Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Rhodes, Robert Woods, Alec Ogletree will declare for NFL Draft « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : January 03, 2013, 12:17:13 AM »

2013 NFL Draft:

Xavier Rhodes, Robert Woods, Alec Ogletree will declare for NFL Draft

January 2, 2013   ·   

By Eric Schmidt

As college bowl games start to wrap up for the 2012 season, several players are starting to mull over their future. Several underclassmen are trying to decide whether or not they will return to their respective college programs next season or they want to enter the NFL Draft. The NFL Combine starts on February 20, providing the ultimate audition for playing at the next level. Three more players have decided that they will indeed enter the 2013 NFL Draft in recent days, CB Xavier Rhodes, WR Robert Woods and LB Alec Ogletree.

Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes told reporters shortly after the Seminole’s Orange Bowl victory last night that he was entering the NFL Draft. “I’m gone. I did all I could in college. If I was to come back, I don’t think my status would be getting any better,” Rhodes told reporters. Rhodes is a large frame corner coming in at 6′ 2″ 219 pounds. The junior is projected as a late first or early second-round pick in April.He finished the season with three interceptions.

USC struggled through a very disappointing season and junior wide receiver Robert Woods has decided that he wants to enter the NFL Draft instead of returning for his senior season. Woods put up solid numbers in the 2012 season for the Trojans, recording 76 receptions for 846 yards and 11 touchdowns. Woods took to Twitter to announce his decision, tweeting, “I would like to thank everybody associated with USC for three great years thanks for all the support #Fighton #trojanforever.”Many projections show Woods as a third round selection.

The Georgia Bulldogs recorded a win over the University of Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl but LB Alec Ogletree has made the decision to jump to the NFL as well. Ogletree told reporters that he met with his family over the team’s break and told them of his decision. Ogletree recorded 111 tackles during the course of the regular season and had a stellar performance in the Capital One Bowl. ESPN analyst Mel Kiper has ranked Ogletree as the 9th overall linebacker in the 2013 draft class

http://www.thepigskinreport.com/2013/01/2013-nfl-draft-xavier-rhodes-robert-woods-alec-ogletree-will-declare-for-nfl-draft/
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Rhodes, Robert Woods, Alec Ogletree will declare for NFL Draft « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools