Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints sign Preston « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 05, 2013, 12:30:36 AM

Stephen Holder‏@HolderStephen

#Saints announce they've signed former #Bucs WR Preston Parker to a contract. Former slot WR was released from TB early this season.

Stephen Holder‏@HolderStephen

My take: He dropped some balls early on and Schiano wasn't going to put up with it. Right call or not, I don't know.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 05, 2013, 01:40:54 AM

I always liked Parker, we could of used a good slot guy this season.  Maybe he was not a Buccaneer man.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 05, 2013, 01:43:19 AM

He will come back to haunt us. Should have kept him around, the stiff we signed as a returner (can't even think of his name because he was so irrelevant) was a joke.

I could put up with a few muffs from Parker, but the lack of a return game was embarrassing. I wonder why no one is talkting about the waste of a signing and the total collapse of a return game?

That's on the coaching staff squarely!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 05, 2013, 02:06:28 AM

He will come back to haunt us. Should have kept him around, the stiff we signed as a returner (can't even think of his name because he was so irrelevant) was a joke.

I could put up with a few muffs from Parker, but the lack of a return game was embarrassing. I wonder why no one is talkting about the waste of a signing and the total collapse of a return game?

All the while they had Michael Smith sitting on the bench the whole year.  Not sure what they are saving him for.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 05, 2013, 02:10:06 AM

All the while they had Michael Smith sitting on the bench the whole year.  Not sure what they are saving him for.

+1

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 05, 2013, 03:19:54 AM

We need a slot guy in the worst way.  Underwood does not return IMO.  They either draft a guy, or Welker is available in free agency IIRC.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 05, 2013, 03:23:00 AM

I think they are waiting for him to be married.

2002Champs2055

Rookie

#7 : January 05, 2013, 03:53:40 AM

I met him and spent a day with him at a hospital his mom and my grandma were at in seacrest. Was one of my fav players on the team. Consistency was his best attribute. Was wishing he would be great one day cause i got a couple autographs and he's a buc. But now I can't wish that.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 05, 2013, 01:03:03 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Turn the page.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : January 05, 2013, 02:05:18 PM

He will come back to haunt us.

How is he going to see the field with the talent they already have?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 05, 2013, 02:44:50 PM

Preston wasn't flashy, but he made a lot of catches.

I think that he's a much better slot receiver than Underwood.

Parker probably would have caught that 3rd/4th down pass against the Falcons in the first game. He probably runs better routes too.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 05, 2013, 04:59:31 PM

I think they are waiting for him to be married.

X) I loled

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 05, 2013, 05:09:18 PM

A WR corp that seemed like a strength as the season began dwindled down to nuthin. What a disappointment Benn turned out to be.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

blah

Second String

#13 : January 05, 2013, 05:11:07 PM

Called this about 6 months ago
http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1299521.0.html

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 05, 2013, 09:57:48 PM

I seem to remember him getting a lot of clutch 3rd down catches. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints sign Preston « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools