Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baller « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 03, 2013, 12:05:25 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000120999/Sound-FX-Russell-Wilson

I think Russell Wilson single handedly made me decide that freeman sucks. I mean how can you not watch this rookie lead his team and not admit that Freeman just doesn't have "it"? I mean this guy, as a rookie, is such a leader, a motivator, and he's coaching up his receivers mid game to make adjustments. He plays so smart and makes very few mistakes. He is the anti-Freeman.

Credit the defense.

Hope this is a joke....but not sure.....

Half a joke actually....seachickens do have a much better defense though. Wilson doesn't have to post 40 points a game in order to have a chance to win. It's his first year and he certainly has played better than expected, when you consider that he wasn't first in line to start. It's a good situation for him. He has an experienced coaching staff and veteran players to depend on. I'm curious to see if he can maintain his production next year. Fig Newton had some great numbers in his rookie year. This season defenses caught up with him. Honestly I don't see that happening with Wilson. There isn't the turmoil in Seattle that there is in Carolina, and he's had decent coaching to build on.

Freeman's coaches have sucked up until this point. I am confident Schiano will fix our defense and make Freeman more consistent. The culture change is in full swing and the roster has talent. Fill a few holes, make a few adjustments in coaching and schemes, and we have a playoff team. Next year you can complain because we don't win the SB. I'll notch it up as progress and bet on 2014, with Josh Freeman.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 03, 2013, 12:11:12 PM

Most QBs don't regress like Freeman did without a major injury ( Palmer). I wouldn't expect Wilson not be good. Teams have a lot of film on him already. It doesn't take months to gameplan.

It is more of watching the pistol offense and finding the best way to defend it to make QBs like RGIII and Wilson more one dimensional.  Every team in the league is going to spend weeks in the off-season breaking down game-film and also drafting defensive players that can fit the schemes they want to use to help defend it.   Teams in the NFC West and East will do the most and they will unfold a defensive scheme that works well against the pistol QBs and every other team will look to copy it and offenses and QBs will have to adjust.  It will depend on how they adjust to the new defensive schemes that will prove if they are going to stars or not but it is too early to tell after one season
: January 03, 2013, 12:12:46 PM Ft Myers Buc Fan

Theoldbuc

Starter

#32 : January 03, 2013, 12:16:02 PM

Most QBs don't regress like Freeman did without a major injury ( Palmer). I wouldn't expect Wilson not be good. Teams have a lot of film on him already. It doesn't take months to gameplan.

Wow, regressing to 27:17 td:int and 4065 yards. Yep that is very unusual regression right there!  :o

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : January 03, 2013, 12:20:13 PM

Best surrounding talent in Buc history in VJax, MWill, Dallas Clark and Doug Martin....

Give Freeman Willie Drewery, Alvin Harper, and Errict Rhett and see how he does.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 03, 2013, 12:22:44 PM

Best surrounding talent in Buc history in VJax, MWill, Dallas Clark and Doug Martin....

Give Freeman Willie Drewery, Alvin Harper, and Errict Rhett and see how he does.

Are you serious? Some of those guys are over 50 yrs old and probably have severe arthritis.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 03, 2013, 12:22:53 PM

Wow, regressing to 27:17 td:int and 4065 yards. Yep that is very unusual regression right there!  :o

Not to worry. Schiano will fix that problem in his second year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 03, 2013, 12:27:39 PM

Those stats seem to be a nice consolation prize for people who can't see beyond a numbers webpage on NFL.com

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 03, 2013, 12:32:51 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000120999/Sound-FX-Russell-Wilson

I think Russell Wilson single handedly made me decide that freeman sucks. I mean how can you not watch this rookie lead his team and not admit that Freeman just doesn't have "it"? I mean this guy, as a rookie, is such a leader, a motivator, and he's coaching up his receivers mid game to make adjustments. He plays so smart and makes very few mistakes. He is the anti-Freeman.

Credit the defense.

Hope this is a joke....but not sure.....

Half a joke actually....seachickens do have a much better defense though. Wilson doesn't have to post 40 points a game in order to have a chance to win.It's his first year and he certainly has played better than expected, when you consider that he wasn't first in line to start. It's a good situation for him. He has an experienced coaching staff and veteran players to depend on. I'm curious to see if he can maintain his production next year. Fig Newton had some great numbers in his rookie year. This season defenses caught up with him. Honestly I don't see that happening with Wilson. There isn't the turmoil in Seattle that there is in Carolina, and he's had decent coaching to build on.

Freeman's coaches have sucked up until this point. I am confident Schiano will fix our defense and make Freeman more consistent. The culture change is in full swing and the roster has talent. Fill a few holes, make a few adjustments in coaching and schemes, and we have a playoff team. Next year you can complain because we don't win the SB. I'll notch it up as progress and bet on 2014, with Josh Freeman.

To the bold...are you implying that Freeman needed to score 40 points every game in order to win?

In 4 of the Bucs losses, 25 points would have won the game, not 40.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 03, 2013, 12:45:48 PM

I think our strategy should be to draft and play a new rookie QB every season! That way there's no tape ever and then we trade the rising star for something! Wash, rinse, repeat.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 03, 2013, 12:46:50 PM

Guys its settled. Invent a time machine and go back in time to tell Dom that we should draft Wilson. No more Freeman. Problem solved.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 03, 2013, 12:54:28 PM

Guys its settled. Invent a time machine and go back in time to tell Dom that we should draft Wilson. No more Freeman. Problem solved.
I'd rather go back to 1981 and kidnap Joe Montana and take him to 2012. Problem solved.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 03, 2013, 12:56:26 PM

I'd rather go back to 1981 and kidnap Joe Montana and take him to 2012. Problem solved.

lol get the Doc in here!!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 03, 2013, 01:19:27 PM

If the guy listened to me, he'd have done that.

I don't think there's any doubt I'd be a better GM than him.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 03, 2013, 01:20:19 PM

Are you serious? Some of those guys are over 50 yrs old and probably have severe arthritis.

Actually, none of those guys are over 50 years old.   But even in their prime they sucked.    The current surrounding talent is the best the Bucs have ever had.    Too bad the current QB is mediocre.
: January 03, 2013, 01:23:28 PM JavaRay

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 03, 2013, 01:24:37 PM

If the guy listened to me, he'd have done that.

I don't think there's any doubt I'd be a better GM than him.

Why you waste your time on here then? Go be a NFL GM. I think that would be pretty cool.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Baller « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools