Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baller « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#135 : January 13, 2013, 06:48:18 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000120999/Sound-FX-Russell-Wilson

I think Russell Wilson single handedly made me decide that freeman sucks. I mean how can you not watch this rookie lead his team and not admit that Freeman just doesn't have "it"? I mean this guy, as a rookie, is such a leader, a motivator, and he's coaching up his receivers mid game to make adjustments. He plays so smart and makes very few mistakes. He is the anti-Freeman.

What you see in the rookie season is not necessarily what you get.

Ask Scam Newton.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#136 : January 13, 2013, 06:50:31 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000120999/Sound-FX-Russell-Wilson

I think Russell Wilson single handedly made me decide that freeman sucks. I mean how can you not watch this rookie lead his team and not admit that Freeman just doesn't have "it"? I mean this guy, as a rookie, is such a leader, a motivator, and he's coaching up his receivers mid game to make adjustments. He plays so smart and makes very few mistakes. He is the anti-Freeman.

Ask Scam Newton.

Cam Newton had arguably a better season this season than last...and if you compare #s, he was just as good if not better than Freeman.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#137 : January 13, 2013, 06:54:51 PM

Ask Scam Newton.

Cam Newton had arguably a better season this season than last...and if you compare #s, he was just as good if not better than Freeman.

He was not better than last season ....and what does Freeman have to do with it ?

But if you don't like asking Cam , fine .....ask Micheal Clayton. Got to do it multiple season before it's legit.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#138 : January 13, 2013, 07:56:09 PM

Clayton was a WR, not a QB. You really don't know much about football huh?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#139 : January 13, 2013, 07:59:25 PM

Clayton was a WR, not a QB. You really don't know much about football huh?
The position doesn't matter. We are talking about players who looked better thier rookie season than thier career beared them out to be.

Are you making the case that QB's are always as good as they were before other teams's have an entire offseason to study thier film ??

Never any variance at all right ??   ....and who doesn't know much about football?

: January 13, 2013, 08:14:07 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#140 : January 13, 2013, 08:00:31 PM

You thought Clayton was a QB. LOLZ!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#141 : January 13, 2013, 08:01:24 PM

You thought Clayton was a QB. LOLZ!

You thought E.J. Manuel was a QB . LOLZ !

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#142 : January 13, 2013, 08:44:00 PM

I'm not sure why people want to rip on intangibles on Josh.
Because you can see when someone has 'it' and it's clear when someone doesn't.
Can  "it"  be taught?

Hell naw!!

Yeah thats the problem,  "it"  can't be taught or bought.  You have it or you don't.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#143 : January 13, 2013, 09:01:12 PM

Ask Scam Newton.

He was not better than last season ....

I already did this once, but I'll do it again.

Cam's 2011 Season:

35 Total TDs / 19 Total Turnovers

4051 Yards Passing (32 more attempts than 2012)

706 Yards Rushing

60% Completions

84.5 QB Rating

Team goes 5-11

2012 Season:

27 Total TDs / 15 Total Turnovers

3869 Yards Passing (32 less attempts than 2012)

741 Yards Rushing

57.7% Completions

86.2 QB Rating

Team goes 7-9

So while he did account for 8 more TDs in 2011 than 2012, he also accounted for 4 less turnovers.

The rest is pretty much a wash.

Everyone thinks Cam's rookie season was better and some even think a lot better than this past season, when in fact, by the #s and team W/L record, it wasn't.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#144 : January 13, 2013, 09:02:11 PM

Can  "it"  be taught?

Hell naw!!

Yeah thats the problem,  "it"  can't be taught or bought.  You have it or you don't.

Agreed...and IMO, Russell Wilson definitely has "it."

Hate

Hall of Famer
#145 : January 13, 2013, 09:04:29 PM

Can  "it"  be taught?
Hell naw!!
Agreed...and IMO, Russell Wilson definitely has "it."

Oh yea....and its reflected in how his team talks about him. Dude def passes the eye test.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#146 : January 14, 2013, 03:39:00 AM

Wilson is a leader of men.   I'm not so sure Freeman is.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#147 : January 14, 2013, 07:45:47 AM

Ask Scam Newton.

He was not better than last season ....

I already did this once, but I'll do it again.

Cam's 2011 Season:

35 Total TDs / 19 Total Turnovers

4051 Yards Passing (32 more attempts than 2012)

706 Yards Rushing

60% Completions

84.5 QB Rating

Team goes 5-11

2012 Season:

27 Total TDs / 15 Total Turnovers

3869 Yards Passing (32 less attempts than 2012)

741 Yards Rushing

57.7% Completions

86.2 QB Rating

Team goes 7-9

So while he did account for 8 more TDs in 2011 than 2012, he also accounted for 4 less turnovers.

The rest is pretty much a wash.

Everyone thinks Cam's rookie season was better and some even think a lot better than this past season, when in fact, by the #s and team W/L record, it wasn't.

Fair enough ....Cam started the season like crap but he did turn it on at the end  . I don't want to turn this into a Cam debate anyways. The point was that not all players end up in the long run as good as they looked to start with . You can find hundreds of examples.

Just on the Bucs : Shaun King , Cadillac Williams , and Micheal Clayton come to mind.

Only point: Let's see this guy do it two years in a row before we put him in the hall of fame. He's been impressive , but I still think being only 5'11 is going to limit his game in many ways.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#148 : January 14, 2013, 11:09:26 AM

Barron and David are Ballers

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#149 : January 14, 2013, 05:42:00 PM

@johnpboyle - QB Russell Wilson wasn't in the locker room for cleanout b/c he was watching film. Seriously. #Seahawks

http://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/290938216322842624

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baller « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools