Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SENIOR BOWL PREVIEW AND BUCS DRAFT PROSPECTS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: January 03, 2013, 11:42:20 AM

Who is going to the Senior Bowl? Who could be late-round draft steals? What wide receiver could the Bucs select on day two? Pewter Reports resident draft analyst Eric Dellaratta breaks it all down in this Pewter Report feature.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8686

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 03, 2013, 04:20:25 PM

And some apparently coming out early from FSU.  http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8809922/bjoern-werner-florida-state-seminoles-enter-nfl-draft-according-source

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 03, 2013, 04:45:07 PM

Pimping my boy Dennis Johnson!

Shhhhh....we need him to stay under the radar!  :P

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 03, 2013, 04:53:02 PM

Zac Stacy my late round steal nice to see him get some recognition

I'm interested on how CB's like Trufant or Poyer do or pass rusher like Ansah.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 03, 2013, 06:04:14 PM

I had him as one of my 4th rounders in the mock draft thread, but changed it last second. I would be cool with drafting him, especially since he also brings the KR aspect.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 03, 2013, 06:17:06 PM

I had him as one of my 4th rounders in the mock draft thread, but changed it last second. I would be cool with drafting him, especially since he also brings the KR aspect.

He reminds me of a less extraordinary MJD. He's quick, cuts on a dime, runs hard as hell, and his feet move ridiculously fast. He doesn't have elite top end speed, but I think he'd be one hell of a #2 to tandem with Martin.

Montee Ball is my favorite RB this year. He is currently ranked as the 4th best RB on most sites, which would mean he might make it to the late 2nd early 3rd....but I'm betting he ends up going pretty early despite his current ranking. So it's very unlikely he'll be an option. Even if he did somehow make it to the 3rd, I doubt we'd take a RB that early. Dennis Johnson has low miles though and is very well rounded. I'm hoping his stock doesn't shoot up. He'd make a great consolation prize in the 4th round.

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#6 : January 03, 2013, 06:39:32 PM

He's a good player. He might not stay under the radar very long. His tape speaks for itself.

Follow me on Twitter @EricDellaratta

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 03, 2013, 10:48:50 PM

I like everything about the article with the exception of the Tiquan Underwood and solid job comment. That is a position that absolutely must be upgraded.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

watson

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 04, 2013, 12:26:04 AM

Anyone interested in EJ Manuel as a backup to Freeman?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#9 : January 04, 2013, 02:10:39 AM

I like everything about the article with the exception of the Tiquan Underwood and solid job comment. That is a position that absolutely must be upgraded.

I wish I could take that back. I worded that poorly. I think he is a below average reserve receiver. He should be no more than a number four receiver in the NFL. I agree that the Buccaneers need a legit slot receiver.

Follow me on Twitter @EricDellaratta

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 04, 2013, 08:03:42 AM

I was, but the more I've watched of him the more I feel like he is Freeman 2.0

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 04, 2013, 08:06:25 AM

I wish I could take that back. I worded that poorly. I think he is a below average reserve receiver. He should be no more than a number four receiver in the NFL. I agree that the Buccaneers need a legit slot receiver.

Like Stedman Bailey in the 3rd?  :D

watson

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 04, 2013, 09:37:18 AM

I was, but the more I've watched of him the more I feel like he is Freeman 2.0
He does have a similar physique......but he appears to be a little more athletic/nimble and he looks like he does not have as much trouble with the intermediate and shorter route throws.  But I agree the JF 2.0 is a fair comparison.  That being said, if he could be had for a mid/late round draft choice, I would do it......but nothing before round 4 and I don't think he will be there at that time.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 04, 2013, 10:36:11 AM

I agree in round four, I'd even take him in round three...but I don't think there is any chance of him falling that far.

With the comparison to Freeman, Freeman was just as mobile when he came out. They both throw a nice deep ball, Manuels is actually better. His deep balls are spot on. However, he is inconsistent in the short to medium throws just like Free and the big knock on him is that he can't pick up a complex offense.....which is just like Free. I rarely see him go through his progressions. He usually stares his #1 read down and then runs if he's not open. I'd just hate to bring in a guy that has all the same weaknesses as Freeman.

Manuel does appear to be a more natural leader though. And while his short to intermediate accuracy is inconstant, it isn't as wildly erratic as Freeman.

All in all he's my favorite QB prospect this year, but I think he'll go to high for us to consider unless we traded away Freeman....which I know isn't going to happen. :(
: January 04, 2013, 10:45:43 AM JDouble

watson

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 04, 2013, 10:46:06 AM

I agree in round four, I'd even take him in round three...but I don't think there is any chance of him falling that far.

With the comparison to Freeman, Freeman was just as mobile when he came out. They both throw a nice deep ball, Manuels is actually better. His deep balls are spot on. However, he is inconsistent in the short to medium throws just like Free and the big knock on him is that he can't pick up a complex offense.....which is just like Free. I rarely see him go through his progressions. He usually stares his #1 read down and then runs if he's not open. I'd just hate to bring in a guy that has all the same weaknesses as Freeman.

Manuel does appear to be a more natural leader though. And while his short to intermediate accuracy is inconstant, it isn't as wildly erratic as Freeman.
Good points.....

Truths:
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SENIOR BOWL PREVIEW AND BUCS DRAFT PROSPECTS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools