Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60

Bookert1905

Starter
#840 : October 21, 2013, 02:16:27 PM

They were terrible. Using Smyly for one batter, putting in Benoit a known pitcher who gives up HRs against Ortiz, and pulling Scherzer in game 6

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#841 : October 21, 2013, 03:29:01 PM

Oh he looks great from an outsider perspective but follow all 162 games. He's a terrible in game manager and makes terrible pitching changes all the time. Micromanages games that create losses. Has no idea how to coach stolen bases even with guys with speed on the team, but again his pitching decisions are always what cost us the games. And it also rids us of guys like Mcclendon and Brookins

I love Leyland, but there is no defending a couple of the bullpen moves he made vs. Boston.

I like him too, but its time, soon to be 69 years old.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#842 : October 25, 2013, 09:07:36 PM

Series tied up 1-1

Could turn into a decent WS, hopefully.  Sux looked great game 1, Cards looked great game 2.  Cards should have a bit of an advantage in St Louis, where there is no DH.  That means Ortiz will have to play first, and Napoli will sit.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#843 : October 25, 2013, 11:36:38 PM

Hopefully the Cards win it all.

The National League team has won three straight years already.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#844 : October 27, 2013, 02:04:35 AM

Well, GD, that was a crazy end to a World Series game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#845 : October 27, 2013, 12:25:32 PM

Obviously I hate the Red Sox, but I think that was clearly the right call to make from the umpire - and not an easy one to call in that situation.  I give that dude a lot of credit for making that call.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#846 : October 27, 2013, 06:23:10 PM

Peavy is peaved..

"I just cannot believe that you make that call from home plate," said Jake Peavy, the Red Sox's starting pitcher on Saturday night. "I'm beat. Beyond words. I don't know what to say. I think it's absolutely a crying shame that a call like that is gonna decide a World Series game. It's a joke. There's just no other way to say it. It's a joke if that call decides a World Series game that two teams are absolutely pouring their heart out on the field. There's just no other way to say it. It's a joke. I don't know how he's gonna go lay his head down tonight."

Note that Peavy said "from home plate," because as far as he knew, it was DeMuth who had made the call. As the second base umpire in Game 1, DeMuth blew a call when he said Pedroia was out on a force play even though Cardinals shortstop Pete Kozma never caught the ball. That call was overturned after a meeting of the umpires, and Mike Napoli followed with a three-run double that sparked the Red Sox to an 8-1 win.

Peavy wanted to see a similar meeting on Saturday.

"He's already proven that he cannot see things correctly, in Game 1," Peavy said. "Pretty obvious, standing four feet from it, he couldn't get the call right. Yeah, it would've been nice for them to have a meeting of the minds."

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#847 : October 27, 2013, 09:22:38 PM

He would have been really peaved after that meeting of the minds produced the same correct call.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#848 : October 27, 2013, 11:10:08 PM

Hate the Red Sox but I feel good for Gomes.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#849 : October 28, 2013, 12:00:36 AM

Another whacky ending to the game.  SMH

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#850 : October 28, 2013, 08:03:26 PM

Cards plan on pitching around Ortiz tonight.  Cant say I blame them. He is something like 8-12 with 4 walks.

He has entered Barry Bonds territory, without the PED's.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#851 : October 28, 2013, 08:14:10 PM

Cards plan on pitching around Ortiz tonight.  Cant say I blame them. He is something like 8-12 with 4 walks.

Well so much for pitching around Ortiz.

1-0 Boston.    LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#852 : October 28, 2013, 10:00:39 PM

Don't be so sure.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#853 : October 29, 2013, 09:42:11 PM

Obviously I hate the Red Sox, but I think that was clearly the right call to make from the umpire - and not an easy one to call in that situation.  I give that dude a lot of credit for making that call.

Agree, gutsy call. And a ccorrect one according to the rule.

MLB said they will take a look at the rule in the offseason.  The only thing missing from the rule is intent.  And that is huge.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#854 : October 30, 2013, 09:46:54 AM

Sucks that none of the Rays infielders got a Gold Glove.  Longo, Yunel, Zobrist, and Loney were all deserving.

Page: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools