Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baller « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 03, 2013, 01:34:26 PM

There is no doubt that Wilson and RGIII are talented. There is no doubt that Cam Newton is talented but when the NFL gets a year to watch tape on a new style offense, it becomes less effective. I think both guys will do just fine but they will have to fall into a more traditional style of QB'ing next year.

A lot of people in here bangin on Cam Newton. By the numbers, he actually had a better season this season than last. I don't get all this "look what happened to Newton in his 2nd season" talk.

And if you go by QB rating, he had a better season than Freeman. He had 7 games w/a QB rating of less than 80...Freeman had 8. Newton had 6 games w/a QB rating better than 100...Freeman had 5. Newton acounted for 27 TDs and 15 turnovers while Freeman accounted for 27 TDs and 19 turnovers.

You could make the case that Newton had a similar if not better season than Freeman.

The same people that are boasting about Freeman setting this franchise record and that franchise record and boasting about this great season he had are the same ones ripping Newton who had a similar if not better season.

Makes total sense to me!!!

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 03, 2013, 01:39:51 PM

I think Russell Wilson single handedly made me decide that freeman sucks. I mean how can you not watch this rookie lead his team and not admit that Freeman just doesn't have "it"? I mean this guy, as a rookie, is such a leader, a motivator, and he's coaching up his receivers mid game to make adjustments. He plays so smart and makes very few mistakes. He is the anti-Freeman.

I like Wilson but this thread has single handedly made me hope he implodes this weekend. Your anti-Freeman was 3-5 with 9 TDs/8 INTs on the road.

And your Freeman was 1-5 with 6 TDs/10 INTs the final 6 games of the season.

Even better, other than the stellar 5-game stretch, your Freeman was 14 TDs/16 INTs in the other 11 games...stellar!!! Definitely the type of QB I want...consistency at its finest!!!

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 03, 2013, 01:45:01 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000120999/Sound-FX-Russell-Wilson

I think Russell Wilson single handedly made me decide that freeman sucks. I mean how can you not watch this rookie lead his team and not admit that Freeman just doesn't have "it"? I mean this guy, as a rookie, is such a leader, a motivator, and he's coaching up his receivers mid game to make adjustments. He plays so smart and makes very few mistakes. He is the anti-Freeman.

Credit the defense.

Hope this is a joke....but not sure.....

Half a joke actually....seachickens do have a much better defense though. Wilson doesn't have to post 40 points a game in order to have a chance to win.It's his first year and he certainly has played better than expected, when you consider that he wasn't first in line to start. It's a good situation for him. He has an experienced coaching staff and veteran players to depend on. I'm curious to see if he can maintain his production next year. Fig Newton had some great numbers in his rookie year. This season defenses caught up with him. Honestly I don't see that happening with Wilson. There isn't the turmoil in Seattle that there is in Carolina, and he's had decent coaching to build on.

Freeman's coaches have sucked up until this point. I am confident Schiano will fix our defense and make Freeman more consistent. The culture change is in full swing and the roster has talent. Fill a few holes, make a few adjustments in coaching and schemes, and we have a playoff team. Next year you can complain because we don't win the SB. I'll notch it up as progress and bet on 2014, with Josh Freeman.

To the bold...are you implying that Freeman needed to score 40 points every game in order to win?

In 4 of the Bucs losses, 25 points would have won the game, not 40.

These Freeman apologists are so blinded by their love for the guy, that they can't help but post ridiculousness 24/7 on here.

So what I gathered is that Wilson is good becuase of:

his coaches
his situation
veteran players around him
defense

While Freeman stinks because of:

new coaches (the old ones stunk!!!)
no vets around him
bad defense (specifically a bad secondary)

Yada, yada, yada...nothing but excuses for these Freeman apologists as to why Freeman stinks. As soon as Freeman threw that horrible INT on Sunday against Atlanta, the 1st thing that came to my mind was "man, if only the Bucs had a good secondary, Freeman wouldn't have thrown that pass."

Theoldbuc

Starter

#48 : January 03, 2013, 02:10:48 PM

Most QBs don't regress like Freeman did without a major injury ( Palmer). I wouldn't expect Wilson not be good. Teams have a lot of film on him already. It doesn't take months to gameplan.

Wow, regressing to 27:17 td:int and 4065 yards. Yep that is very unusual regression right there!  :o

Those stats seem to be a nice consolation prize for people who can't see beyond a numbers webpage on NFL.com

There is no consolation for not making the playoffs. It's just interesting how Freeman's numbers stack up in  comparison to the other guys who do his job. He's in the top 10 in TD's and yardage and the offense is #13 in scoring. Contrast that with scoring defense where seattle is #1 and we are #23rd. Yet the core of this thread is the difference between Seatlle and Tampa is summed up in Wilson vs Freeman.  That, my friend, is laughable! :P  I am certain Seattle's defense would have stopped the Giants, Eagles and Redskins from scoring late and NO wouldn't have scored 35 against them and the Bucs would be at least 11-5.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 03, 2013, 02:29:24 PM

There is no consolation for not making the playoffs. It's just interesting how Freeman's numbers stack up in  comparison to the other guys who do his job. He's in the top 10 in TD's and yardage and the offense is #13 in scoring. Contrast that with scoring defense where seattle is #1 and we are #23rd. Yet the core of this thread is the difference between Seatlle and Tampa is summed up in Wilson vs Freeman.  That, my friend, is laughable! :P  I am certain Seattle's defense would have stopped the Giants, Eagles and Redskins from scoring late and NO wouldn't have scored 35 against them and the Bucs would be at least 11-5.

Stop making sense. And you know what else is that the core of this thread? The Bucs have pretty crappy fans. Zero homefield advantage.Better record on the road than at home. Fans would rather be **CENSORED**ing about how to get rid of a good QB than actually making noise so rookie QBs don't waltz down the field and steal wins.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#50 : January 03, 2013, 02:32:37 PM

I like Wilson but this thread has single handedly made me hope he implodes this weekend. Your anti-Freeman was 3-5 with 9 TDs/8 INTs on the road.

Even better, other than the stellar 5-game stretch, your Freeman was 14 TDs/16 INTs in the other 11 games...stellar!!! Definitely the type of QB I want...consistency at its finest!!!

In 14 games, excluding in NO and SL, he had 26 tds and 9 ints. See how that works. Apart from those two games, what a season!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 03, 2013, 02:35:59 PM

Stop making sense. And you know what else is that the core of this thread? The Bucs have pretty crappy fans. Zero homefield advantage.Better record on the road than at home. Fans would rather be **CENSORED**ing about how to get rid of a good QB than actually making noise so rookie QBs don't waltz down the field and steal wins.

You guys make sense to me but to others they are "excuses". In a sense they are right because as a QB, you gotta get it done. Its the most demanding position on the football field. If he isnt getting it done, regardless he will get the most criticism and rightfully so. He does have the ball the most. I understand that completely. I also understand that theres more to it than just what the QB can and cant do. In the end its a team game but the QB gets the criticism. I think for those who are constantly defending Freeman should wave the white flag. I see no end to this other than next year Freeman goes out and does well. Which Im sure most fans on here hope happen. Whether or not they think it will happen doesnt matter. Next season is where its at. Hopefully he gets it done and we dont have to see a new QB in there. Would be nice to see and this team would be that much closer to going where they want to go.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#52 : January 03, 2013, 03:04:27 PM

Guys its settled. Invent a time machine and go back in time to tell Dom that we should draft Wilson. No more Freeman. Problem solved.

If the guy listened to me, he'd have done that.

I don't think there's any doubt I'd be a better GM than him.

How is that Tebow prediction working out?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#53 : January 03, 2013, 03:16:13 PM

In 14 games, excluding in NO and SL, he had 26 tds and 9 ints. See how that works. Apart from those two games, what a season!

Some people on this board have to accentuate whatever is negative. They seemingly would rather see Freeman fail, even if it means the Bucs lose, just so they can say they were right. It makes no sense, but shows where their priorities are.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 03, 2013, 03:28:16 PM

So essentially jhop, since you point out that Freeman was awful down the stretch...you are now one of the strawmen that want to see Freeman fail.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#55 : January 03, 2013, 03:33:52 PM

Except that it wasn't "what a season!" In the 26 and 9, the team led by its extremely inconsistent QB went 7-7. Other than the 5-game stretch, I would say Freeman played good in 1, maybe 2 of the other 11 games...yay for consistency!!!

What Freeman apologists like you keep failing to admit is that other than his great 5-game stretch, Freeman played average to poorly the rest of the season.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 03, 2013, 03:37:48 PM

So essentially jhop, since you point out that Freeman was awful down the stretch...you are now one of the strawmen that want to see Freeman fail.

I certainly don't wanna see him fail. W/O good to great QB play, it's tough if not impossible to win these days in the NFL. I got sucked in by his great 5-game stretch, I admit that. And then he played like his normal self over the final 6 games and go figure, the team went 1-5.

I just don't understand it. Yes, the defense stunk this season, but w/Freeman playing better than he finished, the team stood at 6-4 even w/that bad defense. As soon as Freeman started stinking up the joint, the team went 1-5. Go figure, the QB play on a football team plays a huge (the biggest role IMO) role in the W/L record...shocking I know!!!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#57 : January 03, 2013, 03:55:00 PM

I certainly don't wanna see him fail. W/O good to great QB play, it's tough if not impossible to win these days in the NFL. I got sucked in by his great 5-game stretch, I admit that. And then he played like his normal self over the final 6 games and go figure, the team went 1-5.

I just don't understand it. Yes, the defense stunk this season, but w/Freeman playing better than he finished, the team stood at 6-4 even w/that bad defense. As soon as Freeman started stinking up the joint, the team went 1-5. Go figure, the QB play on a football team plays a huge (the biggest role IMO) role in the W/L record...shocking I know!!!

What sparky did there, was make sh*t up. He did so to make it seem like he, and other freepologists are fighting against people who have an inherent hate for Freeman and want him to fail.
: January 03, 2013, 03:56:50 PM chace1986

2002Champs2055

Rookie

#58 : January 03, 2013, 04:03:10 PM

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

EVERYBODY READ THIS

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#59 : January 03, 2013, 04:03:46 PM

People say Newton had a sophomore slump but did he really? His team finished with a better record and he posted a higher QB rating than the year before. The stats are pretty similar also though this year had less TD's but less turnovers also. Seems like he just stayed at the same level.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baller « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools