Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB trade partners? « previous next »
Page: 1

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
: January 03, 2013, 08:20:44 AM

So scanning the list of potential free agents I am finding it difficult to come up with starting cornerbacks who we could sign this offseason. I believe that a lot of the potential starters will be resigned by their respective teams because they had good/great years.

Barring some roster cuts we may be out of CB luck in free agency. I believe we draft a CB or two but we still need a good vet with all these young players in the secondary... Given our draft picks and position within the draft we are in a good position to trade a pick. I wouldn't want to give away a first or second rounder unless we're getting Darrelle Revis or something like that given our success in getting three starters in the first two rounds last year....

So with all that being said, you have draft picks from round 3 on down... Realistically, who, if anyone, do you try and trade for?

After playing the eagles this year and with a new regime coming in Asomugha or DRC would be my push

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 03, 2013, 09:14:07 AM

no thanks on asomugha unless he is willing to take a major paycut. he was horrendous this season. DRC is equally unimpressive and would only interest me if hes willing to come here on a bargain deal

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#2 : January 03, 2013, 10:10:25 AM

Trade 3rd round pick to Chiefs for Javier Arenas.

He will be in his last year of his rookie contract for the Chiefs, and is a Tampa native.  Provides CB depth with starting exp, and KR/PR solution.

New coach may clean house.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 03, 2013, 10:43:55 AM

I find it very unlikely, Brent Grimes, Mike Jenkins, and Jammer come back to their teams next year but okay.

Believe what you want to believe.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 03, 2013, 09:26:29 PM

I find it very unlikely, Brent Grimes, Mike Jenkins, and Jammer come back to their teams next year but okay.

Jammer is 33, Jenkins has done nothing in this league and I doubt they let grimes leave. If they do I'd be all over that one.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 03, 2013, 09:28:19 PM

Jammer is 33, Jenkins has done nothing in this league and I doubt they let grimes leave. If they do I'd be all over that one.
Jammer is still a solid CB at his age and Jenkins had a pro bowl year in 2010. And this year, he played pretty well for the Cowboys.

McCoy93

Starter

#6 : January 03, 2013, 09:43:34 PM

I hope the bucs take a look at Dj Moore from the bears

utbuc

Second String

#7 : January 04, 2013, 06:30:23 AM

I think we need to push for Sean Smith Drc grimes and Jenkins and hope we land 2of them I think we should go after a safety too goldholdson or byrd if we get a couple more dline men like Melton avirl or umenyora would help out the corners

nitey

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 04, 2013, 07:34:04 AM

According to Pat Yasinskas, Carolina is in pretty bad cap position and had this to say about Chris Gamble:

Chris Gamble: Its sad to say, but the Panthers almost have to cut their best cornerback, because he can provide more cap relief than anyone on the roster. Gamble has a $10.9 million cap figure. The Panthers could free up $7.9 million by releasing him.

I liked Gamble coming out of Ohio State and he's been a pretty solid conerback for most of his career in Carolina. He's 29 (will be 30 in March), but I think still can play at a high level for a few more seasons.

Gamble and Grimes. Helps us and makes our division teams weaker.

Sign the G men!

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB trade partners? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools