Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS LIKELY TO RELEASE WRIGHT PRIOR TO SPRING OTAs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2013, 06:28:58 PM

Please don't bring Carr or Finnegan into this equation, they were NEVER signing anywhere other than where they went.

Keep seeing this statement on this board...if you have a link confirming this please share.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#16 : January 02, 2013, 06:33:15 PM

Every GM in the league has signed a player to a contract that he wishes he hadn't. It's a gamble, plain and simple. Eric Wright didn't live up to his contract and he has got to. I hold Dominick accountable for Black and Clayton as well. But I still think Dom has done a decent job as GM. Remember, he wasn't given much to play with until last season as far as money is concerned. I think his fate will ultimately be tied to Schiano.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 02, 2013, 06:39:55 PM

Late Xmas gift.
This move completed your Christmas?

Nah...my Christmas was already complete...but this was like finding that last piece of candy at the bottom of the stocking as you are putting away the decorations for the next 10 months.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 02, 2013, 06:45:04 PM

Every GM in the league has signed a player to a contract that he wishes he hadn't. It's a gamble, plain and simple. Eric Wright didn't live up to his contract and he has got to. I hold Dominick accountable for Black and Clayton as well. But I still think Dom has done a decent job as GM. Remember, he wasn't given much to play with until last season as far as money is concerned. I think his fate will ultimately be tied to Schiano.

Just "Black and Clayton"?

Not Derrick Ward?
Not Jeremy Trueblood?
Not for vastly overpaying for Davin Joseph?
Not for extending Tanard Jackson?
etc...

The Wright signing is not just a wash that goes along with being a GM....it's typical Dominik in FA. The Nicks and Jackson signings are the exceptions, not the other way around.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#19 : January 02, 2013, 06:56:52 PM

Youre right. Fire him.

Fire all of them.

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 02, 2013, 07:10:50 PM

Not Derrick Ward?
Not Jeremy Trueblood?
etc...

The Wright signing is not just a wash that goes along with being a GM....it's typical Dominik in FA. The Nicks and Jackson signings are the exceptions, not the other way around.

Don't bother, you're trying to talk sense to an automated excuse machine. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 02, 2013, 07:26:39 PM

Please don't bring Carr or Finnegan into this equation, they were NEVER signing anywhere other than where they went.
Clearly they didn't chase the money ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 02, 2013, 08:22:00 PM

Should have never been a Buc.

And Dom needs help in regards to negotiating contracts for mid tier free agents.

Brandon Carr and Cortland Finnegan got 50 million for 5 years.  Terrell Thomas got 28 million for 4 years and that was coming off of a knee injury. I dont like it but I think Wright's contract of 37.5 for 5 years is market value.
I don't.

Dom can be a clown.

Perhaps you should try your hand at NFL General Manger then. It doesn't matter what you or I think. Wright, like it or not was signed at market value. Again, I point to above the contracts to prove my point.

Should have never been a Buc.

And Dom needs help in regards to negotiating contracts for mid tier free agents.

Brandon Carr and Cortland Finnegan got 50 million for 5 years.  Terrell Thomas got 28 million for 4 years and that was coming off of a knee injury. I dont like it but I think Wright's contract of 37.5 for 5 years is market value.
Wright was a free agent in 2011 and all he could muster was a one-year $2 million contract from Detroit.

Dude posted career highs that year in Detroit. Mark wouldn't be the first GM to sign a player who does that to a higher contract the following season.

He was horrible in Detroit.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 02, 2013, 08:42:49 PM

Not Derrick Ward?
Not Jeremy Trueblood?
etc...

Lmao @ "automated excuse machine"

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 02, 2013, 08:57:01 PM

24-40

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 02, 2013, 10:32:12 PM

Wright was The Toast of the Town in Detroit.

And Dim rewarded him with that so called "fair" market deal?

Not where I come from. I would have tossed that money elsewhere...

Plus that QB debacle to start The Raheem Error. He has a list of stupid things done  and his win/loss record is a direct testimony to his abilities.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 03, 2013, 12:24:48 AM

So, Dominick gone. Schiano, gone. Freeman, gone. Assuming you want all of the coaching staff as well. Oh, and half the roster should be replaced by college players that you play well in a college game recently. What a joke. 

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 03, 2013, 12:40:50 AM

Not Derrick Ward?
Not Jeremy Trueblood?
etc...

Who do we hire? Problems are easy. Solutions are hard.

This team is finally competitive and you clowns want to see it blown up. Keep living in fantasyland. There is no easy fix. Dominick, Schiano, Freeman have this team closer to legitimacy than any realistic GM/HC/QB replacement trifecta that the ownership could pull off. Unless, I'm blind. You guys tell me your plan. You seem more content with poking holes in the moves already made, yet fall spectacularly short in providing viable solutions.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 03, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

Why so militant about Glazer dollars? It's not like we're anywhere near cap hell.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 03, 2013, 06:32:20 PM

Not Derrick Ward?
Not Jeremy Trueblood?
etc...

derrick ward averaged 5.6 ypc the year before he was a Buc and 6.3 ypc the year after.  trueblood was certainly overpaid, but i think most would agree that continuity and familiarity with the OL is valued.  davin joseph is certainly overpaid imo, but thats todays NFL.  tanard extended?  not sure why that was awful...he wasnt given a max deal was he?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS LIKELY TO RELEASE WRIGHT PRIOR TO SPRING OTAs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools