Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any Manti Te'o fans still out there? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« : January 08, 2013, 08:31:18 AM »

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 08, 2013, 08:48:20 AM »

Te'o is still a stud. Even Ray Lewis looked bad on Baltimore's defense in 2005 before they went and got Ngata (21st rank run D that year). If you're D-Line is getting dominated Linebackers are going to look bad, don't care who you have. Did Te'o have a bad game? Yeah. Still will be a beast though.

Would I want him at 13 though? There are 4 pass rushers and 3 O-Lineman I'd take before him right now.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 08, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »

Stupid post shows little to no understanding of run defense.

There is no LB, in any league, that can consistently fight through a lineman and be in great position to make a tackle on a hog like Lacy.

You need defensive lineman who demand double teams in order to let the LBers be where they need to be to make plays. Look at the difference in the Bucs one year to the next, just with McCoy and Miller being healthy and playing tough all year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 08, 2013, 08:52:34 AM »

Manti who?

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #4 : January 08, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »

Te'o is definitely first round talent.......hard to judge the kid based on his overrated team's embarrassing play in the f$%^in Nat'l Championship Game, a game which they had no business competing in.

Now, is/was he overrated? Absolutely......to think he was a Heisman finalist as a LB when a beast like, say, Patrick Willis, never even got a sliver of a mention for the Heisman is a damn joke. It's the epitome of the 'overrated-ness' that is ND football.

El Diablo

Starter

« #5 : January 08, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »

He had a good year but his numbers are inflated a bit because of some bad QBs he played. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/517633/manti-teo

That being said he will be a serviceable player in the NFL but I don't think great one by any means. He really didn't get after it last night.

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #6 : January 08, 2013, 09:08:37 AM »

He did look bad last night.
That said, I remember Miami making FSU's Derrick Brooks look silly in one game.  Completely out of position.  He turned out OK if I recall correctly.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 08, 2013, 09:14:15 AM »

I didn't read to much into him not being able to shed the blocks of the linemen when they got to him untouched but there was no excuse for all the missed tackles I saw. That had nothing to do with the guys in front.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #8 : January 08, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »

He did look bad last night.
That said, I remember Miami making FSU's Derrick Brooks look silly in one game.  Completely out of position.  He turned out OK if I recall correctly.

Don't you dare compare this cat to Derrick Brooks............. :o

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 08, 2013, 09:31:17 AM »

Did Manti get exposed or was it just a bad game?

Regardless, with how bad he looked last night, it most definitely will hurt his draft stock, IMO.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #10 : January 08, 2013, 09:33:05 AM »

Did Manti get exposed or was it just a bad game?

Regardless, with how bad he looked last night, it most definitely will hurt his draft stock, IMO.

No.....no.....no......people here think he's the next Derrick Brooks. Do not dare say bad things about the next Derrick Brooks.

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #11 : January 08, 2013, 09:49:31 AM »

He looked really bad last night. He was on roller skates all night long.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 08, 2013, 10:25:18 AM »

I'm not willing to write him off as an NFL prospect based on last night's game.  After last night's game however, I AM willing to say he's not a guy that I think the team would *need* to draft when the team already has two solid linebackers.  (And runs a scheme where the third linebackers plays a relatively limited role.)

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 08, 2013, 10:39:22 AM »

He reminds me of Ruud.  Baller.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 08, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »

I'm not willing to write him off as an NFL prospect based on last night's game.  After last night's game however, I AM willing to say he's not a guy that I think the team would *need* to draft when the team already has two solid linebackers.  (And runs a scheme where the third linebackers plays a relatively limited role.)

+1.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any Manti Te'o fans still out there? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools