Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seahawks- Redskins « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Hate

Hall of Famer
#165 : January 07, 2013, 09:26:25 PM

After RG3's third run I had called the game correctly. I said to my wife that the Seahawks will win(score was 14-3 Redskins), Redskins won't score another point, and RG3 won't finish the game. Bazinga!!

Didn't take a genius to come to that conclusion as my son and i both said the said thing. Difference is at no point prior to Griffin going down did i give any thought to him coming outta the game. I did however think they should alter their play calling and feed Morris.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#166 : January 07, 2013, 09:26:52 PM

Redskins were up by one point at half time. Morris was running well. Redskins defense was playing well. If Cousins starts the second half, I think the game would have been close. Cousins came out and was accurate and efficient. It was too little too late, down by 14 with 6 minutes to go, but he might of done enough to win considering how well Morris and the defense were playing. He almost certainly wouldn't have fumbled the ball inside their own 5 yard line.

I seriously doubt that Cousins would have made the score hold up.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#167 : January 07, 2013, 09:34:38 PM

Redskins were up by one point at half time. Morris was running well. Redskins defense was playing well. If Cousins starts the second half, I think the game would have been close. Cousins came out and was accurate and efficient. It was too little too late, down by 14 with 6 minutes to go, but he might of done enough to win considering how well Morris and the defense were playing. He almost certainly wouldn't have fumbled the ball inside their own 5 yard line.

If RG3 doesn't fumble that ball inside their own 5, the Seahawks only score 7 second half points. I think it's feasible Cousins can lead the Redskins to one TD, to at least force overtime. Morris was running really well. If RG3 hadn't been throwing so poorly, the Redskins would have had some second half points.
: January 07, 2013, 09:37:53 PM JDouble

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#168 : January 07, 2013, 09:36:14 PM

It's not like RGIII was playing at 80% capacity or something.  He was a shell of what he is capable of. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#169 : January 07, 2013, 09:41:44 PM

If RG3 doesn't fumble that ball inside their own 5, the Seahawks only score 7 second half points. I think it's feasible Cousins can lead the Redskins to one TD, to at least force overtime. Morris was running really well. If RG3 hadn't been throwing so poorly, the Redskins would have had some second half points.

maybe, maybe not.  bottom line is that Cousins is the back up for a reason

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#170 : January 07, 2013, 09:42:23 PM

Correct, he is the backup so when the starter is incapable of playing, as he was on Sunday, he can come in.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#171 : January 07, 2013, 09:42:44 PM

After RG3's third run I had called the game correctly. I said to my wife that the Seahawks will win(score was 14-3 Redskins), Redskins won't score another point, and RG3 won't finish the game. Bazinga!!

Didn't take a genius to come to that conclusion as my son and i both said the said thing. Difference is at no point prior to Griffin going down did i give any thought to him coming outta the game. I did however think they should alter their play calling and feed Morris.

Attention Tripblood........you are officially not a genius.

This is just more confirmation from an observant fan...
Agree. They could have fed Morris more, as he was on fire. RG3, if he had not run those option runs, had perfect pocket mobility early in the game as well.

At the end of the game he was a sitting duck back there.....it was sad to watch a great player get destroyed the way he did....thanks to the terrible, stupid play calling.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#172 : January 07, 2013, 09:44:02 PM

He was fine at the beginning. Until Shanny had him run those QB options. What you saw was stupid coaching.

Yeah.. Shanahan is a garbage coach... lol you know how to call em

Read much? He is a stupid idiot, not totally garbage like Schiano.

Great post cuh

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#173 : January 07, 2013, 09:45:22 PM

It wasnt official before. But now it is.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#174 : January 07, 2013, 09:47:58 PM

That would make a nice sig.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#175 : January 07, 2013, 09:48:44 PM

Correct, he is the backup so when the starter is incapable of playing, as he was on Sunday, he can come in.

and when the starter was incapable of playing, the back up came in .....

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#176 : January 07, 2013, 09:53:47 PM

That would make a nice sig.

I care more about making money and partying, than posters on a message board. So I think the Bombay Gin Dance is staying

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#177 : January 07, 2013, 09:54:08 PM

The starter was clearly incapable of playing long before that, or he would've been able to complete passes.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#178 : January 07, 2013, 10:32:29 PM

maybe, maybe not.  bottom line is that Cousins is the back up for a reason

Duh...he's the backup because a healthy RG3 is probably a top 5 QB in the league right now. RG3 couldn't run or pass...at that point, Washington had zero % chance of winning that game unless the Skins D held Seattle scoreless in the 2nd half.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#179 : January 07, 2013, 10:35:25 PM

This is just more confirmation from an observant fan...
Agree. They could have fed Morris more, as he was on fire. RG3, if he had not run those option runs, had perfect pocket mobility early in the game as well.

At the end of the game he was a sitting duck back there.....it was sad to watch a great player get destroyed the way he did....thanks to the terrible, stupid play calling.

BTW, RGIII had 5 total runs yesterday.  3 of them were scrambles after dropping back. 
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seahawks- Redskins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools