Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rumor on 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 02, 2013, 04:04:15 PM

Mah sources!

If its on the radio/internet, it must be true!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 02, 2013, 04:12:35 PM

First off, apologies if this was already posted. I'm at the hospital on my iPad and it's difficult to search. On the way in, a caller said he had inside knowledge that Sheridan was done and that Rod Marinelli was returning as defensive line coach. He said that it was a done deal with Marinelli. He also said Lovie would be brought in as a DC and Assistant Head Coach if not hired as a HC elsewhere.

He went on to say that Schiano was opposed to Lovie, that Sheridan is Schiano's guy and he has no connection to Smith. The caller said there was a power struggle over getting Lovie in.

Lastly, the caller said the Bucs would heavily pursue Antonio Cromartie.

Well, seeing that Antonio Cromartie signed a 4 year contract with the Jets last year, I would have to say the caller is full of it

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 02, 2013, 04:18:23 PM

I seriously doubt that Rod would sign on with the Bucs as a D line coach before finding out if Lovie can get another HC job (Bills?) that would virtually assure Rod another DC gig.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 02, 2013, 04:18:27 PM

Yeah, he could have meant DRC and misspoke or he could be completely FOS. Just passing it along.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2013, 04:20:44 PM

First off, apologies if this was already posted. I'm at the hospital on my iPad and it's difficult to search. On the way in, a caller said he had inside knowledge that Sheridan was done and that Rod Marinelli was returning as defensive line coach. He said that it was a done deal with Marinelli. He also said Lovie would be brought in as a DC and Assistant Head Coach if not hired as a HC elsewhere.

He went on to say that Schiano was opposed to Lovie, that Sheridan is Schiano's guy and he has no connection to Smith. The caller said there was a power struggle over getting Lovie in.

Well, seeing that Antonio Cromartie signed a 4 year contract with the Jets last year, I would have to say the caller is full of it

My guess is that he meant Quentin Jammer. But that doesn't change the fact that the guy is probably full of spit.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : January 02, 2013, 04:23:10 PM

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie most likely.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#21 : January 02, 2013, 04:37:11 PM

DRC is a talented player, but I just don't see him as a Schiano type of player considering his work ethic and effort level were in serious question this season.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 02, 2013, 04:42:20 PM

Mah sources!

Are you a french model?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 02, 2013, 04:45:13 PM

Spoolsis, I heard it alos. My thoughts were it would make a lot of sense, however, this is Schianos show and I really don't see management shoving Lovie and/or Marinelli down his throat.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#24 : January 02, 2013, 04:45:39 PM

It's also not out of the question that Antonio Cromartie may be available for trade.  Revis is coming back, and Kyle Wilson got a lot of experience this season.  I'm not sure about his contract or if it would help them, but I know the Jets are in bad shape with their salary cap.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 02, 2013, 04:52:22 PM

I can't wait till all of the Incarcerated Bob tweet threads again. If you throw enough sh!t against the wall some of it is bound to stick.

Lol icy bob!

It's the offseason again

youngone

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 02, 2013, 04:53:12 PM

Mah sources!

Are you a french model?
Ughhhh bonjour !

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 02, 2013, 04:55:02 PM

Spoolsis, I heard it alos. My thoughts were it would make a lot of sense, however, this is Schianos show and I really don't see management shoving Lovie and/or Marinelli down his throat.

Good, you can probably tell if I misremembered any of it.

I hope they allow Schiano to succeed or fail with the staff he wants.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 02, 2013, 05:06:28 PM

It's also not out of the question that Antonio Cromartie may be available for trade.  Revis is coming back, and Kyle Wilson got a lot of experience this season.  I'm not sure about his contract or if it would help them, but I know the Jets are in bad shape with their salary cap.
The Jets would save $8.25 million dumping him.
He's on their 2013 books for...
$7 million salary
$2.3 million roster bonus
$200k workout bonus
$1.25 signing bonus
$10.75 overall cap number
If they dump him it's just his remaining $2.5 million signing bonus on the books.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 02, 2013, 05:19:55 PM

Good, you can probably tell if I misremembered any of it.

I hope they allow Schiano to succeed or fail with the staff he wants.

I'm not sure it would work either. Schiano doesn't strike me as a guy who want these guys chosen FOR him. I think he will want the guys he works well with. Big names aren't always that. Some people just dont/won't work well with others.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rumor on 98.7 The Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools