Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deutsche Buccaneers Fans? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 04, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »

Half my family is German or Swiss. They absolutely LOVE florida in general.

The nephews beg me to take them to bucs games when they are down. They like the logo and colors more than anything I think.

It makes it a tough day though. They all speak Swiss, but I can only converse in German or English. It,s not exactly the same and can get a little annoying.

There is no Swiss language; unless you are referring to a German dialect. If it is anything like the Bavarian one, I don't blame you.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 04, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »

Half my family is German or Swiss. They absolutely LOVE florida in general.

The nephews beg me to take them to bucs games when they are down. They like the logo and colors more than anything I think.

It makes it a tough day though. They all speak Swiss, but I can only converse in German or English. It,s not exactly the same and can get a little annoying.

There is no Swiss language; unless you are referring to a German dialect. If it is anything like the Bavarian one, I don't blame you.

Dude, you're arguing with a person who's family lives over there. There certainly IS a difference in German and swiss.

For an example you would understand.Swiss is to German, what Ebonics is to English. My mother was raised there and couldn't teach me German for my language credits in college even. It's another "sister language" from Germany, as is English. Same, but not really.

And for the record, go tell THEM they have no national language and see what they say... Even though it's a mix of french, German, and Italian (with a sprinkle of Romanian), it's been around about a hundred years or more, so I think it can indeed be considered its own language. Same with the aforementioned Ebonics I suppose. Not recognized as a language officially, but it is. Maybe the "Pluto is not a planet" scientist has the power to change that on the wiki pages out there?

Seriously, I drive around my family speaking broken German, Swiss, and english. From my account, it's most deffinately its own language.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GermanBucsFan

Second String
« #17 : January 04, 2013, 05:07:18 PM »

i believe what benchwarmer said. Swiss-german is a little bit hard to understand when it´s spoken. When they try to speak clear, a german like me will understand. So i think it is much fun for you to speak a mix out of german swiss and english and everyone knows the meaning.
I am going to save money for my trip to FL this year. Target #1, the first season game in Tampa. If i am lucky i can get my wife to an additional trip to FL during the christmas days. Maybe i can see another game in Ray Jay.
Happy new year.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 04, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #19 : January 04, 2013, 05:26:04 PM »

I didn't even realize Adolph was a big fan of the Buccaneers. He's really taking their losing hard.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : January 05, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »

Dies ist an alle gerichtet, die diesem Text lesen können :)

wir versuche eine kleine Communitie an Bucs Fans zu etablieren.

Falls ihr bock habt auf eine Deutsche Buccaneers Seite (erstmal auf Facebook) klickt einfach "gefällt mir" auf
http://www.facebook.com/DeutscheBucs

mfg
sloppyjoe

only 19 likes?
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deutsche Buccaneers Fans? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools