Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Turner To FIU « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« : January 03, 2013, 10:45:47 PM »

Interesting that both the team's QB and WR coaches were hired as NCAA head coaches.

TSKAD72

Starter
« #1 : January 03, 2013, 10:47:16 PM »

From ESPN's Brett McMuphy:

"Tampa Bay Bucs QB coach & former Illinois coach Ron Turner will be named FIU's coach, sources told @ESPN"

Link: https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/287039437018390528

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #2 : January 03, 2013, 10:49:26 PM »

McNulty's a possibility for both jobs.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 03, 2013, 11:14:54 PM »

Curious to see who the team brings in with this being a very important year for both the Bucs and Josh Freeman at the QB position.

Turn the page.

MagicMike

Starter

« #4 : January 03, 2013, 11:18:17 PM »

What happened to Mario Cristobal?  He was a highly regarded HC.  I think he had ties to Schiano at UM years ago.  Cristobal would be a good QB coach. 

gone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 03, 2013, 11:58:08 PM »

Curious to see who the team brings in with this being a very important year for both the Bucs and Josh Freeman at the QB position.

Well at least now we know where the blame gun will be pointed if Josh struggles again next year....

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 04, 2013, 12:55:08 AM »

Well at least now we know where the blame gun will be pointed if Josh struggles again next year....

After an ugly Steelers win, I heard Coach Tomlin state that "Excuses are tools of the incompetent."
Ever since, I've carried that quote with me and have applied it to many situations.
2013 is a big year for the franchise.  Significantly improved play would remove the temptation to lean on excuses.
I believe that there's a lot of potential on this team but if the Bucs don't reach the playoffs next year it will be time for serious re-evaluation in several areas.

Turn the page.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 04, 2013, 12:59:10 AM »

Solution?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Sim

Starter

« #8 : January 04, 2013, 01:08:20 AM »

Now let's hope Sullivan gets the Chicago job so Norv Turner can become our new OC.

Not an ideal situation for Freeman, having to learn a new offense and all, but I think Norv could really work with him.

« : January 04, 2013, 01:10:20 AM Sim »

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 04, 2013, 02:10:54 AM »

John McNulty is a candidate for both the vacant receivers and quarterback job's, but he was Schiano's first choice as offensive coordinator last year, if Sullivan gets the Bears job he could be the new offensive coordinator. However, I don't think Sullivan gets the Bears job and will be back in 2013. One coach I would like to see the team bring in to interview for QB coach is George Cortez - he aided in the development of Aaron Rodgers and Kyle Boller, at California Berkley from 2002-2005 helping both players become first round picks. His first year as a quarterbacks coach in the NFL in 2010, Cortez helped veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick produce his best season in the NFL. From 1998-2001, he helped develop quarterbacks Jeff Garcia and Dave D.i.c.kenson in the Calgary offense; In 1998, with Garcia Calgary’s offense led the CFL in 10 statistical categories; In 2000, D.i.c.kenson was named the CFL’s Most Outstanding Player and Calgary’s offense ranked first or second in the CFL in seven categories. This past season he served as Head Coach / Offensive Coordinator for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football league. The Tiger Cats produced the highest-scoring offense in the CFL in 2012. He was let go after just one season. Due in larger part because of the defense the Tiger Cats finished the season 6-12.  The Tiger Cats have shown the door in unceremonious fashion to a lot of coaches, since 2003 they have fired 6 head coaches and Cortez has gone the way of so many of his predecessors. His ability to develop quarterbacks at all levels from college, CFL and the NFL could be a welcomed addition.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 04, 2013, 07:51:57 AM »

Now let's hope Sullivan gets the Chicago job so Norv Turner can become our new OC.

Not an ideal situation for Freeman, having to learn a new offense and all, but I think Norv could really work with him.

Hoping we'd have to change offensive schemes AGAIN this offseason is a pretty ignorant wish , IMO. That's the last thing Freeman needs.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #11 : January 04, 2013, 09:34:05 AM »

Juice Williams.

Sim

Starter

« #12 : January 04, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »

Hoping we'd have to change offensive schemes AGAIN this offseason is a pretty ignorant wish , IMO. That's the last thing Freeman needs.

What Freeman needs is a coach that will help him maximize his potential as a QB.

Changing offensive schemes wouldn't be ideal but it's a secondary concern at this point. Getting him good coaching is the priority.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #13 : January 04, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »

Marc Trestman for QB coach?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 05, 2013, 08:15:13 AM »

What Freeman needs is a coach that will help him maximize his potential as a QB.

Changing offensive schemes wouldn't be ideal but it's a secondary concern at this point. Getting him good coaching is the priority.

I don't agree with that at all.  I'd like to see what he can do with a 2nd year in the same offense.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Turner To FIU « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools