Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS LIKELY TO RELEASE WRIGHT PRIOR TO SPRING OTAs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 03, 2013, 08:02:00 PM

Just "Black and Clayton"?

Not Derrick Ward?
Not Jeremy Trueblood?
Not for vastly overpaying for Davin Joseph?
Not for extending Tanard Jackson?
etc...

The Wright signing is not just a wash that goes along with being a GM....it's typical Dominik in FA. The Nicks and Jackson signings are the exceptions, not the other way around.

derrick ward averaged 5.6 ypc the year before he was a Buc and 6.3 ypc the year after.  trueblood was certainly overpaid, but i think most would agree that continuity and familiarity with the OL is valued.  davin joseph is certainly overpaid imo, but thats todays NFL.  tanard extended?  not sure why that was awful...he wasnt given a max deal was he?

You seriously gonna try and sell that the Ward signing wasn't a bad one?
So he gets a pass for Davin and TB?
Tanard was a turd and should not have been brought back.

Now let's hear what excuses you can generate for the Black, Clayton, and Wright signings.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 03, 2013, 08:31:42 PM

So he gets a pass for Davin and TB?
Tanard was a turd and should not have been brought back.

Now let's hear what excuses you can generate for the Black, Clayton, and Wright signings.

i dont think every signing has to be the best ever, or the worst ever.  some can be in the middle.   most of these signings didnt pan out, i wont argue that. 

no one cares, but i believe that dominik listens to whom his coaches want and goes out and makes sure he gets them.   sounds good to give your coaches the players they want, but there certainly needs to be some checks and balances in place.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 03, 2013, 08:56:33 PM

Just "Black and Clayton"?

Not Derrick Ward?
Not Jeremy Trueblood?
Not for vastly overpaying for Davin Joseph?
Not for extending Tanard Jackson?
etc...

The Wright signing is not just a wash that goes along with being a GM....it's typical Dominik in FA. The Nicks and Jackson signings are the exceptions, not the other way around.

derrick ward averaged 5.6 ypc the year before he was a Buc and 6.3 ypc the year after.  trueblood was certainly overpaid, but i think most would agree that continuity and familiarity with the OL is valued.  davin joseph is certainly overpaid imo, but thats todays NFL.  tanard extended?  not sure why that was awful...he wasnt given a max deal was he?

Looking back on it, yeah he obviously sucked.  But at the time, there was logic to signing the best available FA running back after Carnell Williams had his second knee injury in 2008.

There is no defense for Dominik's logic in re-signing Joseph and Black to the contracts he did, and re-signing Trueblood and Jackson at all.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS LIKELY TO RELEASE WRIGHT PRIOR TO SPRING OTAs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools