Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#150 : January 08, 2013, 12:05:01 AM

Im indifferent on Freeman but if you mean the Chiefs 2013 picks than Reid is batshlt and we're picking first overall.

correct.  1st, 13th, 34th, 43rd, and 73rd.  we probably have to give them a 4th, preferably the one from the pats.  the chiefs get the hometown kid to create a buzz, the hometown kid who has shown he can play very well.  the chiefs fans get the guy that put up 350 and 4 TD's against them.  reid gets to be a QB guru and fix another QB.

there's 2 trains of thought...either freeman sucks and he's not worth the high picks.  in that case we have to ride it out with him.
or freeman is actually a good QB and worth keeping - or worth trading for high picks.  which one is it?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#151 : January 08, 2013, 12:16:56 AM

is josh freeman a guy that will put the team on his shoulders and win ball games?

He's done this many times

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#152 : January 08, 2013, 12:21:12 AM

is josh freeman a guy that will put the team on his shoulders and win ball games?

Ya, right...

bucboi813

Starter

#153 : January 08, 2013, 01:30:09 AM

I wouldn't do it unless it was freeman for the pick or freeman swap picks and give us a player or a 2nd also look what the bengals got for Carson bum @$$ Palmer

Live free or die trying

bucboi813

Starter

#154 : January 08, 2013, 01:30:38 AM

Ps he did play college ball there let them have the int machine

Live free or die trying

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#155 : January 08, 2013, 07:29:16 AM

A Biggs bet with DolorousJason is exactly what this forum needs right now.

No one bets with Biggs anymore , he's a cowardly welcher. Ask Freddy.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DailyRich68

Starter
#156 : January 08, 2013, 07:49:41 AM

Ya, right...

So that was Freeman playing pass defense in the fourth quarter of that game?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#157 : January 08, 2013, 07:50:46 AM

...not since 2010. Back when he was an entirely different player. Back when he was fat, mobile, and confident.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#158 : January 08, 2013, 07:56:02 AM

Ya, right...

So that was Freeman playing pass defense in the fourth quarter of that game?

No, that was a Giants player.   Freeman was the one throwing the pick to lose the game.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#159 : January 08, 2013, 09:56:06 AM

when i say franchise i mean for us....you just dont find peyton manning everyday...you can win with a joe flacco, big ben etc.....your taking something somewhat known for a possible jamarcus russell. its not worth it to me

you can win with a alex smith also.  you can win with a russel wilson.  if freeman is just a QB we can win with, he's not that important to me.  we built the offense around the guy, and we are still saying...well if we only had a probowl TE and a pro bowl slot guy to go with our probowl WR and our probowl RB.  if he's a legit franchise QB, then i wish we could be certain of it before his 6th year.  if freeman is a legit QB, he'd make the most out of his weapons, instead of his weapons making him.

It's funny what an elite running game, the best D in football, one of the best special teams in football, and the softest schedule in the league can do for you. Prior to all that happening last year, Smith was 19 - 31 as a starter.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#160 : January 08, 2013, 11:03:59 AM

when i say franchise i mean for us....you just dont find peyton manning everyday...you can win with a joe flacco, big ben etc.....your taking something somewhat known for a possible jamarcus russell. its not worth it to me

you can win with a alex smith also.  you can win with a russel wilson.  if freeman is just a QB we can win with, he's not that important to me.  we built the offense around the guy, and we are still saying...well if we only had a probowl TE and a pro bowl slot guy to go with our probowl WR and our probowl RB.  if he's a legit franchise QB, then i wish we could be certain of it before his 6th year.  if freeman is a legit QB, he'd make the most out of his weapons, instead of his weapons making him.

It's funny what an elite running game, the best D in football, one of the best special teams in football, and the softest schedule in the league can do for you. Prior to all that happening last year, Smith was 19 - 31 as a starter.

With Smith, I think coaching was a huge issue.  People here are quick to throw Smith under the bus... yet those same people are giving excuses for Freeman that are the exact same issues Smith had to deal with.  Before Harbaugh, Smith had 2 different head coaches and 5 different OC's in 6 seasons.  Keep in mind too, that the two defensive-minded head coaches that preceeded Harbaugh, had worse defenses than Harbaugh.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#161 : January 08, 2013, 11:09:05 AM

Before Harbaugh, Smith had 2 different head coaches

Actually 3 if you count that guy in the VISA commercial.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#162 : January 08, 2013, 11:10:08 AM

With Smith, I think coaching was a huge issue.  People here are quick to throw Smith under the bus... yet those same people are giving excuses for Freeman that are the exact same issues Smith had to deal with.  Before Harbaugh, Smith had 2 different head coaches and 5 different OC's in 6 seasons.  Keep in mind too, that the two defensive-minded head coaches that preceeded Harbaugh, had worse defenses than Harbaugh.

So maybe those "excuses" are valid?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#163 : January 08, 2013, 11:15:21 AM

I would only do it if it meant the first overall pick and we had to hand over a 2nd next year and a 4th this year.

I would want 2 first round draft picks this year, that would go a long way. Just trading 1st rounders wouldn't mean much in this draft which has no huge #1 overall talent that we must get.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#164 : January 08, 2013, 11:17:17 AM

I think bringing in Alex Smith would be a good idea if this were to happen. He'd have good WRs, a solid run game, an OL with 3 pro bowlers and a competent OC. Then pick up a CB in free agency, draft Bjorn Werner or Star Lotulelei in round 1, a CB in round 2, a QB in round 3. The rest of the draft pick up more CBs and OL depth.

Still not sold on letting Freeman go, but if we did I wouldn't mind that scenario.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools