'm certain he knows baseball and his players a lot better than any of us do. I enjoyed just talking sports with the guy.. Go Rays!!!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#734 : October 03, 2013, 04:30:46 PM

They said Molina did it because Loney was 0-2 , and that way they could get him back up next inning and reset his count.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 60
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools