Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker hoping for bigger things in Bucs' offense « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 04, 2013, 12:00:12 AM

JANUARY 03, 2013

Tight end Luke Stocker hoping for bigger things in Bucs' offense

DANIEL WALLACE | Times]
Luke Stocker, who had 16 catches for 165 yards this season, said he's seen development in his game, both as a blocker (his strength) and as a receiver.

Lost in the fallout from the end of the Bucs season was a notable performance in the season finale from tight end Luke Stocker.

The numbers werent huge he had three catches for 50 yards although he had season highs in the game. But more than that, Stocker, he hopes, demonstrated that he can be a multi-dimensional tight end who the coaching staff can rely on. He even showed some athleticism, leaping a defender in the open field for additional yardage. With Dallas Clark very much undecided about his future, and with the Bucs lack of depth at tight end, Stocker recognizes a potential opportunity.

But has he earned it?

I hope (the performance) generates a little something for the future, said Stocker, who had a key 26-yard gain among his catches. It felt good to catch some balls and move the chains.

I really hope the organization can hopefully see me as the guy. Throughout the year, even the reps I got in practice though I dont get that many in the game those reps I get, I wanted to show them enough to give me a shot.

The Bucs had high hopes for Stocker, which is why they traded up to the top of the fourth round in 2011 to draft. Injuries have frequently set him back, as did a handful of drops this season.

But Stocker, who had 16 catches for 165 yards this season, said hes seen development in his game, both as a blocker (his strength) and as a receiver.

My fundamentals are like day and night now, Stocker said. Im a big enough guy that I can kind of get away sometimes with not taking the right steps and not (getting) low enough, but when I take the right steps and have my pad level where it needs to be, I can be a very effective blocker. Hopefully I can build on that in the passing game and become more of an every-down guy and not just a first and second-down guy.

Tight end is a position to watch this offseason. The Bucs didn't get a ton of production from the position this year, but it's hard to decipher whether that's because of Clark's and Stocker's role in the offense or if it's related to performance.

Either way, the team will address the position before next season. How much the Bucs invest in the position will be a tip off to how it feels about Stocker.

Posted by Stephen Holder at 9:58:02 am on January 03, 2013

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 04, 2013, 02:10:07 AM

Let Dallas go.

Keep Stocker.

Sign Martelious

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 04, 2013, 05:49:33 AM

Let Dallas go.

Keep Stocker.

Sign Martelious
Martellus.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : January 04, 2013, 05:56:51 AM

Aren't we all? We've been reading/hearing about Stocker's potential since day one.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 04, 2013, 07:44:54 AM

Aren't we all? We've been reading/hearing about Stocker's potential since day one.

+1

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 04, 2013, 07:55:44 AM

Let Dallas go.

Keep Stocker.

Sign Martelious

I think that's the idea. I think we really wanted to kick the tires on Stocker and see what he could do when he was the #1 TE. I do like Clark but he really can't block very well at this point so when he does play TE it's a giveaway that we probably aren't running the ball. He's good in the slot but I'd rather than a 185lbs quick Wes Welker type. Glad we had this year but I hope we can get a real slot receiver to take over next year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stocker hoping for bigger things in Bucs' offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools