Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keepers, Creepers and flatliners « previous next »
Page: 1 2

acacius

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 04, 2013, 05:12:02 PM

I'm not sure where I'd put Freeman, personally.  He was less of a flatliner than he was a cardiac fibrillation.

audioboy

Rookie

#16 : January 04, 2013, 06:41:40 PM

I know he was up and down and frustrating as heck, but franchise highs in yards and TD's wasn't what I expected coming off last season.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 04, 2013, 06:45:10 PM

I have faith he will objectively critique everything and everyone from top to bottom, then work closely with Dom to spend as much of that $55 million available to bring in the next Jackson/Nicks/David/Barron/Martin.

I pretty much agree with everything except the hope the he brings in the next "Barron"

Barron was not a successful pick. That #7 selection represents a waste of a premium top ten draft pick. Something that I hope they don't do again. Barron will probably turn out to be solid, but a solid SS is something you find in the 3rd round. Not at #7 overall.

To me, if we had another Barron-type pick, we would be spending #13 on a FS like Reid or Vaccaro, when a guy like Jefferson or McDonald can be had in the 2nd/3rd rds and the difference of talent between the two sets of players is barely measurable.

Good point on Barron. My rebuttle would only be that it took Lynch 3 years to get solid as both an assassin and cover guy. You are right this year for as high as he was picked, he should have spalshed more and intercepted more. I do however think that he andd others helped the defense to go from #32 in run defense to #1 against the run in one year, first time in NFL history. Let's hope barron takes two years and not more to become deserving of that high pick.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 04, 2013, 07:34:28 PM

I have faith he will objectively critique everything and everyone from top to bottom, then work closely with Dom to spend as much of that $55 million available to bring in the next Jackson/Nicks/David/Barron/Martin.

I pretty much agree with everything except the hope the he brings in the next "Barron"

Barron was not a successful pick. That #7 selection represents a waste of a premium top ten draft pick. Something that I hope they don't do again. Barron will probably turn out to be solid, but a solid SS is something you find in the 3rd round. Not at #7 overall.

To me, if we had another Barron-type pick, we would be spending #13 on a FS like Reid or Vaccaro, when a guy like Jefferson or McDonald can be had in the 2nd/3rd rds and the difference of talent between the two sets of players is barely measurable.

Good point on Barron. My rebuttle would only be that it took Lynch 3 years to get solid as both an assassin and cover guy. You are right this year for as high as he was picked, he should have spalshed more and intercepted more. I do however think that he andd others helped the defense to go from #32 in run defense to #1 against the run in one year, first time in NFL history. Let's hope barron takes two years and not more to become deserving of that high pick.

Even if he does turn out to be solid soon(which I posted would probably happen), my point is that taking him at #7 was a utter waste.

On the point of going from #32 to #1. I personally feel that Barron had very little to do with that. Very little. The front 7 played great against the run, the scheme was also gear toward stopping the run, and also teams chose to attack the Bucs pass D more often than they did the run D, which was favorable to the #1 run ranking. I think that if we had not drafted Barron and had taken a different FS in later rounds, that we still would have had the #1 run D. Which I will admit, means absolutely nothing to me.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 04, 2013, 08:05:47 PM

Even if he does turn out to be solid soon(which I posted would probably happen), my point is that taking him at #7 was a utter waste.

On the point of going from #32 to #1. I personally feel that Barron had very little to do with that. Very little. The front 7 played great against the run, the scheme was also gear toward stopping the run, and also teams chose to attack the Bucs pass D more often than they did the run D, which was favorable to the #1 run ranking. I think that if we had not drafted Barron and had taken a different FS in later rounds, that we still would have had the #1 run D. Which I will admit, means absolutely nothing to me.

I just wonder, looking back, if we would of taken Claiborne or even Kuechly at #7, would we have still been able to pull off the Martin/David combo following it?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 04, 2013, 08:08:59 PM

There is already a thread chopped full of those "wonders".

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 04, 2013, 08:10:48 PM

I think Barron may yet earn that pick or at least make it close.  He's been a major disappointment but I think the issues may not be with him directly.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 04, 2013, 08:36:49 PM

There is already a thread chopped full of those "wonders".

Just like the gems known as, "Trade Freeman" and "Fire Schiano".....yet both subjects have a funny tendency to finding their way into every thread on this board.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keepers, Creepers and flatliners « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools