Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baller « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: January 03, 2013, 09:08:48 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000120999/Sound-FX-Russell-Wilson

I think Russell Wilson single handedly made me decide that freeman sucks. I mean how can you not watch this rookie lead his team and not admit that Freeman just doesn't have "it"? I mean this guy, as a rookie, is such a leader, a motivator, and he's coaching up his receivers mid game to make adjustments. He plays so smart and makes very few mistakes. He is the anti-Freeman.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 03, 2013, 09:13:43 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000120999/Sound-FX-Russell-Wilson

I think Russell Wilson single handedly made me decide that freeman sucks. I mean how can you not watch this rookie lead his team and not admit that Freeman just doesn't have "it"? I mean this guy, as a rookie, is such a leader, a motivator, and he's coaching up his receivers mid game to make adjustments. He plays so smart and makes very few mistakes. He is the anti-Freeman.

Credit the defense.

PewterBlitz

Starter

#2 : January 03, 2013, 09:24:15 AM

What Josh Freeman lacks in composure, accuracy, and leadership, he more than makes up for with.......

>:(

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 03, 2013, 09:27:45 AM

Credit the defense.

Seattle's defense is good but you can't discount Wilson's skills.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 03, 2013, 09:28:38 AM

Credit the defense.

Hope this is a joke....but not sure.....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 03, 2013, 09:34:45 AM

Was this all defense?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : January 03, 2013, 09:37:53 AM

wonder how Wilson would play with a piece-mealed, practice squad OL   and once Luck, RGIII, and Wilson play a couple of seasons, we'll really know how good they are

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#7 : January 03, 2013, 09:50:12 AM

I think the point, atleast the point I took, is this kid has a lot of characteristics you can't coach such as leadership. 

We haven't seen any of this from Josh, and in fact at times see the opposite on the field.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 03, 2013, 09:55:44 AM

26 TDs to 10 Ints. 64% completion rate and a 100 QB rating, plus 500 yards of rushing and 4 rushing TDs......yep. All defense.

The stats don't even tell the whole story cause this kid is a leader and he makes everyone better. I wish I could say those things about Freeman.

People say to respect Freeman because he broke Buccaneer records.....and yet this rookie had a better year. So did two other rookies. Kinda puts it into perspective, doesn't it? In this new age NFL, all the passing records should be getting broke. It's not that all the sudden there is a flood of HoF quarterbacks, It's the rules that are making it easier. We can do better. Above average QBs can now be great in the league. Freeman is still mediocre at best....which makes you wonder how he would have fared a decade ago.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 03, 2013, 09:55:56 AM

I'm not sure why people want to rip on intangibles on Josh. The problem isn't something we can't quantify it is things we actually can -- accuracy and decision making. The rookies do show him up on that front as well though.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#10 : January 03, 2013, 10:00:32 AM

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they have the #1 scoring defense in the league, right? What would our record be if we only gave up 15 points per game?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 03, 2013, 10:01:50 AM

It's more than that Dal. I use to just blow off the rumors, but the more people I meet that know Freeman or live by him, the more I hear about his partying. I've heard it from too many people now to not believe it is a problem.

If he was a great leader and always seemed prepared, it wouldn't be a concern. But when he continues to play like a rookie year after year and doesn't take on a leadership role, you have to wonder if it's because he isn't putting in the time and effort. I mean, to me it's one of two things. Either the rumors are true and he parties way too much, so he isn't putting forth the proper amount of time and effort to be the best he can be....or he just doesn't have what it takes between his ears to be great. Either way, we can do better.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 03, 2013, 10:04:47 AM

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they have the #1 scoring defense in the league, right? What would our record be if we only gave up 15 points per game?

I'm not even talking about their win/loss record or the fact they made the playoffs. Of course much of that is due to their outstanding defense.

I'm talking about this young man's composure. His ability to not only lead his team, but coach them up during a game, make them play better, smarter football. The ability to keep his cool and make smart decisions. Extend long drives and give his defense rest. It's all that and his stats are great. THAT has nothing to do with defense.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#13 : January 03, 2013, 10:20:17 AM

I'm not even talking about their win/loss record or the fact they made the playoffs. Of course much of that is due to their outstanding defense.

I'm talking about this young man's composure. His ability to not only lead his team, but coach them up during a game, make them play better, smarter football. The ability to keep his cool and make smart decisions. Extend long drives and give his defense rest. It's all that and his stats are great. THAT has nothing to do with defense.

You do understand that a defense on gets off the field when they stop the offense? And if they weren't in the playoffs his stats, like all the records Freeman has set, would be meaningless to you. ::)

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 03, 2013, 10:20:35 AM

Just for fun let's compare Freeman's 2010 (first full season) against Wilson's first full starting year:

Freeman:  61% comp
Wilson: 64% comp

Freeman: 25 TDs
Wilson: 26 TDs

Freeman: 6 INTs
Wilson: 10 INTs

Freeman: 3457 yds
Wilson: 3118 yds

Freeman: 95.9 rating
Wilson: 100.0 rating

Freeman: 7.28 avg ypp
Wilson: 7.93 avg ypp

I'm not saying Wilson isn't going to be a great QB but let's wait till coaches get a year of tape on this kid before we crown him as the next Drew Brees.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baller « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools