Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Taren28

Rookie

#15 : January 06, 2013, 03:14:52 AM

I didn't want to make a post welcoming myself to the boards but just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Buccaneer brothers. Been reading the forums on the read board for a couple years now and just have never posted. I have decided to become and active poster and I am looking forward to it!

I don't believe we will draft Tyrann because he is a Buccaneer Man but I would love if we considered the kid if he was there in the 3rd. Schiano liked to throw some blitzes in there which Tyrann can do well at. He seems to be a versatile athlete. His size worries me a little bit, but he is not afraid to get physical. Dom has been pretty terrible with his later round draft picks so why not give the kid a chance if he is there in the 3rd-4th round? My guess is he is the Janoris Jenkins of this class and someone reaches on him in the 2nd.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 06, 2013, 03:38:16 AM

I guarandamntee we will regret not taking this guy if that's what happens. What does us not drafting Janoris Jenkins have to do with anything? Jenkins not only isn't nearly as talented as Mathieu is, he was arrested 3 times in one year, fathered 4 kids with 3 different women and also had to switch schools in his 4 years in college. Plus the dude had commitment issues in if he really even loved the game or if he was just talented. The Honey Badger is all in, loves the game and is a leader on the field. He can be a transcendent type player in the NFL. Quote me.

Tim Tebow is "all in, loves the game and is a leader on the field" as well. If your talking about actually football talent then how could you say that Jenkins is not nearly as talented. He's probably more talented.

Psych

Starter

#17 : January 06, 2013, 04:01:42 AM

It seems like a lot of you only saw clips of him on ESPN. He could be a good Nickel, but that's about it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 06, 2013, 06:22:34 AM

Well, according to many, Rutgers has the power to turn boys into me, thugs into saints, and water into wine.  No reason this guy couldn't be a "Buccaneer Man".

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 06, 2013, 08:39:57 AM

Well, according to many, Rutgers has the power to turn boys into me, thugs into saints, and water into wine.  No reason this guy couldn't be a "Buccaneer Man".

I agree 100%. Vince, er I mean Greg would do wonders for this guy. No doubt about it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 06, 2013, 08:49:27 AM

Behavior issues aside. The dude is 5 foot nothing . How is he supposed to cover Julio Jones ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 06, 2013, 08:52:50 AM

Behavior issues aside. The dude is 5 foot nothing . How is he supposed to cover Julio Jones ?

Lifts, or Jesus, I mean Greg, will make him taller.

Ms Elam

Starter

#22 : January 06, 2013, 09:48:16 AM

I've personally met him I don't care what LSU had him listed at he's 5 foot 6 150-170 pounds. And I just put 150-170 to be generous and give him the benefit of the doubt, but if it was a bet on his weight, I would stay below 160 for my guess.

Ms Elam

Starter

#23 : January 06, 2013, 10:08:33 AM

I guarandamntee we will regret not taking this guy if that's what happens. What does us not drafting Janoris Jenkins have to do with anything? Jenkins not only isn't nearly as talented as Mathieu is, he was arrested 3 times in one year, fathered 4 kids with 3 different women and also had to switch schools in his 4 years in college. Plus the dude had commitment issues in if he really even loved the game or if he was just talented. The Honey Badger is all in, loves the game and is a leader on the field. He can be a transcendent type player in the NFL. Quote me.

Tim Tebow is "all in, loves the game and is a leader on the field" as well. If your talking about actually football talent then how could you say that Jenkins is not nearly as talented. He's probably more talented.
Man you are way off. Jenkins almost certainly will be a good number 1 corner at some point. Mathieu will never be a number 1 corner, not even a bad one. For one this guy can't cover. He just made big plays, and its obvious that's all you ever saw. When he gets to the combine and measures in at 5 foot 6 and weighs in at 150, then runs the 40 yard dash in what looks like a 4.3 but turns out to be a4.6 because his short stubby legs aren't covering any ground although they are moving fast, then maybe you will see how wrong you are. Mathieu's ceiling in the NFL will be a decent, consistent, nickel back (which is a bigger deal now since they play more now days) and a return guy who makes a few splash plays a year. And that's only if he works hard and stays focused.
: January 06, 2013, 10:10:59 AM Ms Elam

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 06, 2013, 10:46:55 AM

It seems like a lot of you only saw clips of him on ESPN. He could be a good Nickel, but that's about it.

Agreed.  He'd be a good nickel and returner in the NFL.  That's probably his ceiling.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 06, 2013, 11:15:14 AM

He's really nothing in the NFL because at his size he can't play S but he can't cover well enough to play at CB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Psych

Starter

#26 : January 06, 2013, 02:57:26 PM

He is too small and not fast enough.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 06, 2013, 03:00:12 PM

if we didnt go after janoris jenkins who was a much better player, we damn sure arent going after mathieu. that guy isnt worth a draft pick. one of the most overrated guys ive ever seen

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#28 : January 06, 2013, 03:26:36 PM

Why not take a flyer on him in the 4th? He was a 1st rounder last year and despite size issues, has a great knack for making plays on the ball. If he misbehaves in the NFL, get rid of him. I wouldn't draft him in the third as we could use that pick on much safer and better options. But, if he's available in one of our fourth rounders (if we keep the picks), we should give him a shot. At that point in the draft, you are pretty much drafting for either depth, potential and special teams. Honey Badger fits all three of those roles for us.

Say my name...

Psych

Starter

#29 : January 06, 2013, 03:58:20 PM

I'd like to take him in the 4th. I still want two other corners taken before the 4th round though.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools