Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seahawks- Redskins « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#150 : January 07, 2013, 06:43:45 PM

He hobbled around all game last week.   Weren't we just praising QBs for their heart?   Geez, give it a break already.
People want their QB to show heart but they also want their HC to be smart enough to bench that guy if it's a real health concern.

I give RG3 major props for being out there with his guys but it was clear early on that he aggravated that knee...that's where Shanahan needed to make a decision.

RGIII would have thrown a hissy fit if you tried to pull him out of that game. Some of it is on him . He is telling his coaches he can go when he really shouldn't be going.

I would have too if I was a franchise QB who was pulled out of a playoff game with an injury that isn't my throwing arm. But the coaches have to observe what they see on the field and realize he can't perform his best. Competitors will always hide injuries to play. Coaches and trainers have to protect players from themselves.

Say my name...

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#151 : January 07, 2013, 07:48:21 PM

Forget protecting RGIII, the fact was, RGIII wasn't a good QB after the first quarter because of his injury.  Him being on the field was hurting the Redskins' ability to win the game.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#152 : January 07, 2013, 08:39:58 PM

I'm pretty sure that Shannahan felt that a less than 100% RGIII gave them more of a shot at victory than Cousins and I believe he would be right.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#153 : January 07, 2013, 08:54:42 PM

Doesn't matter how you spin it, keeping a clearly hobbled RG3 in the game when he was completely ineffective, instead of putting Cousins.....was very stupid. Cousins was drafted for a reason, and he has looked good in his limited playing time. Shanahan acting like he had nothing at back up and letting his injured and ineffective starting QB get destroyed and lose the game was stupid. But hey, sticking with the option **CENSORED** past week eight and continually getting RG3 killed, when he showed the ability to run a standard offense.....was also very stupid. So par for the course. Not a Shanahan fan anymore. Glad he isn't in Tampa.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#154 : January 07, 2013, 08:57:47 PM

I'm pretty sure that Shannahan felt that a less than 100% RGIII gave them more of a shot at victory than Cousins and I believe he would be right.

You and him were both wrong.  He wasn't a starter-quality QB yesterday.  I would've rather had Rex Grossman in there than an RGIII who wouldn't get anything behind his throws because he couldn't plant his leg.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#155 : January 07, 2013, 09:01:58 PM

He still gave them a better chance than Cousins especially when the decision is being made in the heat of the moment and not after he tore his ACL and you get to use hindsight

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#156 : January 07, 2013, 09:02:39 PM

If they didn't run those stupid QB options RG3 would have been capable of completing the game. With Morris in the backfield, you have to question why they did this. It wasn't enough for Shanny to have him healthy enough to stand in the pocket, and hand off to Morris, he had to run the QB options, and it cost him this game, and possibly more games next year as a result.

After RG3's third run I had called the game correctly. I said to my wife that the Seahawks will win(score was 14-3 Redskins), Redskins won't score another point, and RG3 won't finish the game. Bazinga!!

I also added that Shanahan is an idiot and I will never watch another game when he is head coach. That was stupidity at it's finest. Too bad I could not bet on the second half of that game. I would have hit it big.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#157 : January 07, 2013, 09:04:04 PM

You and him were both wrong.  He wasn't a starter-quality QB yesterday.  I would've rather had Rex Grossman in there than an RGIII who wouldn't get anything behind his throws because he couldn't plant his leg.

He was fine at the beginning. Until Shanny had him run those QB options. What you saw was stupid coaching.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#158 : January 07, 2013, 09:04:11 PM

He still gave them a better chance than Cousins especially when the decision is being made in the heat of the moment and not after he tore his ACL and you get to use hindsight

I'm talking about in the 3rd quarter, when he couldn't throw or run.  That's not in hindsight, that's in the third quarter, when you were basically using a one-legged QB who couldn't play football.

And the QB options had nothing to do with it.  None of the plays where he was injured were on designed runs.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#159 : January 07, 2013, 09:06:33 PM

I'm talking about in the 3rd quarter, when he couldn't throw or run.  That's not in hindsight, that's in the third quarter, when you were basically using a one-legged QB who couldn't play football.

And the QB options had nothing to do with it.  None of the plays where he was injured were on designed runs.

So getting hit on QB options doesn't take a toll?  OK, and you're using hindsight now.  As for the "one-legged" QB, there have been more than one example of "one-legged" QBs playing and having success.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#160 : January 07, 2013, 09:08:17 PM

He was fine at the beginning. Until Shanny had him run those QB options. What you saw was stupid coaching.

Yeah.. Shanahan is a garbage coach... lol you know how to call em

This guy...

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#161 : January 07, 2013, 09:08:43 PM

I'm not using hindsight.  Where am I using hindsight?  I said, as soon as Shanahan saw that RGIII was entirely ineffective, which was evident by the beginning of the third quarter, RGIII should've been pulled.  Has nothing to do with him getting hurt more later, even if he wasn't, RGIII should not have been in that game, because he wasn't giving his team the best chance to win. 

And when was he hit on a read-option yesterday?  They barely called any, and I can only remember one time he was hit, he usually got out of bounds.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#162 : January 07, 2013, 09:09:22 PM

I doubt Cousins would of made any difference in the final score.  But Shanny should of pulled RG just to protect him. Big picture.  Dude has years ahead of him, protect you franchise QB.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#163 : January 07, 2013, 09:18:57 PM

Redskins were up by one point at half time. Morris was running well. Redskins defense was playing well. If Cousins starts the second half, I think the game would have been close. Cousins came out and was accurate and efficient. It was too little too late, down by 14 with 6 minutes to go, but he might of done enough to win considering how well Morris and the defense were playing. He almost certainly wouldn't have fumbled the ball inside their own 5 yard line.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#164 : January 07, 2013, 09:23:45 PM

Yeah.. Shanahan is a garbage coach... lol you know how to call em

Read much? He is a stupid idiot, not totally garbage like Schiano.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seahawks- Redskins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools