Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs setting themselves up for a problem by pushing cap charges into the future? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 03, 2013, 08:58:35 PM

Yucs can correct me if I'm wrong, but rolling the room over allows them to roll any extra over the following year. They may be putting any extension for Freeman on hold, but they have to have the room should he prove worthy of it.

Yes, even though the team freed up space for 2013 - if they don't use all of the space, all they need to do is express their intent to the league, in the form of a written letter there desire to roll the money over in to the next year - the other thing to look for is the likelihood that McCoy gets an extension that lowers his over cap value.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 03, 2013, 09:02:35 PM

Good point on McCoy, Yucs. I could see that.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 03, 2013, 09:07:31 PM

I call bullsh!t . Teams like the Redskins always do this and they never face major consequences. If you are willing to pay the extra money restructuring contracts and paying guys up front you can push back cap hell indefinitely.

DJ, 3 comments:

- Yes, they have faced major consequences. They've consistently had a sizeable chunk of cap room devoted to dead money, and as a result they've had some of the thinnest squads in the NFL. That's one reason they've struggled to win games in the past - their depth was zero.
- The Skins were playing that game in a rising cap environment - the cap is barely moving this year, and probably won't get much bigger in the near future.
- A big reason they escaped a real reckoning was due to the expiring CBA. Even then, they got busted after the fact and that knocked their budget down this year.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 03, 2013, 10:15:58 PM

Nobody thinks the extra money will be used to lock up Freeman?  Not saying its a good decision, but logical no?

Freeman and Bennett....yes it could be the case.

I thought so before this season, but now?  No way.  They need to evaluate him more before locking up big money on him.

You are talking about Mark Dummynik here. He extended Micheal Freakin Clayton , why not Freeman ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs setting themselves up for a problem by pushing cap charges into the future? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools