Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chip Kelly Won't Be Coming to the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 07, 2013, 11:58:40 PM

I don't think that offense will work in the NFL,  just like Schiano's defense won't work in the NFL.

Or you posting something insightful

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 08, 2013, 12:00:23 AM

just like Schiano's defense won't work in the NFL.

what is schematically wrong with schianos defense?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 08, 2013, 12:01:20 AM

just like Schiano's defense won't work in the NFL.

what is schematically wrong with schianos defense?

Why did you indulge him? Uggghhhhh I thought the bear was going to sleep

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 08, 2013, 12:06:37 AM

Why did you indulge him? Uggghhhhh I thought the bear was going to sleep

im hoping for a quality answer.  i know that there are schematic problems to our pass defense as well...i just dont have the answers.  he says he has them.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 08, 2013, 02:55:33 PM

If i could say I had the answers, they would be something like this..

1. The corners, even outclassed, aren't doing anything more than covering deep. There needs to be jams, sideline run-outs, and a little bit of change from the normal coverage 20+ yards out. By leaving the corners out so far back, they are leaving themselves at the mercy of any QB that is accurate on the intermediate routes, and not capitalizing on whatever passrush they might get.

2. Imvho, a DE should rarely go into coverage. That is what LBers and corners are for. Even if the corners are sub-par, you're already giving yourself a deficit by taking away a pass rusher. Who exactly is clayborn, bowers, Bennett, etc supposed to cover anyway? Tony g? Jj and white? No. Schiano and bill would be much better off letting even the weaklings struggle for themselves if they want to run that defense.

3. Why was there so much worry about running on 3rd down and long situations? When it's four or more yards to gain a first down, teams usually try to pass. Unless they see a RB destroying their defense on the previous plays, they should be playing for the pass and getting off the field.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 08, 2013, 03:00:05 PM

Schiano made a lot of mistakes. I tend to expect that though as a first year HC out of college. I do however think he can be a very good coach if he learns from these mistakes and builds on his success this year. He cant be thick headed here. He needs to admit mistakes and fix them. If he is too stubborn for that then he will be fired pretty quickly. Players wont play for a guy like that. Luckily I dont think he is like that. I think he knows he was in for a little bit of a rough start this season and I think he will work hard to figure out what he can do to get better. Thats the only attitude I would want from my HC.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 08, 2013, 09:54:15 PM

Chip Kelly is a bloated schlitheap.

I was grateful we dodged that cannon shot when he declined the Bucs.

watson

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 09, 2013, 05:46:48 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why a coach that has never won 1 single national championship is in such demand.  Saban has about as many national championships as Kelly does 10 win seasons.....and he figured out pretty quickly that he should have stayed at the college level.....even though he had good NFL coaching experience before he became a college HC. 

Sorry, but I just don't buy the Kelly hype.....but to those that do....more power to you.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 09, 2013, 06:56:31 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why a coach that has never won 1 single national championship is in such demand.  Saban has about as many national championships as Kelly does 10 win seasons.....and he figured out pretty quickly that he should have stayed at the college level.....even though he had good NFL coaching experience before he became a college HC. 

Sorry, but I just don't buy the Kelly hype.....but to those that do....more power to you.

this
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chip Kelly Won't Be Coming to the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools