Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SENIOR BOWL PREVIEW AND BUCS DRAFT PROSPECTS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 04, 2013, 10:59:57 AM

I'll say this about Manuel, while he does seem to share some of Freeman's weaknesses, I'd trade Freeman straight up for Manuel any day of the week. To me, Manuel is Freeman of 2010 right now. He might end up sucking like Freeman in the long run, or he might actually get better with time. Either way he'd be an upgrade for 2013 and there is that unknown to be excited about. With Freeman there is no unknown. It is what it is. We know we have a wildly inconsistent guy that doesn't live up to his potential....and for most people that isn't very exciting.

If I knew Manuel would be there in the 2nd round, I'd trade Freeman to the Chiefs ASAP for their 2nd round pick and then draft Manuel.
: January 04, 2013, 11:01:32 AM JDouble

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 04, 2013, 11:11:21 AM

Manuel will most likely be gone in the late 2nd early 3rd. he will crush the combine and and the interviews. i just dont see any way that he would be there for us to select unless we actively target him.

i dont know if id compare him to josh though. his deep ball isnt quite as good as freeman's but his intermediate throws are much much better. he is inconsistent at times but not on the same level as josh in that area. hes a better athlete and would allow us to make use of the read option and true option play if the coaches wanted that and would add another page or two to the playbook. his main weakness is he doesnt read defenses that well and makes some thorws that leave you scratching your head at times. if josh is inconsistent 30% of the time, EJ is inconsistent 20% of the time so thats a plus i suppose.

i would take manuel over josh anyday normally but not right now. as it stands josh is an NFL vet and manuel would be a rookie and im not willing to hit the reset button at this point. EJ is a natural leader and is respected by everyone on FSU's team. his work ethic is exemplary and hes a fiery competitor. you also dont have to question his off the field life and choices, i bring this up because people always question freeman's work ethic and rumored party life. he would be a great face of a franchise and leads by example. watch an interview with him and you will come away impressed.. he is very well spoken, polite, and sincere when he talks to the public. he isnt brash or boastful and is very complimentary of other teams and players and willingly takes blame for and owns up to it when he makes mistakes. i am very proud to say he represented FSU and love the kid to death for being such a great person and player. you can tell his parents raised him right.

i think EJ will have a good areer if he can go somewhere with a good qb coach and a solid staff and sit for a year or two and be groomed for the starting job. i think hes physically ready to be an NFL starter but i dont know if he has the level of preparation from a decision making standpoint.
: January 04, 2013, 11:15:08 AM dexmonkey

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 04, 2013, 11:16:24 AM

EJ Manuel will never put up the numbers Josh Freeman has in the NFL.  He sucks.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 04, 2013, 11:20:29 AM

lol great analysis from a rival fan.  you should be an NFL GM with that higher level thinking and analysis

theres no way you can make that statement and know it would be true. nobody thought tom brady would be anything special. hell i thought the josh freeman pick was the worst id ever seen based on his numbers in college. i never once imagined hed throw for 4000 yards.

do i think hes going to be tom brady? probably not. do i think we should draft him? no. will he have a good career if picked by a solid team with a good offensive gameplan? quite possibly

there are no abolutes in the world of the NFL. ballyhooed prospects fail all the time and nobodies come out of nowhere and go to the hall of fame. saying that he will never put up freeman numbers and that he sucks makes you sound like a complete moron

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 04, 2013, 11:56:36 AM

if josh is inconsistent 30% of the time, EJ is inconsistent 20% of the time so thats a plus i suppose.

Josh is inconsistent 100% of the time. The only thing he is consistent at, is being inconsistent. Even in his best games he has a few WTF moments....or entire WTF quarters.

Also, Manuel doesn't sound like a monotone sloth robot in interviews.
: January 04, 2013, 11:58:44 AM JDouble

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 04, 2013, 12:54:45 PM

lol great analysis from a rival fan.  you should be an NFL GM with that higher level thinking and analysis

theres no way you can make that statement and know it would be true. nobody thought tom brady would be anything special. hell i thought the josh freeman pick was the worst id ever seen based on his numbers in college. i never once imagined hed throw for 4000 yards.

do i think hes going to be tom brady? probably not. do i think we should draft him? no. will he have a good career if picked by a solid team with a good offensive gameplan? quite possibly

there are no abolutes in the world of the NFL. ballyhooed prospects fail all the time and nobodies come out of nowhere and go to the hall of fame. saying that he will never put up freeman numbers and that he sucks makes you sound like a complete moron

I've watched Manuel enough to know he doesn't have the cojones to be an NFL QB.  I stand by the statement, and it has zero to do with him being a Seminole player.  Did you not see my comments on Pryor, Werner, Jenkins, etc. in your other thread?

Feel free to bookmark this thread to throw it my face when Manuel does outperform Freeman.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 04, 2013, 12:56:19 PM

I'll say this about Manuel, while he does seem to share some of Freeman's weaknesses, I'd trade Freeman straight up for Manuel any day of the week. To me, Manuel is Freeman of 2010 right now. He might end up sucking like Freeman in the long run, or he might actually get better with time. Either way he'd be an upgrade for 2013 and there is that unknown to be excited about. With Freeman there is no unknown. It is what it is. We know we have a wildly inconsistent guy that doesn't live up to his potential....and for most people that isn't very exciting.

If I knew Manuel would be there in the 2nd round, I'd trade Freeman to the Chiefs ASAP for their 2nd round pick and then draft Manuel.

Really Jdoub? I knew you lost all faith or hope in Freeman but really? I dont see it with Manuel. Id rather have Freeman for now.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 04, 2013, 02:18:26 PM

I've watched Manuel enough to know he doesn't have the cojones to be an NFL QB.  I stand by the statement, and it has zero to do with him being a Seminole player.  Did you not see my comments on Pryor, Werner, Jenkins, etc. in your other thread?

Feel free to bookmark this thread to throw it my face when Manuel does outperform Freeman.

i am more irritated by the way you speak in absolutes. my point is that theres no way to know what a guy is capable of once they get to the NFL. i personally think EJ is better than hes shown. i think Jimbo was in his head and he was scared of making mistakes, similar to freeman earlier on. whenever FSU went into a hurry up or a 2 minute manuel played great, whenever we slowed it down and jimbo started calling things was when he made mistakes.

i dont think manuel is ready to play now in any way. but i also think hes got it in him to be a decent NFL qb. hes got the physical attributes and the intangibles, just needs the polish which is what coaches are for. i could be wrong, but i could be right. i guess we are going to see

i dont think theres a single QB in this draft that id want starting day 1. Luck and griffen were the only qbs id have started day 1 last year. the others needed to sit. russell wilson overachieved and tannehill looked like a rookie alot during the year

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 04, 2013, 02:53:55 PM

Really Jdoub? I knew you lost all faith or hope in Freeman but really? I dont see it with Manuel. Id rather have Freeman for now.

Yes really. If we could get a 2nd round pick for Freeman and then use that pick to get Manuel or Cousins....I'd do it. I've seen enough. Lost all hope in Free....but I'll stop there cause I'm trying to stay out of the nonstop Freeman argument.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 04, 2013, 03:12:03 PM

I just dont see anybody who can replace him. I feel like fans expectations for what they want out of their QB is unrealistic. Either you get a elite guy like a Brady, Rodgers, or Manning or you get a guy whos gonna have his issues. If you get a guy with issues its non stop with the fans that they need to replace him. My response is the same who the hell can they get right now? At least your giving suggestions.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 04, 2013, 03:32:04 PM

I just dont see anybody who can replace him. I feel like fans expectations for what they want out of their QB is unrealistic. Either you get a elite guy like a Brady, Rodgers, or Manning or you get a guy whos gonna have his issues. If you get a guy with issues its non stop with the fans that they need to replace him. My response is the same who the hell can they get right now? At least your giving suggestions.

Suggestions have been given by plenty. The suggestions just are not well received because there is no immediate upgrade available.

For me personally, I don't see us ever winning a championship or even winning a playoff game with Freeman. So the thought of bringing in a new QB to start, even though they might have less experience than Freeman, doesn't bother me that much. It's highly doubtful that Freeman will not start next year, and pretty much everyone has accepted that and most hope he is successful, but if a guy like Mallett, Cousins, or any of the 2nd/3rd rounds QB prospects are brought in...that would at least give us something to work with if Freeman needs to be let go after next season.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 04, 2013, 03:42:55 PM

I haven't watched as much college football as most, but I think Manuel looks like a terrible pro prospect. I don't think he has any chance to be a good NFL QB.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 04, 2013, 03:49:34 PM

Such absolutes should not be spoken about prospects from FSU.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 04, 2013, 03:56:48 PM

absolutes shouldnt be spoken about anyone.  except maybe blaine gabbert.......everyone knew he was gonna suck

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 04, 2013, 03:57:23 PM

Suggestions have been given by plenty. The suggestions just are not well received because there is no immediate upgrade available.

For me personally, I don't see us ever winning a championship or even winning a playoff game with Freeman. So the thought of bringing in a new QB to start, even though they might have less experience than Freeman, doesn't bother me that much. It's highly doubtful that Freeman will not start next year, and pretty much everyone has accepted that and most hope he is successful, but if a guy like Mallett, Cousins, or any of the 2nd/3rd rounds QB prospects are brought in...that would at least give us something to work with if Freeman needs to be let go after next season.

I hope they figure out something. I agree Freeman has given fans little reason to believe. I do think its premature to "move on". But you guys are likely right, he is what he is. I just understand the challenge to get better than that. I dont want to not try to get better I just understand its just not that easy. The next guy is about as likely as to be as succesful as Freeman has. I mean I know our QB history has sucked but it took somebody this long to beat those records? Has to say something about keeping the 24 year old QB around for now.
: January 04, 2013, 04:02:39 PM BucBalla85
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SENIOR BOWL PREVIEW AND BUCS DRAFT PROSPECTS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools