Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Stratobuc

Starter
: January 07, 2013, 02:40:41 PM

Thank God they pulled their heads out in time to play a partial season. I'm ready for some Lightning hockey!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 07, 2013, 04:10:39 PM

Me too. They should be a fun team to watch too. Im wondering how many players from Syracuse come up to play. They are continuing their dominance from last year. This team right now is set up for success but the future looks even better. Cant wait until the games start.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 07, 2013, 06:12:41 PM

and me as well

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 07, 2013, 08:27:10 PM

Whats the NHL?

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Stratobuc

Starter
#4 : January 07, 2013, 08:31:14 PM

Beat it, troll.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 07, 2013, 08:34:26 PM

Lived in Tampa for 2 years and I never met anyone who would classify themselves as a Lightning fan.

Im not into yankee sports

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 07, 2013, 10:04:40 PM

Man... This thread is a hit... PR's servers might overheat

People cant wait for hockey season to start

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 08, 2013, 09:31:20 AM

Not trying to be a jerk, but I didn't even know the NHL was on strike. I thought their season started in like February or March.

I only like one NHL team and that is the Lightning........and I really only root for them if they are in the playoffs. Now, I will attend a few of their games annually........just understand, I don't have a friggin clue of what is taking place while I'm at their games. I have too much fandom invested in the Rays and Bucs that being a hardcore fan of some northern sport is just never gonna happen.

The only player I can think of that plays for the Lightning is Puppa, and that's about it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 08, 2013, 01:33:16 PM

Hockey isnt exactly this towns most popular sport but it actually gets a decent crowd every game. TV ratings were at their best last season. Its getting more popular. The lockout hurt and of course you got the local clown media members writing that fans should boycott the first few games. SMH. Anyways, its a great sport and I think more would appreciate it if they watched it more and the media covered it more. Fast, big hits, fights, high scoring. Its a really fun sport to get into if you give it a chance. Its not for everybody but if you give it a chance its a great sport. The lightning are also a very fun team to watch too. Stamkos is a treat to watch. As has Marty St Louis for all these years hes been here. HOF for sure for #26.

Stratobuc

Starter
#9 : January 08, 2013, 10:11:11 PM

Lived in Tampa for 2 years and I never met anyone who would classify themselves as a Lightning fan.

Im not into yankee sports

Thank you for leaving - addition by subtraction at work!

27,000 at a playoff game set the record in '96. Who cares what you like? Go watch a dog show, sheila.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 09, 2013, 07:17:53 AM

Bump this thread whenever you see the puck..

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 09, 2013, 01:41:23 PM

Cant wait for the games to start. I hope they bring up some kids from the AHL team because they have been dominant the last couple of years. Some of those guys deserve a chance and I bet will be solid pros. Its a 50 game season, why not see what these young guys have? They are the future anyways.

Stratobuc

Starter
#12 : January 18, 2013, 04:57:03 PM

Saturday's opener against the Caps - sold out.

Stratobuc

Starter
#13 : January 18, 2013, 05:17:06 PM

Cant wait for the games to start. I hope they bring up some kids from the AHL team because they have been dominant the last couple of years. Some of those guys deserve a chance and I bet will be solid pros. Its a 50 game season, why not see what these young guys have? They are the future anyways.

Because this team expects to reach the playoffs. If you aren't planning on going anywhere - then you bring up minor leaguers.

The team lost 100 season tickets to the lockout, but sold 800 new ones. That's great fan support. Let's Go Lightning!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 18, 2013, 09:09:29 PM

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools