Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper believes the Bucs may have had the league's best draft class « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 08, 2013, 11:18:19 PM

Bottom line is David and Martin played like solid 1st round draft picks, Barron somewhat less so overall. It's the sum of the 3 the article is talking to, not the individual players. Given the Vikings had a far better pass rush and CB play this year, it's not surprising their S looked better than Barron much of the season. Hopefully we get the pieces next seaon to make our D a much more formidable unit...

I'd go with Seattle's draft as the best, especially considering the so-called "experts" questioned their picks in the first few rounds.  Irvin, Wagner and Wilson all look to be perennial pro-bowlers. The arm-chair draft gurus have given Seattle horrible grades on their last couple drafts, but in reality that team has stocked their roster and made themselves into a contender for the next several years.

But with Barron I wouldn't give up on him yet. Given the position he was put in as a rookie in this scheme, there was gonna be a learning curve. Still think the guy is gonna be a stud.

Should be a good game, Seattle getting one point.

Line is up to ATL -2.5 which is somewhat surprising to me. Given Atlanta's recent failures in the playoffs combined w/how well Seattle is playing, I figured the line would've stayed at 1 or possibly moved to a Pick 'em.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 09, 2013, 03:03:46 AM

Bottom line is David and Martin played like solid 1st round draft picks, Barron somewhat less so overall. It's the sum of the 3 the article is talking to, not the individual players. Given the Vikings had a far better pass rush and CB play this year, it's not surprising their S looked better than Barron much of the season. Hopefully we get the pieces next seaon to make our D a much more formidable unit...

I'd go with Seattle's draft as the best, especially considering the so-called "experts" questioned their picks in the first few rounds.  Irvin, Wagner and Wilson all look to be perennial pro-bowlers. The arm-chair draft gurus have given Seattle horrible grades on their last couple drafts, but in reality that team has stocked their roster and made themselves into a contender for the next several years.

But with Barron I wouldn't give up on him yet. Given the position he was put in as a rookie in this scheme, there was gonna be a learning curve. Still think the guy is gonna be a stud.

Line is up to ATL -2.5 which is somewhat surprising to me. Given Atlanta's recent failures in the playoffs combined w/how well Seattle is playing, I figured the line would've stayed at 1 or possibly moved to a Pick 'em.

That is just home field advantage, its basically a pick-em

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 09, 2013, 11:22:14 AM

I get that...just saying that either a lot of people are taking Atlanta or Atlanta is getting a lot of money considering it went from -1 to -2.5.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 09, 2013, 09:47:20 PM

I get that...just saying that either a lot of people are taking Atlanta or Atlanta is getting a lot of money considering it went from -1 to -2.5.

Its kinda funny, I talk to people all the time, and everyone is talking Seahawks, Niners, Pats, Broncos......no one even mentions the Falcons.  And IIRC they arer the #1 seed in the NFC.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiper believes the Bucs may have had the league's best draft class « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools