Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reid Close to Deal with KC « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: January 03, 2013, 03:22:09 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs are on the verge of a deal to make Andy Reid their next head coach, according to league sources.

As the two sides continue to negotiate details of organizational structure, salary and coaching budgets, league sources said the nine hours of meetings Wednesday were necessary for Reid to meet with various key members of the organization including general manager Scott Pioli and Ted Crews, the vice president of communications for the AFC West franchise.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8809040/andy-reid-verge-agreement-kansas-city-chiefs-sources

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 03, 2013, 03:23:58 PM

Kind of surprising.  He canceled his trip to Arizona.  Maybe they intend on drafting Barkely or bringing Vick in.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 03, 2013, 03:32:24 PM

His wife's family lives in Arizona. That could be the reason he decided on KC.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 03, 2013, 03:37:34 PM

His wife's family lives in Arizona. That could be the reason he decided on KC.

LOL.

I could see Alex Smith being a good acquisition for Reid. I think Smith would fit well in Reid's offense and give them flexibility with that first pick.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#4 : January 03, 2013, 11:03:15 PM

I honestly thought he would take San Diego, they have a better OL and QB.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 03, 2013, 11:32:33 PM

Rivers is done he didn't have the strongest arm and was more of a accurate QB. He is old and what made him good is now his weakness.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#6 : January 04, 2013, 12:09:18 AM

Rivers is done he didn't have the strongest arm and was more of a accurate QB. He is old and what made him good is now his weakness.

Whats interesting about that arguement is that most here would take Rivers over Freeman despite Rivers' flaws.

But I suppose that it helps because KC does have the #1 pick in 2013.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 04, 2013, 12:33:44 AM

No thanks on Andy Reid-- 14 years and NO BREAK between HC jobs.

If I was KC, i would rather have Bruce Ariens. Their loss...

P.S.: John Clayton says Reid can bring in his own personnel guy-- which means--- i guess--- Scott Pioli is gone very soon!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 04, 2013, 09:17:25 AM

I agree with MC.....Reid should take some time off and get his life in order, mainly his health. Dude just looks bad.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 04, 2013, 09:19:41 AM

*crosses off Charles on his fantasy list*

graypilgrim

Starter

#10 : January 04, 2013, 09:57:33 AM

Whats interesting about that argument is that most here would take Rivers over Freeman despite Rivers' flaws.

But I suppose that it helps because KC does have the #1 pick in 2013.
Those who make that argument are NOT a HC nor will they ever be. Just gut based opinions.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 04, 2013, 10:43:49 AM

there goes my freeman trade to KC. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : January 04, 2013, 01:21:16 PM

13-yr old Andy Reid in the Punt, Pass, Kick contest.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#13 : January 04, 2013, 01:44:53 PM

Ed Werder makes cruel joke about Andy Reid's weight

"Chiefs owner Clark Hunt and his delegation that includes GM Scott Pioli has actually left Philadelphia and return to Kansas City without Andy Reid in tow. Now I don't know if that's because Andy Reid might put the plane over its weight limit, but there's no apparent breakdown in the deal. The expectation still is that Andy Reid is going to be the next head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.".......ESPN Ed Werder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AamFgsoaYgI
: January 04, 2013, 01:47:00 PM Morgan

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 04, 2013, 02:14:40 PM

there goes my freeman trade to KC.

I've thought about this as well seeing as how Freeman is a Kansas City kid, played at Kansas State and the Chiefs have an obvious need at QB....but what do you think they'd give us? In all honesty we could probably trade Freeman and #13 to the Chiefs for the #1 pick, but then what? Pick Geno Smith who isn't a sure thing in an NFL offense? Like most people have said...this isn't a great draft for quarterbacks and there isn't much available on the open market.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reid Close to Deal with KC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools