Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : January 07, 2013, 04:16:15 PM

If there was a QB to take at #1 then sure....but there isn't. So what would we do at QB in 2013? I wouldn't even want the number one pick this year.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#61 : January 07, 2013, 04:19:44 PM

Its not all about 5 and it never should have been about 5. Unless you get a QB whos like Brees, Brady, Rodgers it should be about the team and not only the QB. If the Bucs do want to have Freeman here they need to build a solid team around him. One with weapons, one with a solid defense and special teams. If you dont have a QB like Brady, Brees, or Rodgers, you better have a solid team to back the guy up or you wont go very far.

This post is wrong on so many levels. They have given Freeman weapons. I would say Freeman has more weapons than RG3 and Luck during "this" season. As for the defense no one could have predicted the fallout in the secondary. Nor could they have predicted we would go worst to first in rush defense.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#62 : January 07, 2013, 04:22:00 PM

Yes please, this trade + signing Joe Flacco = win.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#63 : January 07, 2013, 04:22:27 PM

If there was a QB to take at #1 then sure....but there isn't. So what would we do at QB in 2013? I wouldn't even want the number one pick this year.

What about Washington's backup K. Cousins?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#64 : January 07, 2013, 04:28:29 PM

Its not all about 5 and it never should have been about 5. Unless you get a QB whos like Brees, Brady, Rodgers it should be about the team and not only the QB. If the Bucs do want to have Freeman here they need to build a solid team around him. One with weapons, one with a solid defense and special teams. If you dont have a QB like Brady, Brees, or Rodgers, you better have a solid team to back the guy up or you wont go very far.

This post is wrong on so many levels. They have given Freeman weapons. I would say Freeman has more weapons than RG3 and Luck during "this" season. As for the defense no one could have predicted the fallout in the secondary. Nor could they have predicted we would go worst to first in rush defense.

I never said they didnt give him weapons. I said thats part of the process for a guy whos not a Brady, Brees, or Rodgers. You have to give him weapons and a solid team around him. If you dont then your team is likely to suck. Thats the way you win with a QB like Freeman. You put a good to great team around him and he will flourish. He will still look bad at times. Hes not Brady, Brees, or Rodgers remember. But you put a good team around a QB hes likely to look better than he is and doesnt have to play the role of its all about me and what I do. Ive said it from the beginning. Its a team game. As much as fans want it to be about the QB and HC or DC its on everybody doing their jobs together. **CENSORED**, even if you have a Brady, Brees, or Rodgers you still have to have that solid team surrounding if you want a chance at the Super Bowl.
: January 07, 2013, 04:30:39 PM BucBalla85

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#65 : January 07, 2013, 04:35:47 PM

So the Bucs should have had better than the #9 total offense?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#66 : January 07, 2013, 04:38:52 PM

If we made this trade, does anyone think that there is any possibility that Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson fall close enough for us to go and get with our second pick?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#67 : January 07, 2013, 04:39:28 PM

With RG3s 2013 in question, there is no way they trade Cousins. He is pretty much the starter now until RG3 can prove he is fully recovered.

DailyRich68

Starter
#68 : January 07, 2013, 04:39:45 PM

After that game yesterday, there's no way the Redskins let Cousins go.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#69 : January 07, 2013, 04:41:07 PM

With RG3s 2013 in question, there is no way they trade Cousins. He is pretty much the starter now until RG3 can prove he is fully recovered.
True

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#70 : January 07, 2013, 04:41:16 PM

The trade makes no sense to me. Id take thier 2nd rounder straight up for Freeman though. Turn around and trade it for Mallett or Flynn and cross your fingers.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#71 : January 07, 2013, 04:41:46 PM

After that game yesterday, there's no way the Redskins let Cousins go.

why would the Redskins let him go via trade? Looks like he's going to be a valuable member of their team - Buc fans just think any player on any team is available for their taking.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 07, 2013, 04:42:20 PM

Alex Smith wasn't playing badly at all when Colin replaced him so in my mind he'd be the best trade.  There aren't any great QBs in the 2013 ddraft for us,  I don't like Johnny football for the NFL.  Did you see how small he is.  I love watching him play.  Its so much damn fun, but as I watch him I try to see him playing in the NFL.  Unless you build your offense around him with the Guards, WRs, TEs and RBs all taking turns running a convoy for him like they do at A & M, it wouldn't work.  He sure is accurate when he throws.  But he isn't likely to come out until his JR. year if then.  So that's 2 more  years of playing.  I'm not sure that's something you can plan for....unless you ;are Bill Bellickick.lol.  I say keep Freeman until we find a great draft pick or one of the elite guys  or maybe even one of the really good guys becomes available.  Eli may have worn his arm out ala Brad Johnson.i  Who else is good?  Flacco, not Romo, not Cutler, not Weedon, not Ponder, or Sanchez and so on....Is there potential in the 2014 Class?  Cause I have no idea about that.  If you wait for a really good guy, you can then keep Freeman as a backup......

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#73 : January 07, 2013, 04:44:29 PM

Alex Smith was replaced becuase he is the 49ers version of Freeman. No way I wanna see him here.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#74 : January 07, 2013, 04:51:21 PM

Alex Smith was replaced becuase he is the 49ers version of Freeman. No way I wanna see him here.

Just curious because I didn't watch many 49ers games this year, but how many 4 int games did Alex Smith have this year?
What was the record with Alex Smith before he went out with a concussion and was replaced by Colin Kapernick?
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools