Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holding onto hope that Schiano gets fired after the exit interviews... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 02, 2013, 10:27:52 PM

I was as hard on Coach Schiano as anyone has been, however the last week of the season showed me something Rah's team didn't in 2011... they didn't quit.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 02, 2013, 10:35:52 PM

I was as hard on Coach Schiano as anyone has been, however the last week of the season showed me something Rah's team didn't in 2011... they didn't quit.
Such lofty goals have been attained...we can say the team didn't quit. Hooray!!

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 02, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Such lofty goals have been attained...we can say the team didn't quit. Hooray!!
Still lots of work to be done and some changes to be made.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 02, 2013, 10:52:25 PM

I'm holding onto hope that you'll stop posting useless shlt. I'm certain that neither of our hopes will be fulfilled.
This

NovaBuc

Starter

#19 : January 02, 2013, 10:58:30 PM

Or at least bring in Marinelli as the DC. Have him run a real NFL defense. He was DC for Chicago this year and their defense was virtually unstoppable until Urlacher went down.

This Rutgers defense will not work in the NFl, period.

The Bears defense early in the year was getting turnovers at an unprecedented rate. while some of that can be coached and some players just have a knack for it, there's lock involved as well. Those turnovers covered up the fact that the Bears defense is an aging one. Even before Urlacher got hurt, they were starting to see the defense get gouged a bit because the turnovers had dried up some - remember, they lost more games with Urlacher (4) than without him (2) - and had their worst losses with him as well (GB and SF games).

Marinelli's defenses were a bit suspect in Detroit as well. I think he's a fantastic DL coach but not so sure about his DC abilities. Plus, I'm sure Lovie had his hand in with the D as well.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 02, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

How can we say they didn't quit? They were on the verge of losing the final 6 games of the season until Atlanta decided to mentally not show up for the final game since they had the 1st place seed locked up.

Buccarooney1

Rookie
#21 : January 02, 2013, 11:07:11 PM

I think Schiano has one or 2 more years if there is no change then we will see a new coach.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 02, 2013, 11:13:06 PM

How can we say they didn't quit? They were on the verge of losing the final 6 games of the season until Atlanta decided to mentally not show up for the final game since they had the 1st place seed locked up.

They would have been down by 28 at halftime.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 03, 2013, 12:12:41 AM

The only way the Glazers are going to fire Schiano after only 1 year is if he went 0-16 or historically sucked. They didnt even want to fire Raheem until they had basically no choice.

Remember Dungy went 6-10 his first year.

It's not about a set number of wins. It's about showing steady improvement. They were better this year than in 2011 (although it's not really hard to beat that 2011 team). Next year will be a better indicator of where the team is heading. They should at least be well within the Wild Card hunt unless Freeman self-destructs again.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 03, 2013, 12:21:22 AM

I don't get it. Half the folks on this board predicted 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 blah, blah, blah. Now everyone is upset because those predictions came true? This team was like night and day compared to 2011. Now you want to bring in a guy that went 0-16 in his last year as a HC? Wow. No, really. Wow.

Schiano gets another season or two. It'll be fun watching you third graders whine in the process.
: January 03, 2013, 12:42:44 AM Hayseed

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 03, 2013, 12:23:18 AM

I don't get it. Half the folks on this board predicted 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 blah, blah, blah. Now everyone is upset because those predictions came true? This team was like night and day compared to 2011. Now you want to bring in a guy that went 0-16 in his last year as a HC? Wow. No, really. Wow.

Schiano gets another season or two. It'll be fun watching third graders whine in the process.

Exactly.

Schiano gets at least 3 years of the 4 year contract he signed.

MarineBuc

Starter

#26 : January 03, 2013, 06:48:14 AM

I'm holding onto hope that you'll stop posting useless shlt. I'm certain that neither of our hopes will be fulfilled.

+1000

MarineBuc

Starter

#27 : January 03, 2013, 06:52:55 AM

Or at least bring in Marinelli as the DC. Have him run a real NFL defense. He was DC for Chicago this year and their defense was virtually unstoppable until Urlacher went down.

This Rutgers defense will not work in the NFl, period.
Yeah...that would be great. The next HC can be...Jerry Glanville

And me can trade Freeman for Romo...or Tebow...and sign Nmandi and DRC...thats the road the Super Bowl!!!

Holy **CENSORED**...I wish the Glazers would realize your genius and hire you to replace Dominik...we would have a closet full of Lombardi Trophies
: January 03, 2013, 06:54:27 AM MarineBuc

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 03, 2013, 07:39:03 AM

The idea that we ran man defense all year without safety help is ridiculous. We ran man, we ran zone blitz and we ran standard zone. The biggest difference was not the coverage that was called, it was the fact that our CB finally started looking back for the ball and making a play on it. Don't complain about man coverage, there were many many times our CB had very good coverage and got beat because no one turned their head around to look for the ball. That was the big difference, not the play call.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 03, 2013, 08:41:03 AM

He has a five year contract, Grimm. He'll at least get three years. Now Sheridan? That's another story.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holding onto hope that Schiano gets fired after the exit interviews... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools