Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chip Kelly Won't Be Coming to the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: January 06, 2013, 11:09:04 PM

Oregon coach Chip Kelly has decided to turn down a chance to go to the NFL and instead return to the Ducks, according to league sources.

Kelly was intrigued with the Philadelphia Eagles' head coaching job but decided he wasn't comfortable leaving the college game.

The Cleveland Browns interviewed Kelly last week but decided to reboot their coach search after leaving Arizona late Sunday morning without landing Kelly, sources said.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8819831/chip-kelly-spurns-nfl-return-oregon-ducks-sources-say
: January 06, 2013, 11:18:54 PM BFT+C

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : January 06, 2013, 11:11:37 PM

I now think Kelly is gutless.   

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 06, 2013, 11:12:25 PM

He knows his system would be an absolute wreck in the NFL, both playbook and personnel wise.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 06, 2013, 11:13:36 PM

Smart guy, he wanders, and then Phil Knight from Nike ponies up another few million, and he is back home.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 06, 2013, 11:28:24 PM

Smart guy, he wanders, and then Phil Knight from Nike ponies up another few million, and he is back home.

I think NFL teams will figure out this appears to be his game as well. 

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Wesmon

Second String

#5 : January 06, 2013, 11:33:23 PM

I think NFL teams will figure out this appears to be his game as well.

Yeah, that runaway bride BS ain't gonna fly with NFL execs. He has killed his chances at a pro coaching career.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 06, 2013, 11:57:54 PM

Until next year, when he wants another million and a half from Oregon. Seriously is he that good of a coach to be stringing along NFL teams every year? I don't think so.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 06, 2013, 11:58:45 PM

When you've hit the pinnacle tier of the college coaching realm, you would have to either be a masochist or really have something to prove to jump to the NFL.  There is plenty of money and prestige at the college level, and it's a much easier place to stay on top.  Whereas in the NFL, your job is on the hot seat as soon as you walk in the door.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 07, 2013, 04:27:08 AM

I understand not wanting to go to Cleveland, but the Egals have all the support he would need to do a good job there.

I guess it was the bargaining posture you guys mentioned, or he's timid of coaching at the NFL level. Either way, the guy wins and it is of no concern to us.

Let's be fair though, Tiger woods had to be (forcibly) weened off Nike's teat after cheating on his wife (several times). Once Nike breaks out that checkbook, they own you.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 07, 2013, 05:47:52 AM

Chip is the new Les Miles, what a tool.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 07, 2013, 05:58:42 AM

He knows his system would be an absolute wreck in the NFL, both playbook and personnel wise.
lol at thinking that's what he would run in the NFL. Chip Kelly is an offensive genius and would likely adapt his system to work. Watch the different things he's done with the Ducks over the years for evidence.

And you do know Seattle and Washington are both running variations of the same system, right? Seems to be working for them.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 07, 2013, 11:46:00 AM

Yeah, that runaway bride BS ain't gonna fly with NFL execs. He has killed his chances at a pro coaching career.

I'm sure he burned a few bridges with NFL folks.

He'd be a fool to leave Oregon anyway, unless sanctions are coming.

ufcguy32

Starter

#12 : January 07, 2013, 10:37:24 PM

guys a complete **CENSORED** bag. i hope he never gets another interview again

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 07, 2013, 11:49:34 PM

He would have been a huge failure anyway.

All he did with this little rondevu was screw up his recruiting class.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 07, 2013, 11:54:33 PM

I don't think that offense will work in the NFL,  just like Schiano's defense won't work in the NFL.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chip Kelly Won't Be Coming to the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools