Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#135 : June 30, 2013, 12:16:09 AM

It will be either jones, Drouin, or Barkov are my guesses. The Russian is in the mix too. But my gut says Barkov since he's a two way center. If we still had Vinny I would say Drouin. I want Drouin because he would be the perfect line mate for Stamkos.  He would put people in the stands too.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#136 : June 30, 2013, 09:07:28 PM

You got your pick

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#137 : July 01, 2013, 09:35:29 PM

Yup! I'm really excited about this kid! Kid has some serious talent. Not only does he score goals but he makes everybody around him better. Hes got a very high hockey IQ. He knows where everybody is on the ice. Hustles on every shift. Plays with heart and never gives up. He's going to make Stamkos even better. If Drouin plays on his line this year, Stamkos will probably surpass his best year for for scoring. He's that good. Only Crosby has more points in the Quebec league when it comes to stats prior to coming to the nhl. The kids already really good but the thing is he can get even better. He's still got room to grow but he's a really strong skater already. Basically he's a smaller guy but he's still bigger than Martin St. Louis but he plays just like him.

Scouts compare him to Patrick Kane (Stanley cup MVP) right now but he could be better. I'm more excited about him than I was about Stamkos when he came to the Lightning. We could have taken Jones but SY made the right move to take Drouin. He's ready to play now while Jones may take a couple of years before he's ready to play on a top line in the NHL. Drouin is ready to play with Stamkos now. A lot of scouts had him rated number one and some are even predicting a HOF career. I am tempered with predictions like that but that doesn't change how excited I am that we got him. He's going to put people in the stands because he's that fun to watch.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#138 : July 02, 2013, 07:24:14 AM

we can nickname him: Smurf

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#139 : July 03, 2013, 10:15:34 AM

we can nickname him: Smurf
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22549050/nhl-draft-get-to-know-jonathan-drouin

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#140 : July 03, 2013, 01:25:45 PM

Yup! I'm really excited about this kid!

How do you feel about Vinnie going to those stinkin' Flyers?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#141 : July 03, 2013, 09:34:49 PM

Yup! I'm really excited about this kid!

How do you feel about Vinnie going to those stinkin' Flyers?

Hate it! Out of every team he had to choose the one I hate most. Oh well, he's not worth the 4.5/ year for 5 years. As much as I love Vinny dude has really slowed down. I was expecting somebody to sign him for a couple years at most 3-4 per year but for 5 years is ridiculous. They used both of their compliance buyouts and nobody will trade for him in a couple seasons with that high cap number. So he will likely retire a flyer unless he comes back here and signs a one day contract type deal. Good for him to cash out though.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#142 : July 05, 2013, 08:43:31 PM

Lightning sign C Filppula to 5-year contract - so is this guy any good/worth getting excited about?

http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/lightning-sign-c-filppula-to-5-year-contract-20130705/

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#143 : July 05, 2013, 09:14:22 PM

They overpaid a bit but he is a good player. Brings a two way game and is very good defensively. We lost Vinny who brought offense but we were able to score lots of goals without him last year. We needed somebody who can keep the puck out of our own net. This guys helps in that area. He had career highs in points a couple seasons ago. He wasn't as good last year but SY knows him from his Detroit days. He knows better than any of us do. I think it could be a good signing. We will have to wait and see.  He's young and plays a defensive game is all I know. We need to trade for a DMan if we're going to compete in the tough new division. I think we will be a better team than last year but its a tough division. They are going to have to fight to hang with Boston and Detroit.
: July 05, 2013, 09:17:41 PM BucBalla85

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#144 : July 20, 2013, 05:38:24 AM

Lightning open 2013-14 schedule at Boston, Chicago

http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/lightning-open-2013-14-schedule-at-boston-chicago-20130719/

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#145 : July 25, 2013, 04:36:44 PM

I'm excited for Stamkos and Drouin playing on a line together... whenever it happens!!!

-Chase

Our fans suck!
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools