Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick on Freeman.. ....."Its not accuracy." « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 08, 2013, 12:06:22 AM

Weighing in on Freeman

Posted Jan 7, 2013 at 04:14 PM

BY IRA KAUFMAN

TAMPA

The future of Josh Freeman is a hot-button topic in the Bay area and Brian Billick isnt sure why.

Freeman and the Bucs suffered through a December slump as Tampa Bay finished 7-9 and in last place in the NFC South for the fourth time in the past seven seasons. Freeman has one more year remaining on his rookie contract and Billick, an NFL analyst for Fox, says the Bucs would be foolish to abandon their 24-year-old quarterback.

Id equate Josh to (Pittsburghs) Ben Roethlisberger, Billick said. He can make those plays that you cant script, plays with guys hanging onto him. What hes got to do is be more efficient. Rather than wait for the big play and force it downfield, make the decision earlier. If its not there, take the checkdown. Theres a nuance to that and it will come with experience. Its not accuracy. If that was the issue, Id be concerned. I think its the decision-making process, where hes trying to make big plays all the time.

After an 8-week stretch that saw Freeman throw only three interceptions, he was picked off nine times in the final three games.

Hes got all the tools, Billick said. You put a yes in the check box for size, intelligence, vision, touch, big arm, athletic. Hes got it all. But does it all combine? Does the sum of the parts equal the whole? If youve got your quarterback, and I think they do, the Bucs can go from there. If you dont have one, youre scrambling in the offseason and youre in the bottom half of the curve.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2013, 12:08:24 AM

Vision? Touch? Really Brian, are you just using the Coachspeak Magic 8 ball to form sentences now?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 08, 2013, 12:08:30 AM

Does the sum of the parts equal the whole?

great way to ask the question.  only issue is, after 4 years, we still dont know.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 08, 2013, 12:20:01 AM

Vision? Touch? Really Brian, are you just using the Coachspeak Magic 8 ball to form sentences now?

Clearly, he hasn't watched Freeman play much this year. Vision is an issue.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 08, 2013, 12:22:46 AM

Hell, the only touch Freeman had on some balls this year were when he went under center.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 08, 2013, 12:23:36 AM

Hell, the only touch Freeman had on some balls this year were when he went under center.

Bazinga!

Well done, sir.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 08, 2013, 01:01:07 AM

Watching Russell Wilson, he has an arm on him,  and has a nice touch on the short stuff.  Something Freeman lacks.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 08, 2013, 02:03:35 AM

Billick is just wishing he had Freeman instead of Dilfer. He'd still be HC for the Ravens and have several more rings.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 08, 2013, 06:25:17 AM

I guessed what Billick was going to say before I even read the article after the title.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing..

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : January 08, 2013, 06:29:58 AM

Watching Russell Wilson, he has an arm on him,  and has a nice touch on the short stuff.  Something Freeman lacks.

Yes, and I wanted the Bucs to draft Wilson.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 08, 2013, 09:38:02 AM

Yes, and I wanted the Bucs to draft Wilson.

Me too, but i also wanted Rodgers.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 08, 2013, 03:25:38 PM

Billick is not a coach for a reason and he sure as he'll didn't do anything to make one think he knows the difference between a good QB and Bad one while he was coaching.

ehinote

Starter
#12 : January 08, 2013, 03:39:21 PM

The guy hasn't watched Freeman outside of the games he's done of the Bucs.  That's the problem... anyone that sees this giant QB with a big arm they fall in love with his potential.  Well, give me something more than just "what could become of him" next year or I'll take what's behind door number 2. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 08, 2013, 03:41:44 PM

He blew a few loads in 2010 when watching Freeman, and apparently Freeman still does it for him. Hopefully the FO isn't as blinded as Billick is, when it comes to Freeman.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

McCoy93

Starter

#14 : January 08, 2013, 03:46:04 PM

He blew a few loads in 2010 when watching Freeman, and apparently Freeman still does it for him. Hopefully the FO isn't as blinded as Billick is, when it comes to Freeman.

yes i was gonna say something like that. He did quite a few of Frreman's games in 2010 when he had his breakout season. Games against the bengals and falcons. i'm assuming he is basing his analysis from that year
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick on Freeman.. ....."Its not accuracy." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools