Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pressure will be turned up on Bucs QB Freeman. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 05, 2013, 05:15:55 PM

No...not more pressure on the poor guy.    [sarcasm]

can't be hurtin those fewwings....now, can we?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 05, 2013, 06:30:08 PM

Here's my bold prediction:  For the 2nd year in a row the Bucs trade back up into the bottom of the 1st round to select Ryan Nassib.  His stock is rising, and will only continue to do so throughout the draft process.  He is smart, accurate, and strong armed.  He's a good leader, and has good character.  Schiano knows him well from his years at Rutgers.  The Bucs will need to jump ahead of the other QB needy teams who may decide to pass on a 1st round QB to wait and pick up Nassib at the top of the 2nd.  My second bold prediction: Nassib will be the starter by the end of next season.

First thing I have to say is I haven't seen Nassib play "live" being that I haven't watched much college ball this year but from what I see in these Youtubes, you may be giving him more credit than he deserves....these are all my opinions so its cool to disagree if you like:

1. His delivery reminds me somewhat of Aaron Rodgers but he's not quite as accurate as perhaps you'd want and has penchant for throwing fastballs often when not necessary...seems to get "happy feet" pretty easily but that might also be a function of the porous O-line he's played behind. At least he seems to have the ability to improvise when plays break down and isn't afraid to scramble and pick up what he can. Seems comfortable throwing on the run as well.

2. Not enough footage of deep throws in the 5 game clips I viewed and we all know thats a big part of the Buc offence so it's a bit hard to gauge whether he can deliver the ball 40 yds downfield to hit VJax in stride. The Syracuse passing offence seems to be mostly short and intermediate timing routes so take that for what its worth...

3. Most snaps were taken from shotgun so there will be some coaching required to get him used to turning his back to the defence for playfakes then planting and finding targets....maybe not a big deal but it means there's another smaller skill that needs to be taught.

4. Personally I don't think I'd use an early pick on an incomplete talent - too much coaching required and too many unknowns about his longball. Trade the pick for Cousins if that's the case.

*Note* That kid Khaseem Greene at LB for Rutgers looks like a playmaker

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 05, 2013, 09:55:07 PM

Well if they did draft him it would be as a project guy, while they figure out if Freeman is going to pan out.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pressure will be turned up on Bucs QB Freeman. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools