Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15

ccch

Rookie

#75 : January 07, 2013, 04:53:01 PM

Its not all about 5 and it never should have been about 5. Unless you get a QB whos like Brees, Brady, Rodgers it should be about the team and not only the QB. If the Bucs do want to have Freeman here they need to build a solid team around him. One with weapons, one with a solid defense and special teams. If you dont have a QB like Brady, Brees, or Rodgers, you better have a solid team to back the guy up or you wont go very far.

This post is wrong on so many levels. They have given Freeman weapons. I would say Freeman has more weapons than RG3 and Luck during "this" season. As for the defense no one could have predicted the fallout in the secondary. Nor could they have predicted we would go worst to first in rush defense.
So the Bucs should have had better than the #9 total offense?

Stats don't tell the whole story.  Easier to complete passes that go for big plays that pad your stats when it doesn't matter than having to make a sustained drive late in the game when the pressure is on like all the good ones do. 

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 07, 2013, 04:56:55 PM

Yes please, this trade + signing Joe Flacco = win.

If this were to happen, I don't know what I'd do.  I'd rather have Ryan Lindley than Joe Flacco.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 07, 2013, 05:00:39 PM

If there was a QB to take at #1 then sure....but there isn't. So what would we do at QB in 2013? I wouldn't even want the number one pick this year.

What about Washington's backup K. Cousins?

After that game yesterday, there's no way the Redskins let Cousins go.

why would the Redskins let him go via trade? Looks like he's going to be a valuable member of their team - Buc fans just think any player on any team is available for their taking.

Cousins isn't as good as many seem to think he is . They would have traded him if someone was willing to overpay , Matt Cassel style , because they needed draft picks .  That was before the injury though . Now they have to keep him.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#78 : January 07, 2013, 05:03:05 PM

We need to bring in Flynn or Alex Smith...IF they are willing to be a back up and compete for the starting position.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 07, 2013, 05:04:12 PM

FLynn is a garbage can. 1 game wonder.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#80 : January 07, 2013, 05:06:34 PM

Flynn or Alex Smith over Freeman??? Come on guys, let's get real...

Trade Freeman to the Chiefs so we can be set back  for years AGAIN? smh

Thanks for the sig Java!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#81 : January 07, 2013, 05:07:59 PM

No option has looked good. We will most likely ride it out with Freeman until we find better. Which could take until the 2014 offseason. Hopefully Freeman is doing what the Freepologists have hoped. Learn and get better from his mistakes and they go and improve the defense as well. I still say that if they get into the playoffs and are hot, they can win it all. I know thats wierd to say because they have been so inconsistent but that was this years team. Next years team could be different. At least in my eyes it could be. Wishful thinking or not, its possible. Thats enough for me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#82 : January 07, 2013, 05:08:17 PM

id take either of those guys if they came with the 1st and 34th overall picks in the draft. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 07, 2013, 05:09:46 PM

id take either of those guys if they came with the 1st and 34th overall picks in the draft.

I think that deal is unlikely to happen. We want to rid of Freeman and were expecting a team to give their 1st and second round picks?? Think about how absurd that sounds to KC fans no... to Andy Reid and his GM. Beyond absurd.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#84 : January 07, 2013, 05:10:49 PM

Cousins isn't as good as many seem to think he is . They would have traded him if someone was willing to overpay , Matt Cassel style , because they needed draft picks .  That was before the injury though . Now they have to keep him.

Before the latest injury, you mean.  Because you already made your "garantee" that Cousins was going to be traded after Griffin was injured twice, the head and knee:

Washington isn't trading Cousins.  He's too valuable for when RGIII is on the sidelines.  Give it up.

I garantee they trade him . They need draft picks , and teams rarely keep backup QB's who have 1st round trade value. They have other needs.

And now you're running from that "garantee" you made two whole weeks ago.  That's to be expected.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#85 : January 07, 2013, 05:18:50 PM

I think that deal is unlikely to happen. We want to rid of Freeman and were expecting a team to give their 1st and second round picks?? Think about how absurd that sounds to KC fans no... to Andy Reid and his GM. Beyond absurd.

who knows?  while fans have grown weary of freemans ups&downs, i think its very possible that reid still sees greatness.  KC fans saw freeman throw for 4 TD's and 350 against them in a beatdown?  they might be salivating for the hometown boy.  he would certainly create a buzz for them.  maybe reid thinks he can "fix" free just as he did with vick.

i do agree its unlikely to happen, but i dont believe its absurd.  us giving up pick #13 and freeman would be absurd imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#86 : January 07, 2013, 05:19:50 PM

Its amazing how doloris knows as fact that guys like cousins and flynn are "garbage cans" when they have played so little and looked good. Its truly amazing.

Draft Aaron Donald

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#87 : January 07, 2013, 05:24:04 PM

Keep Freeman. Draft someone to rush the passer and go corner 2nd round. Hopefully one of the star pass rushers fall to #13.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#88 : January 07, 2013, 05:24:41 PM

If the trade proposal is Freeman + #43 for #1 then you're damn right I do it. You can grab your franchise tackle in Joeckel with the 1st overall pick (or a great pass rusher in Jarvis Jones) then possibly have your choice between Geno, Barkley and Tyler Wilson with #13. Then you sign Alex Smith in free agency to be your quarterback for the next year or so, and then try and keep him on to have a great backup in the long-run. The CB class in this class is pretty crappy to begin with so it wouldn't even be great value to draft a corner in the first two rounds. This is a lot better plan than just sitting on our hands and seeing if Freeman turns out to somehow not be his usual inconsistent, innacurate self in his contract year next year, and drafting BPA at #13 (or reaching for a CB or TE).

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#89 : January 07, 2013, 05:30:52 PM

I can't wait for several months down the road, when Dominik is crucified on this board for turning down this "deal" just like Allen was with the supposed "deal" for Larry Johnson, which went from shaky rumor to dead-certain fact once things went south with the Bucs.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools