Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Reid (S LSU) « previous next »
Page: 1

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
: January 04, 2013, 05:29:39 PM

LSU All-American safety Eric Reid has decided to enter the NFL draft and forgo his senior season, he announced Friday through a school news release.

Reid, ranked No. 3 among junior safeties by ESPN Insider Mel Kiper Jr. and No. 42 overall by ESPN's Scouts Inc.

In his junior year, Reid led LSU's secondary with 91 tackles and added two interceptions while providing leadership as the lone returning starter in the Tigers' secondary. He finished the year as a consensus All-American and the sixth All-American secondary player to play for Miles, including four in the last three seasons.

In 39 career games, he started 29 with 194 career tackles and six career interceptions.

I want.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 04, 2013, 05:32:55 PM

What was his wonderlic?

A Dolorous Idiot wants to know.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 04, 2013, 05:42:34 PM

A lot of mocks have him going in the late 1st round. If he is there when we pick in the 2nd, then I would be 100% on board. Most likely though, we are going to have to settle on a guy like Jefferson or McDonald in the 2nd or 3rd...which is fine with me as well.

I'm gonna focus on #1 tonight vs A&M. See if he can show up against Johnny Football
: January 04, 2013, 06:17:25 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Supreme

Starter

#3 : January 04, 2013, 06:07:50 PM

He'll be the first safety off the boards come draft day. The guy I'm hoping for in the 2nd-3rd round is T.J. McDonald from USC. HIs father was Tim McDonald so he has the pedigree. He's athletic, has great instincts, and tackles very well.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4 : January 04, 2013, 08:17:23 PM

I think the S from Texas is the first safety off the board. Like Chace, I'm hoping to get him in the 2nd.

But I get the feeling that if we don't spend our 1st on a CB, we'll be forced to take one in round 2.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 04, 2013, 08:31:31 PM

He'll be the first safety off the boards come draft day. The guy I'm hoping for in the 2nd-3rd round is T.J. McDonald from USC. HIs father was Tim McDonald so he has the pedigree. He's athletic, has great instincts, and tackles very well.

has not been good this year. no thanks

if we are going for a safety i want tony jefferson from OU

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 04, 2013, 08:35:04 PM

Wasn't impressed with him tbh.
Phillip thomas in the 4th would be nice.
DJ swearinger and Shamarko thomas are interesting too.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 05, 2013, 01:25:03 AM

Love Reid and would take him in a minute. Rangy and has a nose for the ball.

For those that say he has not had a good year. that holds true for that entire LSU D. It is not solely his fault.

I think he has a huge upside, Ed Reed type upside.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 05, 2013, 08:41:32 AM

What was his wonderlic?

A Dolorous Idiot wants to know.

When someone claims they have put you on "ignore" , but then still bring you up out of the blue ,randomly, in other threads all over the board , it means your pwnage of them is complete.  8)

: January 05, 2013, 09:04:06 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 05, 2013, 12:22:27 PM

DJ Swearinger > Jefferson> Reid

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 05, 2013, 12:31:13 PM

Jefferson missed quite a few tackles last night, and took some bad angles. They were a few times Johnny football made him look silly, and I could just hear Berman doing his famous, "Wooooop!"

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Reid (S LSU) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools