Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any Manti Te'o fans still out there? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #45 : January 08, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »

Man, Milliner gave me a semi.

Just a great looking prospect who fits the downhill scheme.

And he has the size too.  Only problem is,  he may be gone by #13.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #46 : January 08, 2013, 09:54:37 PM »

Man, Milliner gave me a semi.

Just a great looking prospect who fits the downhill scheme.

And he has the size too.  Only problem is,  he may be gone by #13.

They should move up to get him. And then get Rhodes in the second round. Sign a vet and you got a better secondary.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

« #47 : January 08, 2013, 10:03:34 PM »

Seriously?

I recall similar threads after the 1st game of the season ripping Keuchly because he had a "bad" game against the Bucs.

How did the rest of the season turn out for the probably DRoY?

If you're judging Te'o off of 1 bad game, then Freeman is a terrible, terrible QB because he's had A LOT of bad games.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #48 : January 08, 2013, 10:04:47 PM »

David was the better rookie linebacker, IMO.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #49 : January 08, 2013, 10:07:32 PM »

Seriously?

I recall similar threads after the 1st game of the season ripping Keuchly because he had a "bad" game against the Bucs.

If you're judging Te'o off of 1 bad game, then Freeman is a terrible, terrible QB because he's had A LOT of bad games.

It was more than a "bad game".

Dude got steamrolled.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucboi813

Starter

« #50 : January 08, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »

Te o Barrett Rudd 2.0 BOFL bs beat bama yeah if they didn't show up

Live free or die trying

jhop88

Hall of Famer

« #51 : January 08, 2013, 10:46:10 PM »

David was the better rookie linebacker, IMO.

It's close, but I'm sure voters didn't watch a lot of Bucs or Panthers games so I think in that case they'll simply go off the tackle numbers.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

« #52 : January 08, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »

Seriously?

Dude got steamrolled.

I don't think he got "steamrolled." Regardless, it's one bad game. And didn't Lorig "steamroll" Keuchly in the 1st game of the season?

As for Miliner, wasn't he projected to go between 12-16 or so prior to the game last night? Now I'm seeing some mocks w/him in the top 10. Again, it was one game.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #53 : January 09, 2013, 02:19:18 AM »

Seriously?

Dude got steamrolled.

I don't think he got "steamrolled." Regardless, it's one bad game. And didn't Lorig "steamroll" Keuchly in the 1st game of the season?

As for Miliner, wasn't he projected to go between 12-16 or so prior to the game last night? Now I'm seeing some mocks w/him in the top 10. Again, it was one game.
Milliner has been talked about being in the top 10 long before this game.  I've even seen mocks with him going in the top 5.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

« #54 : January 09, 2013, 11:20:04 AM »

Seriously?

Dude got steamrolled.

Milliner has been talked about being in the top 10 long before this game.  I've even seen mocks with him going in the top 5.

And I've seen mocks w/him going between 10-15.

PS In the top 5? No way

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #55 : January 09, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »

He did look bad last night.
That said, I remember Miami making FSU's Derrick Brooks look silly in one game.  Completely out of position.  He turned out OK if I recall correctly.

Teo is slow as a mule while Brooks was a fast LB. try again

Son, read the post.  Where did I say he was Derrick Brooks?  If you read INTO the comment rather than reacting on the comment itself, it's clear that the point was any player can have a bad game, even on the big stage.

I'm gonna have to evaluate Teo's overall body of work

Does this make it easier for you, 4eva?^^

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

Ms Elam

Starter

« #56 : January 09, 2013, 02:15:47 PM »

Seriously?

Dude got steamrolled.

Its more about what that bad game exposed than it is about a bad game. His speed and ability to play in space has always been in question. He's and old school 250 pound run stuffer..... And he didn't stuff the run at all against the best  line in college football, he couldn't get of blocks, and he missed tackles. Alabama was the closest thing to an NFL rushing attack he has seen and he didn't perform well. So now you have a big slow run stuffer who may not be a run stuffer at all. He's a 2 down linebacker who will be on the field less than the nickel back in todays league. He isn't worth the first round pick.

As for milliner, he's been touted  as the best corner in this draft since before the season.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

« #57 : January 09, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »

Seriously?

Dude got steamrolled.

Its more about what that bad game exposed than it is about a bad game. His speed and ability to play in space has always been in question. He's and old school 250 pound run stuffer..... And he didn't stuff the run at all against the best  line in college football, he couldn't get of blocks, and he missed tackles. Alabama was the closest thing to an NFL rushing attack he has seen and he didn't perform well. So now you have a big slow run stuffer who may not be a run stuffer at all. He's a 2 down linebacker who will be on the field less than the nickel back in todays league. He isn't worth the first round pick.

As for milliner, he's been touted  as the best corner in this draft since before the season.

According to ESPN's scouting report on Te'o, basically everything you posted about him is incorrect.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29240

As for Milliner, just because he's touted as the best corner in the draft doesn't mean he's expected to go top 5.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #58 : January 17, 2013, 07:27:55 AM »

we're not re-visiting another Brian Bosworth are we?

I ask again.....We're not re-visiting another Brian Bosworth, are we?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #59 : January 17, 2013, 07:29:54 AM »

He reminds me of Ruud.  Baller.

DId Ruud have a fake, made-up gf as well?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any Manti Te'o fans still out there? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools