Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blast from the past.... « previous next »
Page: 1

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

: January 14, 2013, 01:00:04 PM

I recently hosted a party for a friend who was relocating overseas. Towards the end of the evening, he played a video of a housewarming party for me when I graduated college. It just so happened to be the date of the Monday night game vs. St. Louis back in 2000. Not only was it a housewarming party, but it was also a birthday celebration for me as well. I remember a young lady who sat next to me on the couch (whom i had never met while wearing a Dunn jersey), high-fiving me and talking to me all evening about Bucs football. Ironically enough, that same young lady and I have been married now for almost 10 years and have the most amazing son ever. After watching this video, I was wondering if anyone else on here remembered that epic game. I figured I'd try to get everyone in a nostalgic mood today. What were your favorite moments?

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 14, 2013, 01:04:56 PM

Oops....didn't realize I double posted this topic. My MacBook froze up on me last night while trying to start this thread and I didn't think it posted. My apologies.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 14, 2013, 02:00:04 PM

I was living in San Antonio during that time, and it was a rare opportunity to escape the stifling Cowboys influence that chokes central and southern Texas.  The King/Dunn combination on that Monday night might've been the most exciting and volatile single-game duo we've seen.  It's definitely one of the 10 most memorable games in team history.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 14, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Leaving Super Bowl and playoffs it the opening game 1997 when we beat the Niners 13 to 6. It feel like an arrival, we sacked them like 6 or 7 times.. Took out Young. 

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 14, 2013, 03:38:20 PM

I was living in San Antonio during that time, and it was a rare opportunity to escape the stifling Cowboys influence that chokes central and southern Texas.  The King/Dunn combination on that Monday night might've been the most exciting and volatile single-game duo we've seen.  It's definitely one of the 10 most memorable games in team history.

That King/Dunn combo nearly gave me a heart attack!

BUCPOWER.COM

Second String

#5 : January 14, 2013, 04:54:00 PM

The least I can do therefore is post a link to the play in question ..

http://www.bucpower.com/king-stl00.wmv

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 14, 2013, 05:07:45 PM

Got that game on tape and watch it from time to time. Remember at the end of the game TV crews switched to a shot of Georgia (can't remember last name) who owned the Rams at the time. I remember yelling at her on the TV and letting out some of the frustration of the '99 Championship game. That game sure felt good to win as a Bucs fan. That play with King and Dunn was one for the ages for sure. Also remember D. Brooks (I think) absolutely de-cleating Marshall Faulk on a tackle and served notice that it was going to be one hard-hitting game start to finish. Dunn's TD run where his helmet comes flying off is another great moment from the game. :)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 14, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Got that game on tape and watch it from time to time. Remember at the end of the game TV crews switched to a shot of Georgia (can't remember last name) who owned the Rams at the time. I remember yelling at her on the TV and letting out some of the frustration of the '99 Championship game. That game sure felt good to win as a Bucs fan. That play with King and Dunn was one for the ages for sure. Also remember D. Brooks (I think) absolutely de-cleating Marshall Faulk on a tackle and served notice that it was going to be one hard-hitting game start to finish. Dunn's TD run where his helmet comes flying off is another great moment from the game. :)

Georgia Frontiere

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blast from the past.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools