Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#75 : March 16, 2013, 03:01:45 AM

I just started watching again this year. i love the offense, it's fantastic, but man... the D needs to step it up and we just plain need a better goalie.

This thread is kind of short. No avid watchers? I've seen every game either live or on Game Center.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#76 : March 16, 2013, 06:41:31 AM

I gave hockey my full attention back in 09/10 - went to a lot of games, even open practices, but can't get interested. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#77 : March 16, 2013, 07:16:27 PM

I love that they brought up all the kids who won the Calder cup last ear. They deserved it. And why not too. In a short season where the team obviously isn't contending for a Stanely Cup why not build for the future. I just feel for Marty St. Louis. I wanted him to have another cup run. They can do it if they make some smart moves at the deadline or next year free agency.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#78 : March 17, 2013, 12:49:05 PM

They played a very energetic game last night - it was good to see.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#79 : March 18, 2013, 09:29:24 PM

I don't like to watch the Lightning on NBC sports - damn announcers are homers to the nth degree - should be waving Flyer pom-poms

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#80 : March 18, 2013, 09:34:22 PM

They were applauding the scoreboard at the start of the 2nd period

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#81 : March 18, 2013, 10:13:39 PM

Well earned victory for the lightning - and screw those announcers

Snook

Hall of Famer

#82 : March 19, 2013, 08:57:28 AM

I just started watching again this year. i love the offense, it's fantastic, but man... the D needs to step it up and we just plain need a better goalie.

This thread is kind of short. No avid watchers? I've seen every game either live or on Game Center.

I live in shizzity Atlanta so I can't go to games but I got Center Ice this season. 

Big win last night.  Hopefully all the young guys can help put us on a late season run....

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#83 : March 20, 2013, 10:36:54 PM

Spot the Leafs 4 goals and then come back with 2 meaningless goals to make the game look closer than it was...wish I could put my finger on what is wrong with this team?  Yzerman?  Boucher?  Players?

You must be accountable for your actions!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#84 : March 21, 2013, 11:03:56 AM

Spot the Leafs 4 goals and then come back with 2 meaningless goals to make the game look closer than it was...wish I could put my finger on what is wrong with this team?  Yzerman?  Boucher?  Players?

I couldnt tell you specifically and I dont want to make excuses but I do think this team is still building to being a consistent winner. They brought all these kids(rookies) up. Their defense is still a mess and the goaltending has not been consistent. I also think their assistants could be changed. I think Boucher is actually a really good coach. He specializes in offense and I think our offense is easily one of the tops in the league. They just dont have anything to help out coaching the other parts. If they brought in some experienced assistants to coach up our D and goaltending the team will do much better. Its a short season I think why not just let these kids play out the rest of the season and then maybe make some moves at the deadline for the future. Thats where this team is going to really make its mark. Its gonna get there. These kids they brought up are going to make this team very very good some day. They ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED at the AHL level. They won some 30 games in a row. Imagine what they will be when they get some experience under their belt at the NHL level. With Stamkos leading it all. They will get there. Right now this just isnt a team ready to consistently compete. I think if they made the playoffs MAYBE they would be able to. It would depend on them and how they showed up. They have the talent. Just not everything is put together at the moment for consistency. We are gonna see this team look really good at times here in the last month of season and were gonna see them look really bad too. This truly is a team on the move up though.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#85 : March 21, 2013, 11:57:43 AM

When one sees how hard the lightning ownership and FO work, and the success of portions of the franchise it gives fans confidence it is on track for success....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#86 : March 21, 2013, 12:05:47 PM

When one sees how hard the lightning ownership and FO work, and the success of portions of the franchise it gives fans confidence it is on track for success....

agreed, there's a lesson in there for the Bucs.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#87 : March 24, 2013, 08:31:50 AM

@wflatampa: BREAKING: Lightning release head coach Guy Boucher effective immediately. Story developing.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#88 : March 24, 2013, 08:47:07 AM

So much for the up-and-coming Bolts.  Stop investing time in the franchise since Tocchet was fired.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#89 : March 24, 2013, 11:35:48 AM

Sounds like I have my answer...very sad...didn't think he was the problem...thought it was Yzerman's choice in goaltending.

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools