Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS LIKELY TO RELEASE WRIGHT PRIOR TO SPRING OTAs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: January 02, 2013, 05:43:33 PM

Barring any last minute change of heart, the Buccaneers will most likely release cornerback Eric Wright prior to the start of the upcoming offseason workouts. Wright is set to join the ranks of Tanard Jackson, Brian Price and Aqib Talib, players who failed to live up to the standards expected by head coach Greg Schiano and the Buccaneers' organization.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8684

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 02, 2013, 05:45:17 PM

Should have never been a Buc.

And Dom needs help in regards to negotiating contracts for mid tier free agents.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2013, 05:45:19 PM

Late Xmas gift.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 02, 2013, 05:48:00 PM

Not surprising. He made a huge mistake and will pay for it. Hopefully they don't go the milk and cookies way of putting a team together though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 02, 2013, 05:50:38 PM

Still just shocked at the piss poor talent evaluation of Mark Dominik.

His contracts are wishy washy.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 02, 2013, 05:55:53 PM

Talent evaluation?

The guy JUST got done adding four very talented guys in one off season. Not to mention, they will play for the next five to ten seasons.

If you want to bash the guy for anything, bash him for the stupid contracts. Talent evaluation, he's doing a damn fine job.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 02, 2013, 05:57:53 PM

And Dom needs help in regards to negotiating contracts for mid tier free agents.

Brandon Carr and Cortland Finnegan got 50 million for 5 years.  Terrell Thomas got 28 million for 4 years and that was coming off of a knee injury. I dont like it but I think Wright's contract of 37.5 for 5 years is market value.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 02, 2013, 06:04:45 PM

Talent evaluation. As in resigning Quincy Black to a stupid deal, how in the hell does Dom evaluate what Black has done and reward him like that?  Based in what? 

Same thing with MC80. What the fug was Dom evaluating in regards to Clayton?

Same thing with Eric Wright.

And signing Jackson and Nicks are no brainers. Those guys are incredible NFL talents. Bonafide and worth their money.

Trueblood?  Not worth his money. And it was obvious.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 02, 2013, 06:05:39 PM

Brandon Carr and Cortland Finnegan got 50 million for 5 years.  Terrell Thomas got 28 million for 4 years and that was coming off of a knee injury. I dont like it but I think Wright's contract of 37.5 for 5 years is market value.
I don't.

Dom can be a clown.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#9 : January 02, 2013, 06:06:21 PM

Late Xmas gift.

Exactly.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 02, 2013, 06:09:42 PM

Wright was a free agent in 2011 and all he could muster was a one-year $2 million contract from Detroit.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 02, 2013, 06:14:01 PM

Hey Eric :

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 02, 2013, 06:15:13 PM

Late Xmas gift.
This move completed your Christmas?

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 02, 2013, 06:21:00 PM

Please don't bring Carr or Finnegan into this equation, they were NEVER signing anywhere other than where they went.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 02, 2013, 06:21:21 PM

I don't.

Dom can be a clown.

Perhaps you should try your hand at NFL General Manger then. It doesn't matter what you or I think. Wright, like it or not was signed at market value. Again, I point to above the contracts to prove my point.

Wright was a free agent in 2011 and all he could muster was a one-year $2 million contract from Detroit.

Dude posted career highs that year in Detroit. Mark wouldn't be the first GM to sign a player who does that to a higher contract the following season.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS LIKELY TO RELEASE WRIGHT PRIOR TO SPRING OTAs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools