Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Carr as competition for Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 04, 2013, 08:50:34 PM

I believe that the correct motivation for Freeman to get his act together is not to give him a new contract and then a francise tag until he gets his act together.  If there was someone around to coach him at the AB position add that person.  Otherwise, we don't need no stinking QB competition in TB.  That didn't work out too well the last time round.  In fact, it was a fiasco.....We had so many loser QBs it wasn't funny.

Jets fans agree.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 04, 2013, 08:51:19 PM

I think that if you have a QB competition, you have to trade away the loser. You can't just keep them on the roster.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 04, 2013, 08:55:50 PM

I think that if you have a QB competition, you have to trade away the loser. You can't just keep them on the roster.

What if no team wants him, like Tebow for instance.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 04, 2013, 09:42:19 PM

Really? No team would want a 25 year old that just threw for 4000 yards and 27 TDs? Doubtful.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 04, 2013, 09:55:10 PM

Really? No team would want a 25 year old that just threw for 4000 yards and 27 TDs? Doubtful.

I was reffering to the Jets situation, not Freeman.  They will have a tough time unloading any of those guys.

Tebow......sucks
Sanchez....huge contract
McElroy....hasn't shown much.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

gone

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 04, 2013, 10:16:34 PM

I believe that the correct motivation for Freeman to get his act together is not to give him a new contract and then a francise tag until he gets his act together.

So you're willing to keep him through next year and 2 tag years in the hope he "Gets his act together"?  Wow.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 05, 2013, 03:44:24 AM

I believe that the correct motivation for Freeman to get his act together is not to give him a new contract and then a francise tag until he gets his act together.

So you're willing to keep him through next year and 2 tag years in the hope he "Gets his act together"?  Wow.

I don't know if they go that far with him.  But I think they give him every possible snap going forward.  They will want to be 100% sure he is a bust before pulling the trigger on him.  The worst case scenario is they cut bait with him, and he goes somewhere and turns into Peyton Manning.  I think they want to be totally sure he is not the guy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 05, 2013, 10:22:53 AM

Jacksonville is poised to prove you wrong.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 05, 2013, 10:39:24 AM

Physically, Tebow would be an interesting project as an option HB, or a backup RB to Doug Martin. Assuming he has decent skills for it in the NFL.
     As an NFL QB, I don't see it... John Fox is an excellent football coach, and got all he could out of Tebow. W/O their D, it wouldn't have made the team as successful, as Tebow is very limited as a passer...

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 05, 2013, 10:41:54 AM

If Jax redoes their offense for Tebow, I would take a page from the success of Johnny Football.  A huge part of his success is that when he is going to run, a huge phalanx of olinemen quickly gather around him to provide a convoy of blockers.  At first I thought it was just luck these guys showed up to block, but after awhile I saw that it was a plan.  I don't know if Manzeil can play in the NFL because he is very small from what I can see.  But I can see the success of A & M is their entire system of hurry up to the line of scrimmage for the next play, the pre mentioned blocking scheme and the athleticism of Manseil.(sp?) especially his quick release, his quick decisions in general and his amazing elusiveness.  All geared to heighten the QBs unique skill set.  A whole lot of fun to watch too.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 05, 2013, 10:41:59 AM

I seriously doubt Schiano has that kind of patience. I think last year was Josh's "prove to me you're the unquestioned leader" season for Schiano, and in my eyes Josh did NOT...

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 05, 2013, 10:46:52 AM

If Jax redoes their offense for Tebow, I would take a page from the success of Johnny Football.  A huge part of his success is that when he is going to run, a huge phalanx of olinemen quickly gather around him to provide a convoy of blockers.  At first I thought it was just luck these guys showed up to block, but after awhile I saw that it was a plan.  I don't know if Manzeil can play in the NFL because he is very small from what I can see.  But I can see the success of A & M is their entire system of hurry up to the line of scrimmage for the next play, the pre mentioned blocking scheme and the athleticism of Manseil.(sp?) especially his quick release, his quick decisions in general and his amazing elusiveness.  All geared to heighten the QBs unique skill set.  A whole lot of fun to watch too.
   Wanted to see that game, but didn't.
   He's listed as 6'1", which is 2 inches taller than Seattle's phenom Russell Wilson. Not sure how the A & M offensewould work against NFL defenses, but he's obviously right now at least a hot project!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Carr as competition for Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools