Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#165 : January 08, 2013, 11:26:05 AM

Has anyone checked the KC board to see if this conversation is continuing over there, or is it just frustrated Buc fans, hoping we can be the next team to cash in on the "ok QB megadeal"?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#166 : January 08, 2013, 11:37:26 AM

lol I doubt they are talking about Freeman. Im sure they are discussing who they want at number 1. Not the best year to be number one overall.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#167 : January 08, 2013, 11:43:49 AM

Maybe I didn't check the right boards, but while they are talking about QBs for Reid, I saw only a little bit about Freeman.  Fans at least aren't ready to trade away too much for him.  I am actually surprised this thread has unraveled so far, but I guess that's what we do in January while the Bucs are on the golf course...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#168 : January 08, 2013, 11:48:41 AM

Yup. Things will only get slower too. Expect more of this leading up to the draft.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#169 : January 08, 2013, 12:14:19 PM

Has anyone checked the KC board to see if this conversation is continuing over there, or is it just frustrated Buc fans, hoping we can be the next team to cash in on the "ok QB megadeal"?

I only saw one thread on Freeman about us not extending their contract. Some fans are welcoming him because he is a local there. The thread has gone 10 pages.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268578

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#170 : January 08, 2013, 12:46:30 PM

Well, fans don't make the decisions, and that is probably a good thing, but I just don't see this fantasy playing out.  Not for some on here, who want Freeman out, but only for a king's ransom.  Nor for some of those Chefs fans who only want Freeman if it's for a mid-round pick.

If we dump Free, the price better be right.  Otherwise, let's roll with him in 2013, with better backup, and see how he does in a contract year.  Time to sh!t or get off the pot.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#171 : January 08, 2013, 01:03:04 PM

Well, fans don't make the decisions, and that is probably a good thing, but I just don't see this fantasy playing out.  Not for some on here, who want Freeman out, but only for a king's ransom.  Nor for some of those Chefs fans who only want Freeman if it's for a mid-round pick.

If we dump Free, the price better be right.  Otherwise, let's roll with him in 2013, with better backup, and see how he does in a contract year.  Time to sh!t or get off the pot.

It wont matter what people on here say. Freeman will likely be our starter next year whether some like it or not. Since we are fans of this team, we should hope Freeman gets his head out of his ass and plays like he is capable of doing. Which is pretty damn good when he wants to be. Hopefully it clicks for him this offseason and into next season.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#172 : January 08, 2013, 01:16:18 PM

It wont matter what people on here say. Freeman will likely be our starter next year whether some like it or not. Since we are fans of this team, we should hope Freeman gets his head out of his ass and plays like he is capable of doing. Which is pretty damn good when he wants to be. Hopefully it clicks for him this offseason and into next season.

We know Java will be rooting against the Bucs from game 1 to game 16 next season.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#173 : January 08, 2013, 01:18:12 PM

That Chiefs defense with Hali, Poe, Derrick Williams, Justin Houston and Allen Bailey in the front 7...and Berry, Flowers and Arenas in the secondary is pretty damn good and I guarantee will perform at a high level with Reid coaching the team this year. Then you have a solid offensive line with one of the best RB's in the league in Charles, an explosive Harvin-like weapon in McCluster, a solid tight end when he comes back this year and some cash to throw at Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. If they trade for Freeman I bet they make the playoffs next year and are the team nobody wants to get matched up against. With that being said, if we can trade Freeman and our 2nd rounder for the #1 pick I'd still do it. Geno Smith is pretty damn accurate and has the quick twitch decision making ability that Freeman doesn't possess and probably never will. He's also a leader and put up a hell of a lot better numbers than Freeman did in college. I just really like the kid and think his flaws are a lot more coachable than Freeman's accuracy, pocket awareness, fire and leadership issues that will probably never be fixed.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#174 : January 08, 2013, 01:25:43 PM

We know Java will be rooting against the Bucs from game 1 to game 16 next season.

Doesnt and never will matter what that doofus says. Hes just here to annoy some people. Dont let him bring ya down.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#175 : January 08, 2013, 01:46:58 PM

That Chiefs defense with Hali, Poe, Derrick Williams, Justin Houston and Allen Bailey in the front 7...and Berry, Flowers and Arenas in the secondary is pretty damn good and I guarantee will perform at a high level with Reid coaching the team this year. Then you have a solid offensive line with one of the best RB's in the league in Charles, an explosive Harvin-like weapon in McCluster, a solid tight end when he comes back this year and some cash to throw at Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. If they trade for Freeman I bet they make the playoffs next year and are the team nobody wants to get matched up against. With that being said, if we can trade Freeman and our 2nd rounder for the #1 pick I'd still do it. Geno Smith is pretty damn accurate and has the quick twitch decision making ability that Freeman doesn't possess and probably never will. He's also a leader and put up a hell of a lot better numbers than Freeman did in college. I just really like the kid and think his flaws are a lot more coachable than Freeman's accuracy, pocket awareness, fire and leadership issues that will probably never be fixed.

You throw a lot of names out there, but the fact is that the Chiefs were arguably the worst team in the NFL last year, and got the doors blown off them by a Buc team half the board seems to hate right now. All these "weapons" resulted in Football Outsiders ranking them 32 overall, 31st on O, and 30th on D.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#176 : January 08, 2013, 01:54:59 PM

With Smith, I think coaching was a huge issue.  People here are quick to throw Smith under the bus... yet those same people are giving excuses for Freeman that are the exact same issues Smith had to deal with.  Before Harbaugh, Smith had 2 different head coaches and 5 different OC's in 6 seasons.  Keep in mind too, that the two defensive-minded head coaches that preceeded Harbaugh, had worse defenses than Harbaugh.

So maybe those "excuses" are valid?

If so, then there should be a lot less Alex Smith bashing.  You can't say on one hand that Alex Smith stinks and give Freeman excuses as to why he'll be great if they both failed to live up to expectations for essentially the same reason.  I've said if for years, you need the right coach and right QB or it's all wrong.  If you have the right QB, he won't maximize his potential with the wrong coach.  If you have the wrong QB, your coach won't maximize the teams potential.  I firmly believe that you need an offensive minded coach with a new QB.  The Bucs have gone after consecutive defensive minded coaches and it's not really working.  If Freeman is the answer, we won't know until after Schiano is fired and a new coach is brought in.  Freeman might very well be Alex Smith 2.0 and we'll be waiting another 2 or 3 more years for him to actually improve.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#177 : January 08, 2013, 02:01:09 PM

With Smith, I think coaching was a huge issue.  People here are quick to throw Smith under the bus... yet those same people are giving excuses for Freeman that are the exact same issues Smith had to deal with.  Before Harbaugh, Smith had 2 different head coaches and 5 different OC's in 6 seasons.  Keep in mind too, that the two defensive-minded head coaches that preceeded Harbaugh, had worse defenses than Harbaugh.

If so, then there should be a lot less Alex Smith bashing.  You can't say on one hand that Alex Smith stinks and give Freeman excuses as to why he'll be great if they both failed to live up to expectations for essentially the same reason.  I've said if for years, you need the right coach and right QB or it's all wrong.  If you have the right QB, he won't maximize his potential with the wrong coach.  If you have the wrong QB, your coach won't maximize the teams potential.  I firmly believe that you need an offensive minded coach with a new QB.  The Bucs have gone after consecutive defensive minded coaches and it's not really working.  If Freeman is the answer, we won't know until after Schiano is fired and a new coach is brought in.  Freeman might very well be Alex Smith 2.0 and we'll be waiting another 2 or 3 more years for him to actually improve.

I dont agree with your thinking here but I do think if Alex Smith can turn his game around like that Freeman can too. Its not dependent on the coach. Its the player. Its all on Freeman to get this thing fixed up and learn from his mistakes. I believe he can do that and I also believe Schiano can get it right too.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#178 : January 08, 2013, 02:08:29 PM

I dont agree with your thinking here but I do think if Alex Smith can turn his game around like that Freeman can too. Its not dependent on the coach. Its the player. Its all on Freeman to get this thing fixed up and learn from his mistakes. I believe he can do that and I also believe Schiano can get it right too.

We simply have a difference in philosphy then.  It's possible that you have, but I've never seen a great QB develop under a bad head coach.  I've seen QB's perform under some coaches, change scenary and stink.  I think a coach is more important than the player, though... only slightly, but more none-the-less.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#179 : January 08, 2013, 02:11:07 PM

Its more a difference in that you think Schiano is a bad coach. I still think he could be our next great one if he learns some things from this year.
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools