Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Josh Freeman be Eli Manning? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 08, 2013, 01:54:25 PM

It's easy to stay durable when you don't ever take a hit.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 08, 2013, 01:55:58 PM

Freeman does a nice job avoiding hits and sacks. However I think he should be smarter with the ball sometimes and take the sack versus trying to force the play. Something he can learn this offseason.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 08, 2013, 01:57:17 PM

I wonder if there are threads on the Giants forum asking if Eli Manning could be Josh Freeman?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 08, 2013, 02:12:40 PM

I wonder if there are threads on the Giants forum asking if Eli Manning could be Josh Freeman?

My wife's family is mostly Giants' fans. They absolutely do complain about ELi. I'm sure some would even favor a trade. For sure none have any interest in Sanchez or Tebow. They know the Jets are a league joke, and that's from season ticket holding Jets' fans who married into the family. The 5-1 streak in the middle of the season made them take notice of Freeman.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#19 : January 08, 2013, 02:17:33 PM

probably

ehinote

Starter
#20 : January 08, 2013, 03:52:25 PM

Probably.  But those are FANS... of which most don't have a clue.  There were many more inconsistent QBs that sat where Freeman does right now with a ton of potential and inconsistency that didn't make it to where Eli made it.  Until Freeman does play more consistent and gets us to the playoffs I won't compare him to a 2-time Super Bowl champion like Eli.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 08, 2013, 04:01:27 PM

My wife's family is mostly Giants' fans. They absolutely do complain about ELi. I'm sure some would even favor a trade. For sure none have any interest in Sanchez or Tebow. They know the Jets are a league joke, and that's from season ticket holding Jets' fans who married into the family. The 5-1 streak in the middle of the season made them take notice of Freeman.

The guy sitting in the office across from me is a Giants fan and always complaining about Eli.   I just went and asked him if he'd trade Eli for Josh Freeman.   His reply was "Who is Josh Freeman"?

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 08, 2013, 04:07:22 PM

Give Freeman a dominant defense, a great running game so teams can't take away the deep ball, WRs with a great catch radius, and an OL that give him plenty of time to throw, and Freeman can win for you.  It's almost impossible to find a QB who can do that for you, we gotta re-sign him while he's only 24!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 08, 2013, 04:09:08 PM

Give Freeman a dominant defense, a great running game so teams can't take away the deep ball, WRs with a great catch radius, and an OL that give him plenty of time to throw, and Freeman can win for you.  It's almost impossible to find a QB who can do that for you, we gotta re-sign him while he's only 24!

Better hurry up!   He turns 25 in 4 days.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 08, 2013, 09:56:07 PM

Better hurry up!   He turns 25 in 4 days.

You and your ladyboys will be having a little celebration?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 08, 2013, 09:57:41 PM

Freeman can be the next David Carr.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 09, 2013, 02:13:19 PM

Freeman has a knack for leading comebacks in 4th quarter of games.  A credible defense with Freeman will make the Bucs a competitive team (they were this year) but even more so.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 09, 2013, 05:12:52 PM

Freeman has a knack for leading comebacks in 4th quarter of games. 

Not in the last 2 years he doesn't.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 09, 2013, 08:03:06 PM

So what was that game in Carolina this season?

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#29 : January 10, 2013, 01:06:24 AM

Washington was a comeback. We regained the lead before our wonderful pass D gave that one up in the waning seconds.
NO at home would have gone to OT at least if it weren't for that BS rule of illegal touching on MW that should have been PI/illegal touching.
At Carolina was clearly one.
Philly was a joke. Playcalling on the last offensive drive was way too conservative. Nothing but runs up the middle is not playing to win, it's playing not to lose. I'd talk about it more but that game gives me nightmares.

He had two last season as well. Minnesota and the MNF game vs. Indy.

Yes, there are some excuses and sooner or later the excuses won't be enough. The potential Freeman has is there and he has shown some strong clutch performances. I would just like to see him put us in more situations where we don't need that dramatic comeback. Good teams can win close games, great teams rarely play them.

Say my name...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Josh Freeman be Eli Manning? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools