Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud in the playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 06, 2013, 06:49:24 AM

Let me know when Foster wins a Buc MVP award like Ruud did....

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 06, 2013, 07:08:31 AM

With the talent on those teams that award was like winning best smelling turd.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 06, 2013, 11:29:16 AM

The Bucs made the playoffs the year Ruud won MVP.   

If that team was a bunch of turds, what's the current team that had a losing record?   A bunch of Diarrhea?

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 06, 2013, 11:38:55 AM

Ruud's one tackle came 7 yards downfield too after a decent run by BJGE.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 06, 2013, 12:05:04 PM

In other words, Ruud made contact with him 3 yards past the l.o.s., then was DRAGGED 4 yards...

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 06, 2013, 12:28:45 PM

Freeman is best QB this franchise ever had, not just a team MVP for one year, and i would not even make much out of this either.

I would not mind seeing Foster watching the bucs win a SB, while riding the bench himself, to match Ruuds 'success'. So no clue what Foster should learn from watching Ruud 'living his dream'.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 06, 2013, 07:45:39 PM

Freeman is a team MVP for one year, and i would not even make much out of this either.

Being an MVP of a team that doesn't make the playoffs is meaningless.   I agree with you.   When Freeman is MVP of a team that makes the playoffs, then he will have accomplished something.    Same can be said of Foster.

Ruud's already done it though.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 06, 2013, 08:37:26 PM

Freeman is a team MVP for one year, and i would not even make much out of this either.

Being an MVP of a team that doesn't make the playoffs is meaningless.   I agree with you.   When Freeman is MVP of a team that makes the playoffs, then he will have accomplished something.    Same can be said of Foster.

WOW, a playoff season where the schedule was so weak that I think it even included some CFL and NFLE teams. Didn't the rest of the division all have losing records that season while the year Josh did it 2 of them had 11 or more wins?

Being the MVP of a team that didn't even get to 10 wins is meaningless, When Ruud has done that he will have accomplished something.
Freeman's already done it though.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 07, 2013, 07:41:34 AM

The Bucs D in 2007 was the #2 defense in the NFL.   And Ruud was voted MVP of that defense...      No matter how you spin it, the best player on the #2 Defense in the NFL is something to be proud of.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 07, 2013, 07:50:46 AM

The Bucs D in 2007 was the #2 defense in the NFL.   And Ruud was voted MVP of that defense...      No matter how you spin it, the best player on the #2 Defense in the NFL is something to be proud of.
Yes, Ruud was good back in the days. But now? He's far from it. He's barely even a backup anymore. Give it up. Just like Tebow was good several years ago when he was in college, now he sucks. Players can regress and Ruud is a perfect example of it.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 07, 2013, 07:52:12 AM

Players can regress

Freeman is a good example of that.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 07, 2013, 08:26:45 AM

Yes, Ruud was good back in the days. But now? He's far from it. He's barely even a backup anymore. Give it up. Just like Tebow was good several years ago when he was in college, now he sucks. Players can regress and Ruud is a perfect example of it.
Freeman is a good example of that.
Ruud is an excellent example. Freeman is still young and can improve. Ruud is done.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 07, 2013, 08:48:16 AM

In other words, Ruud made contact with him 3 yards past the l.o.s., then was DRAGGED 4 yards...
Lol that sounds about right.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 07, 2013, 12:01:38 PM

IM still amazed at how far you let Java take you on his ride.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 07, 2013, 12:08:14 PM

Freeman is the best QB of a franchise that already won a SB, while Ruud was the 'best' player on a team for one year, that did not even won one PO game. Up to you to decide which values more.
But this is like comparing mexicos best hockes player to Canadas best soccer player.

Bottom line, Ruud did not do much in his career, and is doing even less NOW. I expect more out of Foster than just outplaying him. As i do for Freeman, being better than Vinny won't cut, aslong we not get an awesome defense all of a sudden.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ruud in the playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools