Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holding onto hope that Schiano gets fired after the exit interviews... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 03, 2013, 03:58:23 PM

I don't get it. Half the folks on this board predicted 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 blah, blah, blah. Now everyone is upset because those predictions came true?

great post. schiano had the team playing at a level higher than most expected...now folks are bitter they couldnt sustain it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 03, 2013, 04:17:47 PM

I don't get it. Half the folks on this board predicted 9-7, 8-8, 7-9 blah, blah, blah. Now everyone is upset because those predictions came true?

great post. schiano had the team playing at a level higher than most expected...now folks are bitter they couldnt sustain it.

Anything to complain.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 03, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Anything to complain.

They finished the year 1-5 and in pathetic fashion.

You expect there to be sunshine an daffodils?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 03, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

If your hope is like a raft, better get extra patches, store a lot of water, and some beef jerky, because you are going to be asea for a long long time and you'll need supplies....Schiano has performed above expectations on all levels.  He ain't no where.  He'll have another 3  years easily to build an even more solid base.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 03, 2013, 06:21:21 PM

pathetic?  not sure thats the word id use.  i think there are optimists and pessimists, folks that like to smile and folks that like to frown.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 03, 2013, 06:34:15 PM

Do I believe schiano should be let go? No, not until we see next years sample. If after that, we're still in mediocre-land, fire him and hire the most experianced guy avalible.

Personally, I think he's a good coach that can at least bring a playoff birth. The team is not fixed yet, we know it, schiano knows it, and the DB's clearly showed the bucs major weakness. Once those guys bring in some talent, or get rid of the nonsense blitzing, I think it could be at least a top 15 defense.

Morris was given more time before people called for his head. I believe, given Schiano's experiance, we let him do what he does next season and judge after the outcome of it.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#36 : January 03, 2013, 06:35:19 PM

Five year contract. He's not going anywhere for awhile.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 03, 2013, 07:02:14 PM

Five year contract. He's not going anywhere for awhile.

I know a guy who signed a 5 year contract on a car.    He filed for bankruptcy after the first year.     

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 03, 2013, 07:10:59 PM

pathetic?  not sure thats the word id use.  i think there are optimists and pessimists, folks that like to smile and folks that like to frown.

So what word would you use to 5 straight losses only broken up by a win against a team that had no reason to or interest in playing us? 

Sorry, but Rutger's has been pretty "meh" so far, and the last six weeks were as pathetic as they come.  I do like the draft though. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 03, 2013, 07:18:37 PM

Really only one game was out of hand. Big difference compared to last season. I'll be interested to see who we sign, what coaches are brought in, and how this team shapes up - hopefully they can win 3-4 more games next season than they did this season. Getting Nicks and Joseph back will also be a big plus for Josh Freeman.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 03, 2013, 07:32:28 PM

So what word would you use to 5 straight losses only broken up by a win against a team that had no reason to or interest in playing us? 

Sorry, but Rutger's has been pretty "meh" so far, and the last six weeks were as pathetic as they come.  I do like the draft though.

hmm, we lost to the #1 seed in the AFC by 1 score, we lost to the #1 seed in the NFC by 1 point, we gave up a literal last second score to lose and we beat the #1 NFC at their house.  so yeah, smile or frown?  if you want to call the saints/rams games pathetic, i wont argue that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 03, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

The team improved.

You don't fire a coach when the team is improving.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 03, 2013, 08:07:55 PM

The team improved.
You don't fire a coach when the team is improving.

We spent more money on free agents than anyone. This roster was waaaaay waaaaay better than last years roster. Should there not have been much higher expectations from this team than last year?

If you set your level of expectations based on last year, doesn't that mean you are comparing him to the bad coach who got fired? Why is THAT your measuring stick when the team is sooo much better talent-wise this year. A better measuring stick is 2008. Even though this years roster was much more talented, we didn't measure up.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 03, 2013, 08:10:08 PM

hmm, we lost to the #1 seed in the AFC by 1 score, we lost to the #1 seed in the NFC by 1 point, we gave up a literal last second score to lose and we beat the #1 NFC at their house.  so yeah, smile or frown?  if you want to call the saints/rams games pathetic, i wont argue that.

The game vs the Donks was not as close as the final score indicated.
We had ATL on the ropes and couldn't close them out.
We gave up a last second score to the EAGLES....who lost to everyone down the stretch except for the Bucs.
The Dallas game was pathetic as well.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 03, 2013, 08:39:08 PM

The game vs the Donks was not as close as the final score indicated.
We had ATL on the ropes and couldn't close them out.
We gave up a last second score to the EAGLES....who lost to everyone down the stretch except for the Bucs.
The Dallas game was pathetic as well.

so you have a negative perspective, great for you.  we had the lead at halftime against DEN.  if not for our top ranked offense shooting themselves in the 3rd...
we gave up a last second score to PHI.  was the same PHI team that scorched the vaunted cowboys defense as well.
pathetic is really the word you want to use for not being able to close out the top ranked team in the NFL?
the dallas game?  pathetic isnt the word id use for watson roughing the punter...baffling is.  pathetic is the word id use for the refs stealing a score from us.

you pick out the negatives, ill pick out the positives.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holding onto hope that Schiano gets fired after the exit interviews... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools