Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 24, 2013, 08:34:49 AM

It had been moved last night and now it's back?

Did somebody move it back?

.....just my opinion

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : January 24, 2013, 08:49:04 AM

Actually tried to buy a few tickets for the season and they're not plentiful.  Sounds like the lockout didn't piss the fans off too much - like other strikes/lockouts in other leagues.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 24, 2013, 11:53:20 AM

Great owner, Great GM, Outstanding off season efforts to improve,  Hmmm - sales are great... not surprising

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 24, 2013, 04:25:05 PM

Great owner, Great GM, Outstanding off season efforts to improve,  Hmmm - sales are great... not surprising

They know how to treat the fans thats for sure. The guys at OBP should really take note of how they do things. If this team is successful this year and going forward it might not be long until this place is a hockey town again.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 24, 2013, 07:01:58 PM

I would offer any pro franchise can look at what Vinik and Co. have accomplished and learn how to run a better franchise

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 26, 2013, 05:05:21 PM

Another good game, had a short period of the game not go well and came right back.  It appears the D needs to settle in and the offense needs to be more direct in getting the puck into the offensive end... and if that happens they will be with the top teams...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 26, 2013, 08:37:44 PM

Still doesn't appear to be much D.  Goalies getting 30+ stops a game, but it makes for some exciting hockey.   I'll be there tomorrow night against the stinking flyers.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 27, 2013, 12:10:42 AM

D is better - what isn't better is the # of turnovers when offensively moving the puck out of their zone - and again when getting into their opponents zone.  Way too many shots coming from those two parts of their game

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 28, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

D is definitely better this year. They just have a better team. Better goaltending, more depth, more experience in the system. I expect playoffs this year and from there anything can happen. Evidence from the last run they had. As long as they stay relatively healthy they will be tough to beat.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 28, 2013, 10:21:54 PM

Have a hard time being much worse than last year.   They were playing D last night for sure and Lindback made a couple great saves.   Vinny's goal at the end of 1st period was sick.  Kicking the Flyer's guy's butt was nice too.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 28, 2013, 10:39:39 PM

You had to have enjoyed the game last evening, nice to see so much improvement moving out of and into zones.  Keeping my fingers crossed - we might have a by damn goalie. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 29, 2013, 12:55:27 AM

You had to have enjoyed the game last evening, nice to see so much improvement moving out of and into zones.  Keeping my fingers crossed - we might have a by damn goalie.

Anytime we can beat a Philly team that bad I'm pretty happy about it. Plus we were sitting next to a couple obnoxious Philly fans. Lindback already looks better than anything we've had besides Roli from a couple of years ago. He covers the net great but he's quick too at 6'6. He's still learning as its his first season as starter. He should get better with time and if the D keeps playing solid in front of him he should be fine. Garon backed him up great in the Carolina game so if he struggles can be solid as well. I like everything about this team this year. Vinny is beasting again and really being that leader the team needs. Stamkos isn't even close to the level he was playing at last year and he's still scoring. Conacher looked so comfortable out there it's like what 2011-12 AHL player of the year award? Always seems first to the puck and has set up a few big goals this year from that hustle. Dudes damn good. Yzerman a done a hell of a job filling this roster. They still have guys down on that AHL team who probably should be playing in the NHL now but the team doesn't need them. Its ok thst they get more experience down there and get a good competition going into training camp next year. It's good now and it should be good in the future. The team is really going in the right direction.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 29, 2013, 08:55:38 PM

I like beating the Panthers as well....

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 30, 2013, 12:57:19 PM

The next 3 games should be tough. They got the Jets coming to town who played well vs us last year. NYR have a tough team and they added Nash over the summer. Then we got an angry Flyers team again. Hoping we can go at least 2-1 out of those 3. They are capable of beating all 3 of them how they are playing right now. Its just too hard to do that in this league. Theyve played great lately. They are due for a stinker soon.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 30, 2013, 04:00:34 PM

I am of the opinion that if they clean up the exit of their zone, and entry in to the other team's defensive zone that we might well be looking at one of the top teams in the league.  Bigger, stronger, faster and more talented is a dream off season.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools