Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15

spurzo

Second String

#180 : January 08, 2013, 02:53:03 PM

Freeman is still young, has alot of the necessary qb skills, including a cannon for an arm, ran one of the league's top offences and you want to trade him for the top pick in a down draft year with no good qb's or consensus top player.... Morons

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#181 : January 08, 2013, 03:12:29 PM

Its more a difference in that you think Schiano is a bad coach. I still think he could be our next great one if he learns some things from this year.

I'm more on the side of Schiano being the wrong coach... not necessarily a bad coach.  That being said, like I said with Morris... I'm very skeptical about his long term prospects.

ehinote

Starter
#182 : January 08, 2013, 03:46:50 PM

Its more a difference in that you think Schiano is a bad coach. I still think he could be our next great one if he learns some things from this year.

I'm more on the side of Schiano being the wrong coach... not necessarily a bad coach.  That being said, like I said with Morris... I'm very skeptical about his long term prospects.

What?  You know your a trainwreck of a QB when everyone around you gets fired or moves on to another team while you remain and never are able to get over the hump.  Schiano is an excellent coach.  Sullivan is an excellent coach who will be a head coach in the next 3 years.  It's not their fault if Freeman never gets it. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#183 : January 08, 2013, 04:28:17 PM

I think bringing in Alex Smith would be a good idea if this were to happen. He'd have good WRs, a solid run game, an OL with 3 pro bowlers and a competent OC. Then pick up a CB in free agency, draft Bjorn Werner or Star Lotulelei in round 1, a CB in round 2, a QB in round 3. The rest of the draft pick up more CBs and OL depth.

Still not sold on letting Freeman go, but if we did I wouldn't mind that scenario.

While I think Smith would be a slight to moderate upgrade to Freeman, he's still a stop-gap.  I'd rather be rolling the dice on a guy with a decent chance to become great. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#184 : January 08, 2013, 05:10:52 PM

In Madden, I drafted a QB in the first and started him, but also kept Freeman. In week six, the Chiefs offered me their 2nd round pick for him! I lol'd......and traded his ass! Madden>Reality

CanadianBuc

Starter
#185 : January 08, 2013, 07:12:45 PM

I really doubt that that is true. I just don't think that they are ready to give up on him yet. The Bucs also wouldn't trade him for the number 1 spot because there are NO good QB's in the draft.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#186 : January 08, 2013, 10:57:22 PM

Freeman is still young, has alot of the necessary qb skills, including a cannon for an arm, ran one of the league's top offences and you want to trade him for the top pick in a down draft year with no good qb's or consensus top player.... Morons

Define "one of the league's top offences" (btw, what is an 'offence?').

They were 13th in PPG...pretty sure that doesn't fall into the "top" category. Moron

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#187 : January 08, 2013, 11:11:43 PM

Please stop with the 'he is still young' thing too. He has 56 games under his belt. That is the relevant number, not his age. Can he still become a star? Yes. Bradshaw had the light go on at the end of his fifth season. But I hope most of us agree that if it doesn't happen soon, it's not going to happen.

In Verner We Trust

spurzo

Second String

#188 : January 09, 2013, 03:56:11 AM

So who's gonna quarterback the team???  Alex Smith, Geno Smith, Barkley, Mike Vick? Not a chance.  There aren't many good qb's in the league.  Russell Wilson is the exception not the rule you can't magically find them.  There's no good qb's in this draft and if there was you've gotta trade two arms and two legs for them.  Peyton Manning in his fourth year (2001) threw for 4131 yds, 26tds and 23ints, Freeman this year (his fourth) 4035 yds, 27tds and 17ints.  In the end we can continue to argue on this site but the truth of the matter is he's not going anywhere.  He'll be the qb here next for sure and probably for many more after that, I'm fine with that.   

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#189 : January 09, 2013, 04:05:59 AM

So who's gonna quarterback the team???  Alex Smith, Geno Smith, Barkley, Mike Vick? Not a chance.  There aren't many good qb's in the league.  Russell Wilson is the exception not the rule you can't magically find them.  There's no good qb's in this draft and if there was you've gotta trade two arms and two legs for them.  Peyton Manning in his fourth year (2001) threw for 4131 yds, 26tds and 23ints, Freeman this year (his fourth) 4035 yds, 27tds and 17ints.  In the end we can continue to argue on this site but the truth of the matter is he's not going anywhere.  He'll be the qb here next for sure and probably for many more after that, I'm fine with that.

I think Barkley might be alright in the NFL.

Idk about great (or better than freeman for that matter), because he's already been through some tough injuries and there has been some complaining about his throwing arm strength.

But until they shore up this pass defense, at least to average levels, I really don't want to hear how badly freeman sucks and who we should kick him for (when he's breaking records). We know with freeman the light comes on once in awhile. With the others, especially in this draft, we don't know what to expect. Unless we wait it out, or can somehow magically pull a manning out of a hat, I'm not interested.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#190 : January 09, 2013, 08:10:55 AM

Freeman is still young, has alot of the necessary qb skills, including a cannon for an arm.....

Lost your credibility right there. A cannon arm isn't even in the top 5 for what a great QB needs.....and you are calling other people morons?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#191 : January 09, 2013, 08:14:31 AM

I don't normally judge players by the school they attend, but I don't think I'd ever draft a USC quarterback. Sanchez, Rob Johnson, Matt Lienart, Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, and John David Booty are the cream of the crop when it comes to USC quarterbacks.....pass.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#192 : January 09, 2013, 08:38:44 AM

I don't normally judge players by the school they attend, but I don't think I'd ever draft a USC quarterback. Sanchez, Rob Johnson, Matt Lienart, Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, and John David Booty are the cream of the crop when it comes to USC quarterbacks.....pass.
Hard to argue that!  I feel the same way.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#193 : January 09, 2013, 09:36:39 AM

I don't disagree with your overall point, but I will say, I wouldn't put Palmer in that group.  Fact is, prior to that injury in the playoffs, many thought he was one of the top 3-5 QB's in the league.  Also, even at his age, he still had a pretty decent year this past season and had a lot less talent to work with than most QB's.  If he were in Tampa, I believe the Bucs would have made the playoffs this year.

VTBucs

Second String

#194 : January 09, 2013, 09:44:38 AM

We forgot to add Rodney Peete to those great USC QB's! ;)
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools