Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws Breaks Down + Ranks 2012 QBs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Madman

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 06, 2013, 08:19:51 PM

I'd say that's a fair ranking. Freeman was a big disappointment down the stretch, when it mattered.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#16 : January 06, 2013, 09:37:06 PM

Colin Kaepernick at 14...?!?!

I'm guessing this is basically a power rankings list indicating where their stock is at in this very moment, but there is no way in hell he's a better quarterback than Romo, Rivers, Newton, Freeman or Stafford. That's ridiculous. As for the rest of the list....Flacco and Schuab aren't better than RG3, Luck or Wilson. And probably not even better than Cutler and Romo. Brees should be ahead of Matt Ryan, and Eli should definitely be ahead of Big Ben.

If Freeman kept up his level of play when we had the top offense in the league for a month straight then he would be somewhere around 8 on that list. A lot did change in a short period of time.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : January 06, 2013, 09:37:20 PM

I'd say that's a fair ranking. Freeman was a big disappointment down the stretch, when it mattered.

He was part of an entire disappointment. He played a HUGE part in the let down of December...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 06, 2013, 11:24:49 PM

He was part of an entire disappointment. He played a HUGE part in the let down of December...

Yes, yes he did.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : January 06, 2013, 11:38:42 PM

Yes, yes he did.

Sure does feel like every other member of the team is getting a pass on this board though.

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 06, 2013, 11:45:43 PM

Yes, yes he did.

Sure does feel like every other member of the team is getting a pass on this board though.

I dunno about that, seems some people think Leonard Johnson and Biggers were running onto the field and batting down Josh's passes themselves...

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 07, 2013, 02:15:03 AM

If Freeman hasn't learned already. what makes you think he ever will? The guy simply just doesn't have the mental part down to play in the NFL. He stares down WRs, misses wide open players because of it. Its like Freeman locks onto one guy before the snap.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 07, 2013, 02:29:42 AM

If Freeman hasn't learned already. what makes you think he ever will? The guy simply just doesn't have the mental part down to play in the NFL. He stares down WRs, misses wide open players because of it. Its like Freeman locks onto one guy before the snap.

Much of this is due to Freeman being a slow processor of information.  I'm actually starting to think they may be some ways to help these issues if this is the case.  His other issues though...not so sure.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 07, 2013, 02:31:50 AM

Much of this is due to Freeman being a slow processor of information.  I'm actually starting to think they may be some ways to help these issues if this is the case.  His other issues though...not so sure.
Maybe the need to take away his ability to call the protections and let the center do it. Would be a lot less information for Freeman to take in before a play. Free seems like a good guy and hard worker, but I'm ready to move on.

gone

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 07, 2013, 03:03:29 AM

Maybe the need to take away his ability to call the protections and let the center do it. Would be a lot less information for Freeman to take in before a play. Free seems like a good guy and hard worker, but I'm ready to move on.

You need to minimize everything before the snap starting from verbiage in plays and then into protections and adjustments.  Discipline the team to get back into the huddle fast so he has more time.  Take everything out of his hands that can be taken out and leave him with maximum time to digest what he sees.  I don't think he's Chris Simms kind of "special" but you do need to simplify the things that require quick decisions from him.  You also need to balance his worsening case of Happy Feet against the need to force him to be more mobile to extend plays.  He is much better when he does that, it both gives him more time and seems to magnify his "good" instincts. 

Wesmon

Second String

#25 : January 07, 2013, 04:26:57 AM

Colin Kaepernick at 14...?!?!

I'm guessing this is basically a power rankings list indicating where their stock is at in this very moment, but there is no way in hell he's a better quarterback than Romo, Rivers, Newton, Freeman or Stafford. That's ridiculous. As for the rest of the list....Flacco and Schuab aren't better than RG3, Luck or Wilson. And probably not even better than Cutler and Romo. Brees should be ahead of Matt Ryan, and Eli should definitely be ahead of Big Ben.

If Freeman kept up his level of play when we had the top offense in the league for a month straight then he would be somewhere around 8 on that list. A lot did change in a short period of time.

Yeah, it is an idiotic list. Biggest problems for me are how high Matt Ryan  and Roethlisberger are rated.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 07, 2013, 07:33:26 AM

Bring in Luke McCown.

When I first read that I thought it said, "Send in the Clowns" lol :P

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 07, 2013, 07:40:50 AM

Yes, yes he did.

I dunno about that, seems some people think Leonard Johnson and Biggers were running onto the field and batting down Josh's passes themselves...

Lol. My thoughts exactly.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 07, 2013, 11:43:46 AM

Yes, yes he did.

Agree the Oline was a HUGE disappointment down the stretch as well and certainly contributed to Josh's woes. Running game fell off dramatically.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 07, 2013, 08:28:26 PM

Yes, yes he did.

Exactly right!! Everyone complains about the horrible scondary, but............Is Lavonte David a CB? Is he a bad player? Why, in this Rutgers scheme did David get burned for twice, maybe three times as many TD passes than anyone else on the team? Maybe we need to replace Lavonte David, too, and hold onto this college scheme???????? is this what these fans think?

People don't know what they are looking at. Like Mark Barron. Can you seriously say he is bad? WHY do we never double team WR's? We play a cover one, or cover two, instead of doubling down their best WR and making their scrubs beat us. IT IS THE SCHEME that sucks, period. PUT PLAYERS IN POSITION TO MAKE A PLAY.  If the defense does that, then you can evaluate the players correctly.

Ask yourself this question, How did we win the ATL game? And then ask what the rest of the season had been like if we had run that defense. IMO 10-6, or 11-5 and playoff bound, no doubt.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws Breaks Down + Ranks 2012 QBs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools