Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#90 : January 07, 2013, 05:43:27 PM

If this does happen Freeman will join the others who have left the Bucs only to go on and WIN A SUPERBOWL. DON'T DO IT COACH PLLLLEAAAAAS!!!

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#91 : January 07, 2013, 05:46:45 PM

This would be interesting. I dont see it happening but it would be interesting. Would make some people happy here thats for sure.

But for how long? i mean how long until people realize a QB better than Freeman is not so easy to come by.

But those people probable like to complain no matter what, atleast until this TEAM does not get better results. Then we will talk about how bad Schiano is, how our offense actually regresses compared to 2012 when he still had Freeman, how bad Dom sucks as a GM, since he can not get us into POs etc....
So i guess you are right, those people will still be 'happy', the NFL is about entertainment, aslong there is blood, a scape goat to put the blame on, it does not matter how good your team plays. Should the team surprisingly have some success, they will be happy too, thinking they were right lobbying for chance for so long.

So put Freeman and Schiano in the pillory, let them throw some eggs and tomatoes, this atleast pleases the mass. Football never was about winning, give 'em what the want. Improving this team is harder anyway, why even try?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#92 : January 07, 2013, 05:52:01 PM

If this does happen Freeman will join the others who have left the Bucs only to go on and WIN A SUPERBOWL. DON'T DO IT COACH PLLLLEAAAAAS!!!

Unless its for the draft after this one, it really would be a bonehead move.I'm confident that with a knowledgeable and experianced staff, freeman would excel.

Signing Raheem and Schiano did absolutely nothing to help Freeman's growth or transitions to the NFL level. Starting him out with rah and Olson might have already ruined him.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#93 : January 07, 2013, 05:54:59 PM

or possibly he can join the even longer list of Buccaneer QBs that they kept and they never sniffed the playoffs and Super Bowl

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#94 : January 07, 2013, 05:58:11 PM

I think the fact that there is even background noise about this says Schiano isn't sold on Freeman. Pair it with the fact that they aren't doing an extension, and now this rumor, really seems interesting.

Just like Rah, Schiano has to hitch himself to a horse. Even if Freeman isn't traded this year, I think it will take a good showing next year for Schiano to stay hitched to Freeman. It might not be "All about 5" anymore...
Background noise and S are not related at all.  Rumors and such do not necessarily tie in to what the coach is really feeling.

But Freeman's failure is not going to be related to the coach, so there is no attachment to Gosh at all.  Free is completely replaceable in the eyes of S.  And I am certain S is not sold on Freeman as being untouchable.  He didn't inherit Peyton Manning.

It might "be all about 5".  It just might be a different cat wearing that jersey though.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#95 : January 07, 2013, 06:05:49 PM

Did you just call him "Gosh"? Cute. (giggle, giggle)

Side note: i just received my Josh Freeman throwback jersey from eBay, Reebok, $25 free shipping..... i like it... hopefully he can straighten his ship.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#96 : January 07, 2013, 06:16:52 PM

I would do a trade as long as it involved a swap of the first rounders, and the Chefs second round pick for Gosh. 

I would utilize the second rounder as a flex pick. 

With the first, I would have to think QB, but not sure which one is the right man for the job.  But relieving Gosh of his duties in Tampa demands the first pick be a QB, unless they swing a deal for a guy like Mallett, or Cousins, or whomever has a big arm before the draft and with the first pick take BPA, most likely a LT, which would sit fine with me.  Perhaps Penn can become trade bait as well? Snap up a second rounder for him most likely...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#97 : January 07, 2013, 06:27:21 PM

I can't wait for several months down the road, when Dominik is crucified on this board for turning down this "deal" just like Allen was with the supposed "deal" for Larry Johnson, which went from shaky rumor to dead-certain fact once things went south with the Bucs.
For the record as of right now I'm not putting any belief in this Freeman/Kansas City trade rumor, but I'm pretty positive the Larry Johnson/Keenan McCardell trade was a real thing that almost really happened.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#98 : January 07, 2013, 06:28:48 PM

Its not all about 5 and it never should have been about 5. Unless you get a QB whos like Brees, Brady, Rodgers it should be about the team and not only the QB. If the Bucs do want to have Freeman here they need to build a solid team around him. One with weapons, one with a solid defense and special teams. If you dont have a QB like Brady, Brees, or Rodgers, you better have a solid team to back the guy up or you wont go very far.

This post is wrong on so many levels. They have given Freeman weapons. I would say Freeman has more weapons than RG3 and Luck during "this" season. As for the defense no one could have predicted the fallout in the secondary. Nor could they have predicted we would go worst to first in rush defense.
So the Bucs should have had better than the #9 total offense?

Stats don't tell the whole story.  Easier to complete passes that go for big plays that pad your stats when it doesn't matter than having to make a sustained drive late in the game when the pressure is on like all the good ones do.
What do you mean "when it doesn't matter"? The Bucs have been one of the most competitive teams in the NFL this season. They had a chance to win every game but one.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#99 : January 07, 2013, 06:56:06 PM

Cousins isn't as good as many seem to think he is . They would have traded him if someone was willing to overpay , Matt Cassel style , because they needed draft picks .  That was before the injury though . Now they have to keep him.

Before the latest injury, you mean.  Because you already made your "garantee" that Cousins was going to be traded after Griffin was injured twice, the head and knee:

Washington isn't trading Cousins.  He's too valuable for when RGIII is on the sidelines.  Give it up.

I garantee they trade him . They need draft picks , and teams rarely keep backup QB's who have 1st round trade value. They have other needs.

And now you're running from that "garantee" you made two whole weeks ago.  That's to be expected.

The difference being the injury RGIII now has sounds serious enough to linger into next season. Calm down , simpy , it's common sense .

Cousins also did not help his stock by taking a shat on himself when he did get into the game yesterday. Going 3for10 with a fumble.
: January 07, 2013, 06:57:50 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#100 : January 07, 2013, 07:01:04 PM

The OP isn't exact about the "swapping" of the draft picks. I would suspect that Freeman is worth a late 1st, or 2nd round pick. So, if we are talking trading him and pick #13 to move up to #1 overall, that makes sense. If Josh Freeman were worth a #1 overall pick then KC would have to throw in their second rounder as well, or their 1st rounder next year. I don't believe this is the case.

Does it make sense? Not really. Not for the Bucs anyway. The reason why is because #5 shows potential to be great. Ordinary QB's don't throw 4 td's in three consecutive weeks. But at the same time, he is not a finished product. He is not great yet. Does it make sense for KC? Hell yes it does. Andy Reid is one of the best working with QB's and he probably could do more with Freeman in a few years than Schiano and Co. ever could. Honestly, Andy Reid is the guy who could do it if anyone could. It would not surprise me in the least if Reid was coveting Freeman.

I don't think it's a good idea.....looking at this years draft. I think a better approach for this coaching staff is to develop the player. It's real easy to get rid of a player and say he wasn't any good. It's much harder to develop a young player. IMO if you have an NFL QB who clearly has the potential to be great, and the coach wants to get rid of him.......look closer at the coach. Why would you do this unless the coaching staff is basically admitting they can't develop him. If that's the case, don't draft a QB, get a veteran who doesn't need any coaching.

Alex Smith? He is a better fit in Reid's offense than Freeman is. Freeman may be Reid's second choice.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#101 : January 07, 2013, 07:07:13 PM

Its amazing how doloris knows as fact that guys like cousins and flynn are "garbage cans" when they have played so little and looked good. Its truly amazing.
I didn't say Cousins was a garbage can , I said Cousins isn't as good as a lot of people on this board think he is.

Flynn does suck . You don't know because you just aren't on my level yet with the talent eval. LIke when I tried to tell you Blount sucks and you wouldn't listen.

Keep working at it , you'll get there.  :P

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#102 : January 07, 2013, 07:40:30 PM

Geno would be the best option at QB. I can't really think of who else can logically replace Free this year. Finding an under the radar gem ala Russel Wilson would be the best thing...but who?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#103 : January 07, 2013, 07:50:04 PM

Geno pretty much has the same flaws as Freeman

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#104 : January 07, 2013, 07:52:34 PM

Geno would be the best option at QB. I can't really think of who else can logically replace Free this year. Finding an under the radar gem ala Russel Wilson would be the best thing...but who?

4 out of 5 rookie starters led their teams to the same or better record as Freeman (and no one thought Tannehill and Wilson were all that special going into the draft) but even if you think the rookie will set us back so what? The theory on replacing Freeman is that he's a guy who will forever have your team hovering around 8-8. I'm 100% unconcerned with being 6-10 rather than 8-8 if it means getting someone who can lead us further in the future.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools