Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 07, 2013, 03:02:09 PM

This would be interesting. I dont see it happening but it would be interesting. Would make some people happy here thats for sure.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 07, 2013, 03:05:54 PM

Geno Smith isn't worth the 1st pick overall.

If you are going to trade up there might as well get the franchise LT and go with Luke Joeckel. Penn doesn't have many years left.

Then we have no QB though . Not sure the move makes us a better team .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#47 : January 07, 2013, 03:06:53 PM

I think the fact that there is even background noise about this says Schiano isn't sold on Freeman. Pair it with the fact that they aren't doing an extension, and now this rumor, really seems interesting.

Just like Rah, Schiano has to hitch himself to a horse. Even if Freeman isn't traded this year, I think it will take a good showing next year for Schiano to stay hitched to Freeman. It might not be "All about 5" anymore...

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 07, 2013, 03:12:00 PM

Its not all about 5 and it never should have been about 5. Unless you get a QB whos like Brees, Brady, Rodgers it should be about the team and not only the QB. If the Bucs do want to have Freeman here they need to build a solid team around him. One with weapons, one with a solid defense and special teams. If you dont have a QB like Brady, Brees, or Rodgers, you better have a solid team to back the guy up or you wont go very far.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#49 : January 07, 2013, 03:14:58 PM

Freeman + #13 for the #1 overall pick would be a terrible deal. To take who? Geno? Please. My lord Geno looked awful in that bowl game.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 07, 2013, 03:28:22 PM

There's no way theres any truth behind that tweet. Just fan speculations.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#51 : January 07, 2013, 03:29:59 PM

Freeman + #13 for the #1 overall pick would be a terrible deal. To take who? Geno? Please. My lord Geno looked awful in that bowl game.

of course it would.  but freeman +5th rounder for their 1st and 2nd picks would be a great deal.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Madman

Hall of Famer
#52 : January 07, 2013, 03:38:54 PM

There's no way theres any truth behind that tweet. Just fan speculations.

Mah sources at @NFLdraftmonster say it's a done deal.  ;D

crazybucfan67

Rookie
#53 : January 07, 2013, 03:41:51 PM

I had been thinking about this same thing over the past weekend although I was more focused on the 2nd round pick. After thinking about it more today I would almost wonder if maybe a three way with Tampa/KC/Washingon would work. My first thought was to send Freeman to KC for their second round pick (#34) and then we would be at #13, 34, 45. We could then sign Alex Smith and with one of those second rounders could pick up a QB to mold. Looking at the stats of Alex Smith, Josh Freeman and Matt Cassel they are all similar and Smith and Cassel would be cheaper. Maybe KC would give up Cassel in a deal as well. Who knows?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 07, 2013, 03:42:03 PM

lol mah sources. Cant wait for that guy to give us his best come March.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#55 : January 07, 2013, 03:58:48 PM

Is it too early to start hoping for Clowney in 2014?

cryptfiend

Starter

#56 : January 07, 2013, 04:03:54 PM

so...i know this is a bit ridiculous...but could the thinking be this:

Freeman + 13 for 1 (and maybe a third)

1 for someone elses later 1st round pick this year and 1st round pick next year (someone who we believe will have a high first round pick)

Alex Smith to QB for this upcoming year.

1 from someone else + 1 from us = number 1 overall next year = johnny football?  Also, with the later number 1 pick we get this year (maybe in the 20's) we still get a corner (none of the corners are really worth 13 overall...and this is just a creative way of trading back).

i mean...thats a lot of 'ifs'...but...it might work out

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#57 : January 07, 2013, 04:08:46 PM

Schiano may be wanting to blow this thing up again. Starting with the QB.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#58 : January 07, 2013, 04:11:13 PM

1 for someone elses later 1st round pick this year and 1st round pick next year (someone who we believe will have a high first round pick)

1 from someone else + 1 from us = number 1 overall next year = johnny football?  Also, with the later number 1 pick we get this year (maybe in the 20's) we still get a corner (none of the corners are really worth 13 overall...and this is just a creative way of trading back).

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

cryptfiend

Starter

#59 : January 07, 2013, 04:14:53 PM

haha, yeah.  i said it was ridiculous
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools